October Hits and Misses

lexi08

taraglam2 said:
Huge miss----- could not understand why my hair was super dry--- Hello Hydration was the reason---yes it gave me mega slip but 24 to 48 hours later my hair was dry as sandpaper !

I forgot to add to my post

Hello Hydration was a miss for me also. I used it for shaving my legs and it works great, I'll use that until i can find the regular shave cream I use :look:

Lavendar

nikki1971 said:
I forgot to add to my post

Hello Hydration was a miss for me also. I used it for shaving my legs and it works great, I'll use that until i can find the regular shave cream I use :look:

Now that's what I call...RECYCLING!!! :lachen:

lala

I'm going to have to modify my product list to add:

Nexxus Mousse Plus Alcohol Free Volumizing Foam...this stuff was the bomb, my ponytail is so bouncy and soft, ppl have been staring at it to see if its real.

Tee

lala said:
I'm going to have to modify my product list to add:

Nexxus Mousse Plus Alcohol Free Volumizing Foam...this stuff was the bomb, my ponytail is so bouncy and soft, ppl have been staring at it to see if its real.

I heard this is good. That is drys really nice. Not hard like most mousse and doesn't frizz. Did you find this to be true with yours?

Tee

crlsweetie912 said:
I am soooooo happy with this product. I gotta go get some more, cause Beyond the Zone products are buy 2 get one free at Sally's this month!:D

Well darn. I wish I waited a few more days before running out to Sally's for it. Priestess just had me wanting it so bad that I couldn't wait. lol I love it.

LovelyLionessa

Letitia said:
Well darn. I wish I waited a few more days before running out to Sally's for it. Priestess just had me wanting it so bad that I couldn't wait. lol I love it.

Muuahahaha... that's funny! :lol: Girl, just do what us pjs do, go out and STOCK UP! :grin:

That stuff is AMAZING!! :D

Reece1337

Hits: Glover's Medicated Ointment (oldie but goodie)
World of Curls Activator for all-day moisture
Weekly deep-conditioning

Misses: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration (hello dehydration ??:confused:), but willing to try the shaving thing.........

On the fence: Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Hit
Profective Temple Thick Anti-Thinning Stimulant - don't know if it's really helping with thinning, but it smells good and moisturizes well.

Tee

Priestess said:
[/b]

Muuahahaha... that's funny! :lol: Girl, just do what us pjs do, go out and STOCK UP! :grin:

That stuff is AMAZING!! :D

Lol..whispers...going this weekend.

lala

Letitia said:
I heard this is good. That is drys really nice. Not hard like most mousse and doesn't frizz. Did you find this to be true with yours?

My stylist just introduced this to my hair routine, and I couldn't believe how soft and bouncy my hair was. I was at the gym on the treadmill with my ponytail bouncing and ppl were looking at me...so I know they were thinking that my ponytail was fake.

Tee

lala said:
My stylist just introduced this to my hair routine, and I couldn't believe how soft and bouncy my hair was. I was at the gym on the treadmill with my ponytail bouncing and ppl were looking at me...so I know they were thinking that my ponytail was fake.

Giggles. Thanks for the update. I will check this product out.

Nanyanika

undecided: Dark and lovely cholesterol: it helped with detangling my hair, but made my hair feel coated it must be the mineral oil.

mango387

LHCF members, we have a problem.
It is only the 5th of the month and we already have a long thread on Oct. hits and misses. My name is Mango387, and I am a product junkie.
ANYWAY!:lol:
My hit for this month is the Proclaim Serum with Aloe that I had not used since I purchased it months ago. It detangled my hair after my Aveda mini-fiasco and gave me soft, smooth hair upon drying.

Tee

mango387 said:
LHCF members, we have a problem.
It is only the 5th of the month and we already have a long thread on Oct. hits and misses. My name is Mango387, and I am a product junkie.
ANYWAY!:lol:
My hit for this month is the Proclaim Serum with Aloe that I had not used since I purchased it months ago. It detangled my hair after my Aveda mini-fiasco and gave me soft, smooth hair upon drying.

What happened with the Aveda??

Tee

Hit..........Aveda Brilliant Universal Styling Creme

Main, I tried this stuff out and fell in instant love! This will be a staple of mine.

MizaniMami

Letitia said:
Hit..........Aveda Brilliant Universal Styling Creme

Main, I tried this stuff out and fell in instant love! This will be a staple of mine.

I love this too. I use this as a moisturizer.

Tee

MizaniMami said:
I love this too. I use this as a moisturizer.

I wish I would have known about this long time ago. This is so darn good. Now, what is the full name of the Serum you are using. PJism acting up. lol I didn't just see Aveda Serum. Help a PJ out. lol

MizaniMami

Letitia said:
I wish I would have known about this long time ago. This is so darn good. Now, what is the full name of the Serum you are using. PJism acting up. lol I didn't just see Aveda Serum. Help a PJ out. lol

I ain't got nothing to do with this Pj Binge you on! :lol:

But it's called Aveda Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss, this is how it looks. Best thing sinces sliced bread.

Tee

MizaniMami said:
I ain't got nothing to do with this Pj Binge you on! :lol:

But it's called Aveda Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss, this is how it looks. Best thing sinces sliced bread.

You know I am lol at you. Thanks for the info. I saw this and wasn't sure if this was the serum you were talking about. I will get it this weekend.

Esp. with that comparison to slice bread. :p

Thanks!!

***Any Cones in this?????

Last edited:

MizaniMami

Letitia said:
You know I am lol at you. Thanks for the info. I saw this and wasn't sure if this was the serum you were talking about. I will get it this weekend.

Esp. with that comparison to slice bread. :p

Thanks!!

***Any Cones in this?????

Oh yeah girl, it's a serum, it's ALL cones!! It got a few stuff at the end liek Vit E and Rice Bran oil, but since it's an serum it's all cones!

Tee

MizaniMami said:
Oh yeah girl, it's a serum, it's ALL cones!! It got a few stuff at the end liek Vit E and Rice Bran oil, but since it's an serum it's all cones!

Thanks, that is just what I was thinking about serums! all cones! lol

mango387

Letitia said:
What happened with the Aveda??

Oh, I used the Aveda Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer that I loved when I was natural. Unfortunately, my now relaxed hair became pretty tangled when I used it on Tuesday night. The Proclaim serum on wet hair gave me the extra slip that I needed.

***I think I might be in the minority, but my relaxed hair might thrive better on cheaper products:perplexed .

MizaniMami

mango387 said:
Oh, I used the Aveda Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer that I loved when I was natural. Unfortunately, my now relaxed hair became pretty tangled when I used it on Tuesday night. The Proclaim serum on wet hair gave me the extra slip that I needed.

***I think I might be in the minority, but my relaxed hair might thrive better on cheaper products:perplexed .

Girl you and me both. That Aveda Deep Penetrating Revitalizer was THE worst thing that I have every put in my hair. It was so hard and tangly and DRRRRRYYYYY! It took weeks for my hair to restore back to it's normal self. That was like aphogee in a bottle for my hair, too much protein for my hair. My hair also didn't like the elixir.

Tee

mango387 said:

Thanks for your reply. I just got the Damage Remedy Treatment, Spa Moss Concentrate, and Brilliant Cream (loving!) I just wanted to make sure you weren't reporting a mishap on anything I just got.

caribeandiva

Human being
:up: Bantu lye relaxer in super

wow.. anything that actually get my thick, resistant hair to behave is a keeper

@ Cooyah, yes gurl we're all pj's in this place. we'll have over 500 replies by the end of the month