October Hits and Misses

erin558

shunta said:
Miss- Elasta QP Shampoo for Relaxed Hair:( . I liked it at first, but now it leaves my hair a tangled mess. It kind of reminds me of Elucence Mb shampoo; they have similar ingredients.

Im gonna try the Breakthru shampoo next. I hear its supposed to be very detangling.:cool:

same thing happened to me. i was all about elasta qp shampoo and then it just stared making my hair kind of hard and dry

kally

Hits: Silk elements mega silk lye relaxer(after 2 years of being natural I caved) I love this relaxer it gives me body and softnes.
Kids organic moisture shea butter lotion
Jamaican mango and lime Island oil

Misses: Hello hydration by herbal essence ( was able to get a full refund from walmart without receipt) Thanks for tip ladies.
Extra Liso: Made my hair mated and dry (will attempt to return to Krogers) Even after I had gave it a second time try.

Cholesterols tea tree deep conditioner, made my hair have a soft hard straw like feeling.

MizaniMami

kally said:
Hits: Silk elements mega silk lye relaxer(after 2 years of being natural I caved) I love this relaxer it gives me body and softnes.
Kids organic moisture shea butter lotion
Jamaican mango and lime Island oil

Misses: Hello hydration by herbal essence ( was able to get a full refund from walmart without receipt) Thanks for tip ladies.
Extra Liso: Made my hair mated and dry (will attempt to return to Krogers) Even after I had gave it a second time try.

Cholesterols tea tree deep conditioner, made my hair have a soft hard straw like feeling.

Um, why is my man in your avatar!!!!:lol:

*Steals him back*

MonaLisa

MizaniMami said:
Um, why is my man in your avatar!!!!:lol:

*Steals him back*

*This is soooooooo off topic...but I was peeping him as well...
WHO IS THAT???!!!:eek: *

Okay, back on topic --

Always, continued hits:
PHYTORELAXER II - that sucka must've been on the back part of my head for I don't know how long....not a burn, not a tingle, nada nuttin!
LOVE IT, LOVE IT....not gonna stray, stayin wit my ba-bee.

and

NTM Daily Deep Conditioner

Newest hits:

Sweet Almond Oil - love the smell, love it on my ends

tie between Vitapointe and Keracare Hairdress - you only need a little for moisture and blingy shine.

ORS Glossing Polish - love the smell, blingy shine

Lacio Lacio - great for rollersets, a keeper.

MizaniMami

MonaLisa said:
*This is soooooooo off topic...but I was peeping him as well...
WHO IS THAT???!!!:eek: *

Okay, back on topic --

Always, continued hits:
PHYTORELAXER II - that sucka must've been on the back part of my head for I don't know how long....not a burn, not a tingle, nada nuttin!
LOVE IT, LOVE IT....not gonna stray, stayin wit my ba-bee.

and

NTM Daily Deep Conditioner

Newest hits:

Sweet Almond Oil - love the smell, love it on my ends

tie between Vitapointe and Keracare Hairdress - you only need a little for moisture and blingy shine.

ORS Glossing Polish - love the smell, blingy shine

Lacio Lacio - great for rollersets, a keeper.

Don't worry about who he is. Just know that we have a house, a car, a dog and a cat. :lol:

...I don't even know his name, all I know is he is some fine arse football player.:weird:

MonaLisa

MizaniMami said:
Don't worry about who he is. Just know that we have a house, a car, a dog and a cat. :lol:

...I don't even know his name, all I know is he is some fine arse football player.:weird:

Oh Snap! :lol: :lol: :lol:

MizaniMami

MonaLisa said:

:lachen::lachen:I'm over protective!

More Hits for me:

Essations Hair Mender-OMG, I am 6 days post shampoo and today I washed and lost about 35 hairs in all!!! OMG I am in love. It also made my hair so soft AND strong which a lot of protein treats don't do.

Going back to my old Regimen, products and all. Why did I ever abandon this!

Washing once per week-less manipulation, this is def. my new regimen.

ACV Rinse BEFORE Deep conditioning- This too is def. a part of my regimen!!

Misses:

Forgetting that even though I won't be washing my hair more than once per week my scarf needs to be washed twice a week. My forehead broke out so bad.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Hit: Suave Humectant :love: Definitely a staple :yep:

Soon to try: Amla oil and almond oil :sekret:

Does anyone know if Whole Foods sell Amla oil? :confused:

erin558

Hit so far: coconut oil! coconut oil! coconut oil! I want to shout it from the mountain tops! I want to tell everyone how amazing this stuff is. Why did i sleep on it for so long!!?!?! I bought some jojoba oil the other day and i liked it so I bought a bigger bottle the same time I bought my coconut oil and I regret getting another bottle of jojoba. While jojoba is great, coconut oil is IT. I put it in my hair tonight and it was just so SHINY and it wasn't weighed down at all!! I put it on my skin after I took my shower and it felt like silk! I bought the Extra Virgin Coconot Oil by Nature's Way from Whole Foods. The smell is amazing. The smell alone will make you want to use it for everythiing. I put it in my boyfriends hair because I just want him to seee what i'm talking about. I was one of those people that stayed away from oil because I felt like they would weight my hair down. I will use this stuff forever. It's the best thing i've bought in a very long time. Don't sleep on this one girls.

Hit:jojoba oil. I put just a drop on my face along with my moisturizer and i like the way it feels. it's not oily. I will see if anything else happens to my skin in the next coming days.

