My Awesome Braidout PICS & VIDEO

Tickin4Gold

QUESTION: I usually do it in cornrows...if i do more corn rows the fuller my braid out? (like 10-12 braids

Wow, that's alot of cornrows you are planning on doing. with the satin scarf method, I don't know if you can fit 12 cornrows in. The more cornrows/ individual braids you have, the smaller the curls, and possibly the bigger your braidout. The max amount of cornrows I do is 4.

hair4romheaven

Wow, that's alot of cornrows you are planning on doing. with the satin scarf method, I don't know if you can fit 12 cornrows in. The more cornrows/ individual braids you have, the smaller the curls, and possibly the bigger your braidout. The max amount of cornrows I do is 4.

Thank you so much for answering. I subscribed to my first YT channel...yours!! :lachen:

I will try maybe 6-7 braids cornrows. I will send you my results.

ChristmasCarol

I will def try this method the next time I attempt a braid-out. Maybe it will stop my ends from tangling and looking ratty.

ETA: Thanks for sharing this!

Last edited:

Tickin4Gold

I will def try this method the next time I attempt a braid-out. Maybe it will stop my ends from tangling and looking ratty.

ETA: Thanks for sharing this!
Yep, try it. It will definitely Not make your ends look ratty. That was my main goal when I started doing this method. Stop those scraggly looking ends and instead get nice curls at the ends. :)

simplyhair

I checked out the video last night and THOUGHT I had it. But, now I'm not so sure.

When you do the cornrows, do you use the scarf with each "3 sections" of hair? You know, when you grab additional hair, are you including the hair with each scarf tail.

OR, do you work the scarf tails "alone without hair"?

Tickin4Gold

I checked out the video last night and THOUGHT I had it. But, now I'm not so sure.

When you do the cornrows, do you use the scarf with each "3 sections" of hair? You know, when you grab additional hair, are you including the hair with each scarf tail.

OR, do you work the scarf tails "alone without hair"?
:( I am sorry.
I am actually cornrowing with the scarf and the hair mixed together. So yes, as I grab more hair, I am also including the scarf. However once I finish the cornrow and I am braiding this ends, I start to separate the hair from the scarf so I have 1 single hair section and 2 scarf sections.

If what I am saying sounds like greek, re-watch the video and if it still not working out for you, just do individual braids instead and forget the cornrow - it's easier. I show that in the Braidout maintenance video

jenaccess

Beautiful! I have done something similiar to this except I use kanekalon synthetic hair because I also hated the way the ends would turn out.

me-T

had to come back & comment cause i'm just sooo elated to find this vid! tell me why when i went to the doc monday, i stole some tongue depressors to set my hair on?:lachen: i'll see the outcome sunday:look:

Egyptjones

Your braid-out is AMAZING! I used to hjve great braid-outs when I was tex-laxed.

I haven't relaxed since last February so I guess I am going to go ahead and transition. I am still trying to figure out the best technique and products to have the best results on my nearly natural hair.

I'm planning to try your technique this weekend!

LovelyRo

I LOVE this idea. I'm in a curly sew-in right now and I know this will work wonders for my leave-out hair!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Ok, checked out your vids and wow what a great idea!!! Your results are so beautiful! I'm definitely gonna try this since i'd all but given up on braid-outs for my hair mainly because of the ends. I will be trying this with individual braids.

So you're using two pieces of scarf and one piece of your hair?

Tickin4Gold

Ok, checked out your vids and wow what a great idea!!! Your results are so beautiful! I'm definitely gonna try this since i'd all but given up on braid-outs for my hair mainly because of the ends. I will be trying this with individual braids.

So you're using two pieces of scarf and one piece of your hair?

Thanks btw.
Yes. I am braiding my hair with the 2 ends of the 1 scarf and my hair makes the 3rd piece of the braid.

But just to clarify, it is only 1 piece of scarf per braid.

(I don't know if you saw this one) In this video at around 0:40 mins you see how I pull the piece of scarf under the section I am going to braid and then start braiding.

simplyhair

I am actually cornrowing with the scarf and the hair mixed together. So yes, as I grab more hair, I am also including the scarf. However once I finish the cornrow and I am braiding this ends, I start to separate the hair from the scarf so I have 1 single hair section and 2 scarf sections.[/URL]

I gotcha!

Thanks

simplyhair

I am actually cornrowing with the scarf and the hair mixed together. So yes, as I grab more hair, I am also including the scarf. However once I finish the cornrow and I am braiding this ends, I start to separate the hair from the scarf so I have 1 single hair section and 2 scarf sections.

Ok, why do you separate the hair from the scarf? What do you think would happen if you continued to keep the hair with the scarf tails?

Off to rinse conditioner out my hair...be back in a few minutes :grin:

Tickin4Gold

Ok, why do you separate the hair from the scarf? What do you think would happen if you continued to keep the hair with the scarf tails?

Off to rinse conditioner out my hair...be back in a few minutes :grin:
Okay, What will happen is, it will get kinda messy. And you won't be able to braid all the way to the end of your hair. The point of the scarf is to have something to braid your hair with until it reaches the end of your hair.
It's kinda hard to explain, but I learned not to do that from experience. I suck at explaining.:nono:
When in doubt, try and see what happens.