Fast and Easy Braidout **PICS & Video** - Satin Scarf Method

Tickin4Gold

Thanks guys. I won't ask to you ladies to post pics when you try because last time I did I got an overwhelming lack of responses :( So good luck when you try it. If you have any questions, just ask in this thread or leave me a comment on my vid.
Everything you should need to get started is in the video info on YT.

i did this yesterday and it was my only decent braidout in forever lol...i also got a lot of compliments on it :)
thanks so much for the tips!!

Tickin4Gold

i did this yesterday and it was my only decent braidout in forever lol...i also got a lot of compliments on it :)
thanks so much for the tips!!

That's very good to hear bludawnn28, I am glad the braidout worked out great for you.
And get used to those compliments...:)

Feel free to post pics whenever you're ready :grin:

TLC1020

Wow.. Great Job...Have to try this one day... I also enjoyed your how to sleep on braidout video... :grin:

NorthernCalGal

I had given up on ever doing a successful braidout due to my limited braiding skills. This video gives me hope. I'm so gonna try this next week. Thanks!

LaidBak

OP your results were gorgeous!!
I was so psyched that I tried it myself last night. I ended up with a frizzy mess, but then again, I cannot french braid to save my life. I guess I need to just wait until I get to APL so I can do the other method.

TwistNMx

Thank you so much. I'm always doing twists and braids anyway, but I'm really excited to try this out like....tomorrow. :yep:

kami02

I'm def going to try this on my next braid out. I just have to get the scarf. Can't wait! I watched your good vs bad braid out and I have def had my share of bad braid outs, lol!

lane

This is by far not this best picture of a braidout using Zan's method, but I was able to do this on dirty hair. LOL. I must say that this is by far the BEST method for braidouts that I've seen. I've been growing my hair out since 2008 and I finally feel as though I'm getting closer to a length I can work with (I'm a little hair challenged and long hair works for me). I think there is a chance I will be waist length by the end of the year and I can't wait to have this method perfected by then.

Thank you for the video Zan and I will post better pics soon.

*Please excuse the grandma robe...

Attachments

• Braidout_10.jpg
    Braidout_10.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Tickin4Gold

This is by far not this best picture of a braidout using Zan's method, but I was able to do this on dirty hair. LOL. I must say that this is by far the BEST method for braidouts that I've seen. I've been growing my hair out since 2008 and I finally feel as though I'm getting closer to a length I can work with (I'm a little hair challenged and long hair works for me). I think there is a chance I will be waist length by the end of the year and I can't wait to have this method perfected by then.

Thank you for the video Zan and I will post better pics soon.

*Please excuse the grandma robe...

Thanks for posting this pic Lane. Your hair is gorgeous and yes, I do believe you might make it to WL by end of year. I see you have more of a beachy wavy look with your braidout. It's pretty, imagine on freshly washed hair. You'll be rocking it all week. I prefer the wavy look versus the super curly look myself. But I love just braidouts, there are so versatile.
Thanks again :)

PS. I didn't notice the robe until you mentioned it..lol

lwilliams1922

OK, so I read this thread the other day and planned on trying it. Then last night I wanted to do it before going to bed. Well it was late and I could not find the silk scarf! I was frustrated for a bit but didn't want to go to sleep with my twists undone.

....So I decided to cut strips from a plastic bag. Sounds crazy, but it was late when I went to bed. lol. I used a WEN mix and sealed with grapeseed oil. So picture a white bag flat twisted into 3 flat twists on my brown/black hair. I put a scarf over so DH wouldn't think I lost my mind and went to bed.

I ,must say I'm am loving the twist out!! Big popping curls. It made me think of baggying without the crinkling or wet head which I have issues with when I'm trying to sleep.

I didn't take pics because it was late and I didn't think it would work out but I'll be doing it again.

Duff

I tried this last night too and slept on it. this will definitely be a staple braidout method for me. also I'm transisitioning from barely texlaxed to natural :).

I use 4 braids though. 3 of them came out nice and wavy curly and one was just barely wavy. I guess I did something diff on that one....

I just qhemet products too and my hair came out very nice and soft. also my hair was already blown out. I'm going to have to try all methods for my hair as I likey!!!