MN USERS, and interested ladies support thread and recipes

mezzogirl

Does anyone know of any adverse affects of using MN after a lye relaxer? I relaxed my hair today and want to put my MN in tonight. Experienced MNers what do you think?

joib

Hi Ladies, I'm not officially in the challenge ( waited too late) but want to tell you that my hair has grown 5 inches in 7 months from using MN. I cut it in Dec (back to bsl) and started using my MN mixture in Jan. As of july, it is past mbl speeding to wl. I won't claim wl until all of the hairs make it to the finish line:grin:. I took of a couple of weeks off to use MT-yes I jumped on that bandwagon to. I hope to get goood growth with MT, if not back to my good ole MN. I mix my MN with Profective Growth Lotion (for the smell only) and castor oil. Thanks for the good info on this thread:grin:. Sorry i don't have pics. All I have is my mesuring tee-shirt. I have starting pics now. Oh, my pic in my profile is about bsl the one with the blue "70's" shirt and the other one is a current prepoo.

Aggie

Hi Ladies, I'm not officially in the challenge ( waited too late) but want to tell you that my hair has grown 5 inches in 7 months from using MN. I cut it in Dec (back to bsl) and started using my MN mixture in Jan. As of july, it is past mbl speeding to wl. I won't claim wl until all of the hairs make it to the finish line:grin:. I took of a couple of weeks off to use MT-yes I jumped on that bandwagon to. I hope to get goood growth with MT, if not back to my good ole MN. I mix my MN with Profective Growth Lotion (for the smell only) and castor oil. Thanks for the good info on this thread:grin:. Sorry i don't have pics. All I have is my mesuring tee-shirt. I have starting pics now. Oh, my pic in my profile is about bsl the one with the blue "70's" shirt and the other one is a current prepoo.

Congratulations joib.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Congrats,Joib! Happy Hair Growing....I'm trying to catch up with ya'!:grin:

MissKim

I had to make a slight change to my recipe because I have had a hard time finding the Elasta QP Mango Butter :sad:. I'm going to stalk a few more Walgreens to see if I can find it. I've added a few drops of Grapeseed Oil and Avocado Oil to my mix. So this is my staple MN mix and if I can't find the Mango Butter I'll add another moisturizer like Motions.

I've even got my using MN. I mixed some for her and she was shocked at the growth she got.

Wow MissKim, this mix sounds really great. I definitely like the SAA addition. Keep us updated on how it works for you.

MA2010

I apoligize I am new to this website but what is MN?

Hello KayJay,

MN is miconazole nitrate. It's the common ingredient found in yeast infection treatment creams. A popular/ familiar name is Monistat 7. :yep:

We use it here as a topical scalp treatment to promote. boost hair growth!

HTH!:grin:

natieya

This thread is awesome. I just want to point out that this method and ayurveda methods are the reason my dandruff finally left. My scalp is finally happy.

Question: Would it be ok to continue using MN with ayurveda methods?

Thanks fam. :)

mistee11

I'm still using my MN mixture -- it's a lot oilier now because of the heat and humidity we've been experiencing lately (although it's cooled off quite a bit today -- Thank goodness! I'm finding it a little more challenging to apply the MN with my new sew-in. I have to really try and dig in between the tight rows of hair to apply but I make it work! I won't be able to see how much my hair is growing until I take it out probably some time in Oct.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Hi!

Well, Before bed, I oil my scalp with a mixture of Doo Gro Medicated Hair Vitalizer (ingredients: Petrolatum, Microcrystalline Wax, Sulfur, Menthol, Frangrance, Vitamine A, Vitamine E, Vitamin D, Cherry Bark, Hops, Horsetail Plant Extract, Soap Bark Extract, Safflower Oil, Certified Color) and miconazole nitrate(MN).

1 tube MN and
1 4 oz. jar Doo Gro
Makes 6 1/2 oz. total, and spreads well so you don't use a lot.

It makes it a creamy consiency, and easy to use. Initially it is a lil oily, but overnight my hair soaks it in and I am fine in the morning. I started using Mega Tek Cell Rebuilder on August 25, 2008 I mix my MT with Dove Daily Moisture Therapy leave-in spray, Vitamin E Oil, Silk Amino Acids (SAA), Ion Daily Leave Conditioner, and Isoplus Braids Locks and Twist Oil. I have corn row braids in my hair, so I spray the mixture on my hair and scalp 1-2 times a day. Right now I am grazing shoulder length, and I am pushing to keep my hair braided with retouches until December when I hope to have gained another 3" putting me at fulll shoulder length. My next goal wil be to grow healthy hair (while in braids still) to arm-pit length by April-June, 2009, and full bra-strap length by December of 2009.

Happy Growing! Let's go get hair down to our butts!!!!:grin:

Last edited:

Aggie

Hi!

Well, Before bed, I oil my scalp with a mixture of Doo Gro Medicated Hair Vitalizer (ingredients: Petrolatum, Microcrystalline Wax, Sulfur, Menthol, Frangrance, Vitamine A, Vitamine E, Vitamin D, Cherry Bark, Hops, Horsetail Plant Extract, Soap Bark Extract, Safflower Oil, Certified Color) and miconazole nitrate(MN).

