October Hits and Misses

LovelyLionessa

Hits:
Beyond the Zone Noodlehead
After styling in a braidout, it made my hair look naturally curly and shiny plus it aids in detangling by giving damp locks a delicious slippery feeling. Love this! :yay:

Vitapointe
This pearly cream in the slim white tube totally saved my hair by lubricating it and adding shine, while putting an end to brittleness. No wonder my mother used this while growing up in Jamaica! :cool:

Miss:
ACV rinses
Orginally, I loved the immediate tangle free smooth feeling these gave my hair, but over time they made my hair brittle. :mad:

On the fence:
Fermodyl 619 leave-in treatment
I have never been a fan of liquid leave-ins and I wasn't nuts about the idea of towel blotting my hair only to saturate it again with a leave-in liquid. Plus I guess it didn't help that I got the wrong formula and not the one everyone raves about. :(

Last edited:

erin558

oh i forgot one:

Miss: Salerm 21. I really wanted to like this. I thought it was going to be THE ONE but it really weighed my hair down. i tried to pass it on to my boyfriend but he didnt like it either.

I guess i'll try lacio lacio

longmanediva

Hits: Sylver2's blowdry routine, I put in IC Olive oil serum, rusk sensories smoother, and lacio lacio in sections and blowdried in sections on med heat at 8 weeks post relaxer.....AMAZING!!!! Roots were semi-straight and "SOFT" and "BEST" part is not much hair on the floor:grin: . Hair was thick, full and very healthy looking..... I can now stretch with soft roots....WHEW! If I airdry, roots are hard and thick, and just forget about flat ironing, I'm forced to phony pony....NO OTHER OPTIONS, if i want hair on my head, but now I can blow my 4bcd-z hair without damage......
THANKS SYLVER2 :notworthy .

MISSES: Duotex Protein Treatment....."OH MY GOSH"..... a nightmare. It made my hair SOOOOO hard, harder than emergencee and aphogee combined, it was a nightmare. I put in 2 moisturizing cond and oil afterwards with heat and my hair was still mangled, tangled and matted......I almost panicked but I kept it cool:crying3: :( . I put in IC Olive Oil serum on throughout my head, and sectioned off very small pieces and added the above leave-ins and was able to get the comb thru it.....WHEW!!!! Nevertheless, it is "4 SALE"!!!! I will stick to Aphogee with the moisturizing cond for it and that is it.

carameldiva

Revised Hit list:
Shea Butter- just fabulous

African Black Soap- great on skin, hair(cleanses and detangles) and face ( cleared up acne almost immediately- complexion is clear and glowing)

Virgin Red Palm Oil( the same color as hot sauce- makes hair smell like curry but great on hair and scalp)

Virgin Palm Kernel oil ( looks and smells like burnt peanut butter mixed with coconut but great on hair and scalp)

sylver2

longmanediva said:
Hits: Sylver2's blowdry routine, I put in IC Olive oil serum, rusk sensories smoother, and lacio lacio in sections and blowdried in sections on med heat at 8 weeks post relaxer.....AMAZING!!!! Roots were semi-straight and "SOFT" and "BEST" part is not much hair on the floor:grin: . Hair was thick, full and very healthy looking..... I can now stretch with soft roots....WHEW! If I airdry, roots are hard and thick, and just forget about flat ironing, I'm forced to phony pony....NO OTHER OPTIONS, if i want hair on my head, but now I can blow my 4bcd-z hair without damage......
THANKS SYLVER2 :notworthy .

:D Im so glad it worked for u

Catina72

Hit: Sta Sof Fro!! I know, I am late but now that I am 10 weeks post I jumped on the bandwagon....I think I can make it to 12 weeks now:yep:

Wishin4BSL

Hits:
Biosilk Silk Therapy!
Silk Elements Mega Silk Moisturizing Treatment!
Amodimethicone is my favorite cone!

Misses:
Rusk Moist Treatment
Products with no cones!

crlsweetie912

carameldiva said:
Revised Hit list:
Shea Butter- just fabulous

African Black Soap- great on skin, hair(cleanses and detangles) and face ( cleared up acne almost immediately- complexion is clear and glowing)

Virgin Red Palm Oil( the same color as hot sauce- makes hair smell like curry but great on hair and scalp)

Virgin Palm Kernel oil ( looks and smells like burnt peanut butter mixed with coconut but great on hair and scalp)

Did you get your black soap from Nasabb?

Nanyanika

HIT
Silk elements megasilk relaxer regular lye
Silk elements megasilk moisturising treatment
Proclaim neutralising shampoo

MISS
Dark and lovely ultra cholesterol

Blessedhairgro

Hit: Giovanni direct leave in conditioner :D: It is THE BOMB! This stuff really detangles wet hair. No matter how tangled it is at the beginning or 12th week of my relaxer, this stuff literally detangles and moisturizes the mess out of my hair.

Hit: Silk Elements Megasilk moistuizing treatment: I can stop spending money on biolage ultra hydrating balm (which I also love but it's too expensive) because this stuff is so thick and rich and detangles and moisturizes great!

Miss: Suave sleek conditioner: did not moisturize my hair at all

:yep:

Baggy method
Kemi Oyl

:nono:

None

:ohwell:

Phytospecific Intense Nutrition Shampoo
Phytospecific Intense Nutrition Mask
CON red label shampoo
-I am going to give these another try.

LadyJay114

I am such a PJ :D

More hits:

End papers

Qhemet Biologics
I got my Qhemet sample set last night and I'm in love! The Honeybush Hair Tea is amazing!!!

MizaniMami

BabyImaStarr said:
:yep:

Baggy method
Kemi Oyl

:nono:

None

:ohwell:

Phytospecific Intense Nutrition Shampoo
Phytospecific Intense Nutrition Mask
CON red label shampoo
-I am going to give these another try.

I like the way you did that with the smilies! That ws cute.

pattycake0701

Hits:
- One With Nature natural bar soaps. This stuff is pretty good all over but I just :love: it for my hair. It left my hair clean and soooo soft. I'm so not using shampoo anymore. Best of all, it has no preservatives or other harsh chemicals and I feel safe bathing my two year old with it.

- Pantene Extra Liso Combing Creme. It moisturizes my hair pretty good and it smells dreamy. It does help to tame some of my frizzy strands that like to pop up when I'm wearing buns, but the grease pretty much does the same thing.

Misses:
-Infusium Original Leave-In Treatment. Made my hair feel dull and it doesn't feel like it is improving the strength.

MiWay

:D :D :D HIT!!!

CHI flat iron. I've never had my hair flat-ironed, and the results were amazing. I will be getting one very soon.

shunta

Hits:

NTM Daily Deep Conditioner-This softened my newgrowth like nobody's business. I was actually able to comb through my newgrowth after attempting to stretch my relaxer a tad bit further. Confession-after stalking Sylver2's fotki like a mad woman, I wanted to try it even more.

mkstar826

supersonic
mkstar826 said:
HIT: Homemade Green Tea Hair Spritz :yay: so far no misses.

hits:
*Softee coconut oil and Softee herbal gro oil (aka grease :lol:)
*lavender EO :love:

revisted hits:
*Aveda DPHR (w/ plastic cap for heat :love:)
*Aveda Elixir

still no misses :D