YouTube Video on Doing Natural Hair Braidout

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
It came out really pretty. If my hair looked like that transitioning I would probably have transitioned longer

danysedai

I'm relaxed (not bone straight) but my NG looks about the same as the girl in the video (will stretch some more and then decide whether to transition) so I really liked the video, it turned out very pretty. I think a local BSS has those products (I'm in Canada and it's hard to get those products in here)

Ogoma

^^^ Canada ain't the problem, Edmonton is. :lol:.

Is there a better selection in Calagary? Intra-Canada Shipping is also quite expensive.

vtoodler

Check out this website:

www.shipito.com

I've never used it before, but it looks like it could be good. As with all things though, I would encourage you to do more independent research before proceeding.

Last edited:

naturalmanenyc

Amarilles

It's more about method than products. Those in particular are nothing special, the ingredients are cheap and they use eyeroll-inducing tactics like "with bamboo extract" yet a quick look at the back shows it as the last ingredient right before all the blues andsomenumbers, yellows andsomenumbers, reds andsomenumbers. :perplexed

I'm transitioning (13 months) and my hair looks uniform and is moisturized. I braid and curl with a perm rod too, but I don't rod all the way up to my scalp because it really cuts back on length. Below is a pic of a 3-day braidout vs my natural texture...don't run out and get those exact products just to achieve that look.

(And ooh! Look at all the Canadians! :wave:)

Attachments

• IMG_5893a.jpg
    IMG_5893a.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 20130406_124607.jpg
    20130406_124607.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 63

ckisland

I've seen this video before, and I am a little impressed at how her braidout (or braid n'curl) looks like it was done on natural hair even though most of her hair is relaxed :yep:.

I don't want to touch this line because the company mainly makes relaxer, so I just don't trust it, and the ingredients are crap. I have no issue with the anti-shrinkage though, and I still don't get what the problem is :look:. Um ladies on this forum are doing what they can to reduce, avoid shrinkage (braiding, twisting, banding, rollersetting, adding other products that reduce shrinkage, heat training, texlaxing, etc), and only a handful of ladies let their hair shrink a good part of the time (I'm one of those few) anyway. Other natural products claim to reduce shrinkage or to elongate, and people don't take issue with those :spinning:.

loulou82

The results were nice but goodness gracious that was a lot of shampoo poured into the stylist's palm. That bottle would last me a year.

ckisland

The results were nice but goodness gracious that was a lot of shampoo poured into the stylist's palm. That bottle would last me a year.

I was going to say this too. If that stylist is suppose to know about healthy hair, why the heck is she using that much shampoo? That's like the first thing newbies learn about cleansing, "don't wash your hair like your in a Pantene commercial". :nono:

kimpaur

Her hair came out cute but I wouldn't dare use their products. The commercials focus on "ANTI-SHRINKAGE" so Black women aren't doomed with kinky hair. They are yet another company jumping on the natural band wagon and selling products with crappy ingredients.

aren't they owned by a non-black company? I say this commercial earlier today watching one of sistahwithrealhair's video and for some reason it just made me angry that a non-black company is telling us what to do with our hair. that's wrong on so many levels..kinda creeps me out