1 tube MN and
1 4 oz. jar Doo Gro

It makes it a creamy consiency, and easy to use. Initially it is a lil oily, but overnight my hair soaks it in and I am fine in the morning. I started using Mega Tek Cell Rebuilder on August 25, 2008 I mix my MT with Dove Daily Moisture Therapy leave-in spray, Vitamin E Oil, Silk Amino Acids (SAA), Ion Daily Leave Conditioner, and Isoplus Braids Locks and Twist Oil. I have corn row braids in my hair, so I spray the mixture on my hair and scalp 1-2 times a day. Right now I am grazing shoulder length, and I am pushing to keep my hair braided with retouches until December when I hope to have gained another 3" putting me at fulll shoulder length. My next goal wil be to grow healthy hair (while in braids still) to arm-pit length by April-June, 2009, and full bra-strap length by December of 2009.

This is a nice mix you have here hon but I want you to make sure you do at least one deep conditioning treatment a week even though you are in braids to counteract the protein in the MT, okay?

Aggie

This thread is awesome. I just want to point out that this method and ayurveda methods are the reason my dandruff finally left. My scalp is finally happy.

Question: Would it be ok to continue using MN with ayurveda methods?

Thanks fam. :)
:hiya: Natieya, I used Mn and ayurveda together and still do occasionally with good success. I have some MN mixed in one of my MT concoction as well. I agree, since using MN and ayurveda, I have no flare ups of dandruff anymore. Happy growing honey.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

This is a nice mix you have here hon but I want you to make sure you do at least one deep conditioning treatment a week even though you are in braids to counteract the protein in the MT, okay?

I will, Aggie :yep:. Since i am in cornrows, should I dilute the conditioner? spray it in? What would you suggest?

Aggie

I will, Aggie :yep:. Since i am in cornrows, should I dilute the conditioner? spray it in? What would you suggest?

Yes love, you'd want to dilute the conditioner in some filtered water first, (but not too much water - I'd say about 1.5 oz - 2 oz of conditioner to 6 oz of water should suffice) put the mixture in a color applicator bottle.

Next, put a stocking cap over your braids,

then squeeze the diluted conditioner right over the cap into your braids,

gently massage it in a little all the way to where your natural hair ends,

keep on for 30 minutes with a plastic cap,

remove plastic cap and stocking,

then let shower water gently wash out the conditioner, but at this point do not aggitate the braided hair because it will come out too frizzy.

Hope this helps.

ETA: by the way, you can wash your hair this way too or you can sponge wash it the Crown & Glory way as suggested by Robin on www.growafrohairlong.com.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Yes love, you'd want to dilute the conditioner in some filtered water first, (but not too much water - I'd say about 1.5 oz - 2 oz of conditioner to 6 oz of water should suffice) put the mixture in a color applicator bottle.

Next, put a stocking cap over your braids,

then squeeze the diluted conditioner right over the cap into your braids,

gently massage it in a little all the way to where your natural hair ends,

keep on for 30 minutes with a plastic cap,

remove plastic cap and stocking,

then let shower water gently wash out the conditioner, but at this point do not aggitate the braided hair because it will come out too frizzy.

Hope this helps.

ETA: by the way, you can wash your hair this way too or you can sponge wash it the Crown & Glory way as suggested by Robin on www.growafrohairlong.com.

Thanks Aggie!!

OKAY, i mad a mn mix today it consists of:

Hollywoods Olive Oil Creme'
3 Tubes of MN 2% (1 oz)
Africas Best Ultimate Herbal Oil
Tea Tree Oil
Coconut Oil
EVOO
Water

...I plan to apply this to my scalp underneath my sew in every other day or every 2 days.

Aggie

I just applied my MN mix a few minutes ago. I just started using it again about a couple of weeks or 3 ago. I will use it for about 6 months this time - no breaks, then measure my progress with it, then resume another 6 months.

Mizkajun

Hi there! what is MN and BT?

I have finally put my mix together:

MN
BT
Gro Aut oil
Emu Oil
Rosemary EO
Peppermint EO
Coconut Oil
Profectiv growth Lotion
100% Aloe Vera gel

Don't laugh, but I only used 1 tsp of the MN....too afraid to get headaches. I figure a little is better than nothing at all. My mix has lots of good stuff if in it so hopefully I will get some good growth. I think it will be good for me to slowly build up on the MN. I MN every other night, and alternate every other night "grease" my scalp w/ my pretend OCT mixture.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Hi!

1 tube MN and
1 4 oz. jar Doo Gro

ETA: UPDATE: 9/2009
:lachen: at my NEWBIE high hair hopes! Made SL in May, 2009...hoping for APL in December 2009, but realistically it'll probably closer to March/April, 2010. Just started using MN mixture again in August, 09, and will be continuing to use it until APL hair goal is reached, if not permanently. It definitely helps with growth, and I love how it makes my dry scalp issues vanish, and that is worth it's weight in gold all by itself! Also will be adding OCT back to my reggie as soon as finances allow. Avatar is current length.

Platinum

I'm gonna start back using MN again. Out of all the growth aids I've used, I got the best results with MN. I don't know why I stopped using it. :ohwell:

supermodelsonya

Bumping...

Stayed away from MN because of headaches within a day or two of using.

Mixed with jojoba oil recently and no more headaches...hmmm

So then I mixed a new batch with ORS Hair fertilizer.

So far, I've got the itchies and a bit of a sore scalp. I use my mix about 3-4X a week and wash my hair 1-2X a week.

Hopefully I'll get some growth.

To those that use MN, have you experienced reversion with your mix?