My Awesome Braidout PICS & VIDEO

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Thanks btw.
Yes. I am braiding my hair with the 2 ends of the 1 scarf and my hair makes the 3rd piece of the braid.

But just to clarify, it is only 1 piece of scarf per braid.

(I don't know if you saw this one) In this video at around 0:40 mins you see how I pull the piece of scarf under the section I am going to braid and then start braiding.
Thanks. Yes I did see that, thanks for clarifying. I can't wait to try it out.

Tickin4Gold

Has anyone tried the braidout yet?
Let me know, PM me, reply to this or send me a msg on YT. I can't wait to see you guys' hair. I did another braidout Friday night, so I may post another Braidout Vid. We shall see.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Has anyone tried the braidout yet?
Let me know, PM me, reply to this or send me a msg on YT. I can't wait to see you guys' hair. I did another braidout Friday night, so I may post another Braidout Vid. We shall see.

I will post when I try mine but I'm not sure when that will be though. Hopefully I will get around to it soon.

One more question....Approx. how big are the strips of scarf that you cut...like how wide? Just so I have an idea, thanks.

Tickin4Gold

I will post when I try mine but I'm not sure when that will be though. Hopefully I will get around to it soon.

One more question....Approx. how big are the strips of scarf that you cut...like how wide? Just so I have an idea, thanks.

When I initially cut my strips, I was in such a hurry (because I was inspired), I didn't pay attention to the sizes I was cutting. So I have strips between 3" and 7". :blush:
But I suggest you cut them all the same size. 5" might be good - it's up to you. You can get three 5" strips from the rectangular satin scarves like this one

Alta Angel

Hi OP,

I looked at another one of your videos where you airdryed your ponytail. Where did you get that circular banana clip? I love it!

Tickin4Gold

Hi OP,

I looked at another one of your videos where you airdryed your ponytail. Where did you get that circular banana clip? I love it!

I created a thread on those clips a few weeks ago. You can buy them here

Here is the thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=435984

I got this clip from my mom a few years ago. She said she bought it from the dollar store some time before she gave it to me. Since then, I've searched everywhere including several dollars stores, sallys, walmart, cvs, the flea market etc but I can't find this clip.
I love these clips so much, they don't pull my hair out, they don't dry my hair out (they're plastic), my hair doesn't get snagged on them, they are easy to put in, they make my ponytail looks really thick :) and I could go on...

NO, It is not a banana clip. I have banana clips and this is nothing like it, except for the teeth. This is way smaller and more flexible.

Anyway, I really want to buy more... I need some idea of where else to look for them. Online or otherwise.

• Have you seen this hair clip before?
  • Do you know where I can get more like it to buy?
Thanks for your help.

How it looks in my hair -Wet and Dry Hair

ETA - I found them online thanks to yaya24. Only wish them had them in black or brown.

I just had a similar idea tonight after a weird looking braid out except I though of using weaving hair :D Im going to use pieces of a silk scarf that i ruined :lol:

Your hair is fabulous and that idea is ingenious!! I am so trying this....

Must cornrows be used or could I do regular braids? NVM let me watch the tutorial lol

Last edited:

Urban

Genius! I actually came across you YT channel a few days ago and subscribed, didn't realize you were a member here.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
OMG, gorgeous hair! I am so motivated to end my transition so I can practice the styles on natural hair!:yep:

Tickin4Gold

Thanks y'all lovely ladies :blush:
You don't have to do cornrows. In fact the braidout in my siggy was accomplished by doing single braids with the satin scarf. I have a 6 braidout videos on YT and will be adding more. One of them shows how I do single braids.

Here is the playlist http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=714F28C4EBC3CA5A

Another thing, if you have satin fabric just lying around you can use that. I've never tried silk but that should work too. Once, I even cut up an old satin slip when I ran out of scarf to cut :grin:

buttaflye03

Genius! I actually came across you YT channel a few days ago and subscribed, didn't realize you were a member here.

Me too! I was just watching the braidout video last night!

Tickin4Gold, your hair is gorgeous. I enjoyed your videos and website :)

Stella B.

Girlie, what an ingenious technique! I hope I can try this soon. Your braidout came out awesome!! It seems like the satin fabric acts as a roller, and gives shape to the hairs in the 3 sections braided around it. Thanks so much for the vid, and the idea! it is much appreciated!:grin:

Tickin4Gold

Girlie, what an ingenious technique! I hope I can try this soon. Your braidout came out awesome!! It seems like the satin fabric acts as a roller, and gives shape to the hairs in the 3 sections braided around it. Thanks so much for the vid, and the idea! it is much appreciated!:grin:

Thanks so much.:)
You are so right about the satin fabric acting as a roller. That is what I tell me all the time when they ask why the satin scarf method gives better waves.
Yep, I hope you can try it soon too :yep:

frizzy

You are indeed a genius! I can't wait to use this technique when my hair gets longer. Thanks for sharing and your hair looks beautiful!

Tickin4Gold

You are indeed a genius! I can't wait to use this technique when my hair gets longer. Thanks for sharing and your hair looks beautiful!
Thank you my dear. :)
I am just glad no one came in here telling me I am crazy for braiding my hair with fabric. :lachen:

Dogmd

OUTSTANDING BRAIDOUT.. ima give it a try. thank you SOOO MUCH!
where do you purchase your satin from?

Oops .. nevermind.. just went to your website! THANKS AGAIN!

Last edited:

Tickin4Gold

OUTSTANDING BRAIDOUT.. ima give it a try. thank you SOOO MUCH!
where do you purchase your satin from?

Oops .. nevermind.. just went to your website! THANKS AGAIN!

Thanx a bunch. I'm excited for you to try it. You may have already found the answer but nevertheless I buy the satin nites satin wrapping scarf. I buy mine at a local walmart. Sally's also carry them. But any comparable satin scarf should work.
All the info is right here: Braidout FAQ http://zanandrob.com/2010/04/braidout-faqs/

*Muffin*

Very clever. You figured out a way to get uniform curls from root to tip! Will definitely have to try someday, and thanks for sharing :yep:.