MN USERS, and interested ladies support thread and recipes

Moisture2608

I just started using MN this morning. Here's my mix:

1 tube of MN (from Wal-Mart ~ the Equate brand; Family Dollar wasn't open yet!)
Sulfur 8
Coconut Oil
Doo Groo Growth Oil

I just put it on my scalp, but I have not felt any tingling! I've read on this thread that some ladies felt a tingling!?!?

Am I doing something wrong?

Platinum

Sulfur 8
Coconut Oil
Doo Groo Growth Oil

I just put it on my scalp, but I have not felt any tingling! I've read on this thread that some ladies felt a tingling!?!?

Your mix sounds pretty good. Some ladies use a little peppermint oil in their MN mix to get the tingling sensation. You're not doing anything wrong.

Mandy4610

I made my concoction last night

2% MN
BT
Sulfur 8
Coconut oil
Carrot oil
Jojoba oil
castor oil
ORS olive oil moisturizer

Aggie

Sulfur 8
Coconut Oil
Doo Groo Growth Oil

Try putting a few drops of essential oil in your mix for the extra stimulation.

Aggie

hey Aggie, no I am not. I am not very familiar with essential oils, where can I find?

They are sold by many merchants and health stores like GNC. They are also found on www.iherb.com, www.amazon.com, and www.vitacost.com. Simply put essential oil in the seach field and the page will come up. They are very strong and has to be used a few drops at a time in a carrier type oil like evoo, castor oil jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, and cit also can be added to shampoos and conditioners, etc for extra stimulations.

Mandy4610

They are sold by many merchants and health stores like GNC. They are also found on www.iherb.com, www.amazon.com, and www.vitacost.com. Simply put essential oil in the seach field and the page will come up. They are very strong and has to be used a few drops at a time in a carrier type oil like evoo, castor oil jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, and cit also can be added to shampoos and conditioners, etc for extra stimulations.
Thanks Aggie. I did some research and found out that Essential oils are not as oily as carrier oils, thats a good thing because I don't like it when my MN mix is too oily. I will get some. So the EO=stimulation=growth?

Aggie

Thanks Aggie. I did some research and found out that Essential oils are not as oily as carrier oils, thats a good thing because I don't like it when my MN mix is too oily. I will get some. So the EO=stimulation=growth?

Yes along with a lttle scalp massage.

rosie

Bumping to get answers...

For those who use their MN mix with water. DO you just dilute it into a spray bottle and mist your scalp?

1. How many tubes are you using in ratio to how much water?
  2. Is it the yeast infection (Monistat) kind or the jock itch (Neosporin AF) kind?
  3. Do you mix anything else besides the water and MN?
  4. Would some rosemary help with the absorption into the scalp? (my assumption here is that it would, because I see EOs mixed with the other non water based concoctions).
Thanks in advance for the answers.

Platinum

Rosie, I can't speak for everyone else about their mixes but I never measured mine. You can use either the Monistat or Neosporin AF.:yep:

monieluv

I AM SO EXCITED. I'VE BEEN APPLYING MY MN MIX WITH BRAIDS EVERYDAY AND NOW I HAVE ABOUT .5" OF NG (GIVE OR TAKE IN SOME AREAS) I USUALLY GET THIS REGULARLY IN A MONTH. MY MIX IS MN, DOO GRO, CAPISUM, COCONUT OIL, & BB GROWTH OIL. I'VE HAD MY BRAIDS IN FOR TWO WEEKS AND THEY ALREADY LOOKS LIKE I NEED THEM TO BE REDONE. MN REALLY WORKS (ALONG WITH OTHER INGREDIENTS OF COURSE) I AM SO HAPPY :grin::grin::grin:

Aggie

I AM SO EXCITED. I'VE BEEN APPLYING MY MN MIX WITH BRAIDS EVERYDAY AND NOW I HAVE ABOUT .5" OF NG (GIVE OR TAKE IN SOME AREAS) I USUALLY GET THIS REGULARLY IN A MONTH. MY MIX IS MN, DOO GRO, CAPISUM, COCONUT OIL, & BB GROWTH OIL. I'VE HAD MY BRAIDS IN FOR TWO WEEKS AND THEY ALREADY LOOKS LIKE I NEED THEM TO BE REDONE. MN REALLY WORKS (ALONG WITH OTHER INGREDIENTS OF COURSE) I AM SO HAPPY :grin::grin::grin:

Congratulations Monieluv on your progress with MN so far.

Tamrin

unapologetic
For the ones looking to make a good moisturize and still use their MN. I found something good. SO told me today his co worker's has a serious dandruff issue and dry hair. Since MN has helped me to get rid of it and get great growth, SO told him how I made stuff for him got rid of his dandruff. (yes Ladies SO is my lab rat he does not mind). So I decided to whip up something good for his co-worker.

Mango butter 3 table spoons
Shea butter 2 table spoons
Avocado butter 1 table spoon
Coconut oil- 1 Tbsp
Jojoba oil 1 teaspoon
sweet Almond oil 1/2 a teaspoon
Glycerine 2 Tbsp
SAA 10 drops
Favorite EO to taste
FD MN 1/2 a tube

Whip until fluffy using mixer. You can use a fork but its a lot of work.
Enjoy ladies.

TwistNMx

Yeah, congrats. It only gets better from here. I'm very pleased also. :yep:

lurkersincejan

ladies I need some help, I normally use MN right out of the tube but wanted to add something for moisture so I have added coconut oil and Doo grow growth oil. I used less than an oz of coconut oil half a tube of MN and about 2 oz of doo grow. I put it in the applicator bottle,shook it up and started applying, what i have noticed was that all the oil came out and MN seems to have stayed at the bottom because it was not thin enough I guess. I need a remedy for this because thats a waste for 1 day when my tube normally last a couple weeks straight out the tube :nono:. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it.

yodie

This happens to me to.

I put my finger over the tip of the applicator bottle & either shake it up until its all mixed together or I hold my mixture upside down with my finger over the tip.

After, I do a test squirt until I see the mn coming out of the tip.

Then I apply.
Hope this helps.
ladies I need some help, I normally use MN right out of the tube but wanted to add something for moisture so I have added coconut oil and Doo grow growth oil. I used less than an oz of coconut oil half a tube of MN and about 2 oz of doo grow. I put it in the applicator bottle,shook it up and started applying, what i have noticed was that all the oil came out and MN seems to have stayed at the bottom because it was not thin enough I guess. I need a remedy for this because thats a waste for 1 day when my tube normally last a couple weeks straight out the tube :nono:. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it.

lurkersincejan

Thanks I'll have to try it again, maybe i put too much mn. Thanks again, also how much do you put? enough for one application or more?

yodie

I don't have any recipes for my mn mix. usually I put 2 tubes in my applicator bottle and put some oil in the bottle.

Decided to start applying straight from the tube again.
Thanks I'll have to try it again, maybe i put too much mn. Thanks again, also how much do you put? enough for one application or more?

lurkersincejan

I don't have any recipes for my mn mix. usually I put 2 tubes in my applicator bottle and put some oil in the bottle.

Decided to start applying straight from the tube again.

Yea I may be doing the same thing and just add the doo grow and coconut together. The tube will last longer

yodie

Miconozole Nitrate, a.k.a yeast infection or athletes foot cream. (Monistat or Neosporin AF)

4mia

hey ladies mn as a acne or to clear your face treatment works great also. if i break out i just put some or hydrocotozine cream on it at night by the am its shrunk