My first braidout and second try with pics!

mixedbella_85

SO...i decided that i wanted to try a braidout :yawn:. I did one the night before and last night, and the second one has much more success! The first night, i parted sections all over and did individual braids, using a little leave in and a couple sprays of S curl no drip ( rubbed my palms) and smoothed over the section before braiding. I then put a dab of Castor Oil over the braid and on the ends before curling the ends with perm rods. I wore a satin cap and unraveled in the morning....then VOILA:rolleyes:! I used as little manipulation as possible, and with a rattail comb, I teased only the sections where the parts showed. Over time, it looked better to me, but it did look a little frizzed by evening. I did not want to go for second day hair yet, so i decided to try it again using smaller braided sections. I really like how they came out today. I followed the braidout from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnwHlqk_Xk0 which i found in one of the threads. Mines is not as beautiful as hers, but i think it works well with my shorter hair. Tell me what you think, and share your braidout stories too! I am looking to improve this style for myself and others; i think it could be a great protective style for me to aid in growing! Thanks Ladies!!!

These photos are from my first...i will try to post some from today later on!

Attachments

• IMG_1848[1].jpg
    IMG_1848[1].jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1817[1].jpg
    IMG_1817[1].jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1834[1].jpg
    IMG_1834[1].jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1819[1].jpg
    IMG_1819[1].jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1820[1].jpg
    IMG_1820[1].jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 65

mixedbella_85

Very nice! I have yet to use perm rods on my ends...

I am so glad i discovered them lol. I didn't think about using them until i saw it in one of the threads! My ends are still relaxed, so i would have curly roots, and straight ends! The perm rods helped tremendously!