Hit: My new pink Solia flat iron. This thing is a miracle. I don't even have anything else to say but that my hair is light as a feather.

Hit: Salerm 21. This stuff is moisturizing. I underestimated it's power and I think i got a bit heavy handed with it. It SORT of weighed my hair down at first but now its okay. My hair is above my shoulders and I wear it up so much ( to protect my ends ) that it doesnt really matter. I think i'm going to try lacio lacio next to see if it will be better for my wraps/rollersets.

Hit: Revlon Realistic Lye Relaxer. I was messing around with that Affirm Fiberguard CRAP for so long that I forgot what a good relaxer was like. It didn't leave my hair underprocessed and dry. Yes, it was very strong but my hair is silky, straight ( but not BONE BONE straight ), and soft. I will continue using this.

Last edited:

KathyMay

hits:

Sedal Anti Sponge- an ole favorite of mine
V05 Strawberries and Cream- one of my basics
ORS Olive Oil moisturizer damn it is good
Fantasic Heat Protectant spray-nice

misses/not sure: Ultra Sheen Duo Sheen- I will give in one more try

glamazon386

HITS

Pure Mango Butter
Wave Nouveau Moisturing Conditioner - made the waves bounce back in my weave

Denman Brush - well mines is a phony one I got from the BSS for 1.99 made by Annie. :lol: They didn't have real Denmans at that BSS but it works pretty good.

Handheld shaper/razor - I forget who it was made by but it made it easy to cut my weave instead of using a regular razor. You can't even tell I cut it myself.

MISSES

Suave Milk & Honey Conditioner - didn't really do anything for my hair

That's all I can think of right now...

LABETT

Hits
Nature Gate Herbal Hair Conditioner
Herbal Essesence Pin Straight Conditioner
Spectrum Coconut Oil-Sleeping on this product
Omini Roots Hot Oil Tx
Triple Gro Tea Tree Oil Hair Grease-scalp loved it-surprised
Revisited Hit-UBH Moisturizer-why did I stray from this product

Misses
None

GoGoChik

Hits:
1. Silk Elements Mild Lye Relaxer... OH MY GOSH!! My hair got bone straight in 10 minutes AND I still have bounce and body. I've been white girl tossing in the mirror for the past 2 days. :lol: I'm glad that I no longer have to go to my scissor-happy stylist for the "just stepped out of the salon" look.

2. Letting my mom apply my relaxer. After 2 failed attempts at self-relaxing (one over-processed time and one under processed), I decided to go back to the lady who helped my hair get super long in the beginning. She greased my scalp, didn't over process me, didn't cut all my hair off and it was FREE! Yeah for my Mommy!

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Miss

Moisturizer on day old hair - I just cannot moisturize my hair unless it's been washed. Tangles were everywhere.

EishBuhgeish

For my itchy scalp....

Hit:
Parnevu T-Tree Growth Creme-felt nice and cool as it made contact with my scalp. Havent scratched all day!

Hot Six Oil
Smell wonderful, moisturized & softened my hair beautifully
Works as a heat protectant too

Miss:
DOO GRO Anti Itch Growth Oil
Scalp felt dry afterward, still was scratchin my head like crazy

LovelyLionessa

EishBuhgeish said:
For my itchy scalp....

Hit:
Hot Six Oil
Smell wonderful, moisturized & softened my hair beautifully
Works as a heat protectant too

I looove me some Hot Six oil. I can't believe it took me so long to try this. It's one of the best oils out there, a keeper. :)

shunta

Hits:

Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo. I really like this one; leaves my hair soft, and it doesnt contain any sulfates. Hopefully it doesnt trick me like that Elasta Shampoo for Relaxed hair that made my hair a tangled mess!:mad:

natstar

Hit: Africa's Best Gro Strong Hair Grease- it smells wonderful and I have been using it daily on my ends. Works great for moisture and smells good. Although the jar says no petroleum and mineral oil, the ingredients show a little mineral oil closer to the bottom of the ingredient list. This is still fine for me though.

BklynHeart

Hits: Wella In-Depth Conditioner. I only had to leave it on for about 6 minutes with no heat and my hair felt strong and smooth. Hardly any breakage when I combed it while wet.

kiwiny

Hit: Herbal Essences Break's Over Strengthening Leave-in Creme-Great for your ends. I just bought it and I'm in love. I use it on my ends and seal with evoo= soft silky hair.

Mizani H2O intense-really expensive but my hair seems stonger..at least for now.

HWAY

HITS:
BBD Stretch Creme
UBH Moisturizing Lotion
Aveda Sap Moss Shampoo
Aveda BrilliantConditioner
My hair really loved the Aveda products.
Pending:UBH conditioner

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I second that motion as well:D Qhemet Biologics is the bomb! I tried their olive detangler,and their honey/olive balm and that stuff is the truth:grin:

erin558

Miss - Nexxus Aloe Rid. YUCK. It was terrible. I think i'm the only person on this board that hated this mess. It set me back for a minute.

Revisted hit : Fantasia IC Aloe Leave in Treatment. this saved me from the aloe rid.

Hits :yay:
A.O~Honeysuckle Rose Poo And Con
A.O~Island Naturals Replenishing Conditioner
Giovanni Direct Leave In

Misses :nono:
Rusk Clarifying Poo

Last edited: