What is MN and how is it used!

mrshicks2002

I just thought I would make this for everyone that cant find what they are looking for regarding MN when trying to search and if you see that its something that I might have left out, could you please add.
Thanks!

What is MN-Miconazole nitrate
MN can be found in Monistat, any generic monistat 2% or 4%, and Neosporin AF.

Miconazole nitrate is one kind of a synthetic antifungal. It inhibits the growth of common dermatophytes and is generally suggested for the treatment of certain fungal infections of mucus membranes in the body. In other words it is a good cream that is used against fungus. All nitrates are good oxidizing agents. Hence miconazole nitrate hair growth includes the procedure of providing oxygen for the hair when used in the process of hair restoration and hair growth. Monistat is a famous miconazole nitrate that has been used as a perfect cure for yeast infection on vagina. However it is only very recently that miconazole can be applied for hair as it helps hair growth.

(MN can be used alone or mixed.)

MN can be mixed with essentail oils, carrier oils, and other hair products.

Some Carrier Oils are
Castor oil
Olive Oil
Coconut Oil
Amla Oil
Carrot Oil
Grapeseed Oil
Jojoba Oil

Some Essential oils are
Orange oil-To mass smell of strong oils.
Rosemary oil
Peppermint oil
Thyme oil
Cedarwood oil
Lavendar oil
Tea Tree Oil

Other things that some are adding to MN are
1. Sulfur8 grease
2. Glycerin
3. Carrot Creme
4. Flowers of Sulphur
5.ORS fertilizing Balm​

PanamasOwn

thanks for this..I just bought some Hemp oil mixed with rosemary and I was planning to mix it with MN.... Cant wait to try it

dreysonsmommy2011

This stuff works! Not to long ago I posted that I finally reached APL...well today I measured my hair and I will be BSL before I know it. I now mix mine with a little O24(thanks Mrshicks for suggesting mixing with oils). I can't wait til Oct. when I post my updates. Ladies don't sleep on this stuff:grin:

mrshicks2002

This stuff works! Not to long ago I posted that I finally reached APL...well today I measured my hair and I will be BSL before I know it. I now mix mine with a little O24(thanks Mrshicks for suggesting mixing with oils). I can't wait til Oct. when I post my updates. Ladies don't sleep on this stuff:grin:

Girl you are very very welcome and it seems to me that it last alot longer when its mixed with oils. I cant wait till october either to see your updates because I know you will be bsl or a very close to it with using MN. Girl dont we just love it.:yep:

Mecca_Goddess

So how often am I supposed to use it and does it have to be mixed with an oil?

I do not think that it is a requirement that it is mixed with oil.... i believe you simply reap the benfits of both the MN and the oils.... However mixing it does make it last longer as well...

Maybe someone who knows a bit more than I do can chime in... HTH

mrshicks2002

So how often am I supposed to use it and does it have to be mixed with an oil?

Some use it everyday or everyother day.
I personally use it everyother day now because when I used it everyday the first time my hair would get very oily, but I gained some great thickness in only two weeks.:yep: You can check my fotki out and take a peek.

Its does not have to mixed with anytime, but I have known some that use it straight might experience headaches. I love mixing mine with essential oils that are good for hair growth as well.

MoeB424

Wow headaches... sounds scary... so since it sounds like it's better to be mixed with something how will I know if i'm using enough of it?

Brandi

Big thanks for the information on MN! I was just reading all the threads on this subject and I think I'll give it a try. Have you heard of any bad side effects from using MN like headaches, dry scalp etc. Is this why some folks chose to mix with an oil????? I'm thinking of mixing it with Sulfur 8.

Pls. advise ladies!!!!

NYAmicas

Seeker
Your very welcome and keep us updated.

Ok, I havent been that consistent with my MN and Im running out but I have noticed new grownth coming in thicker and seemingly sooner. Im trying to grow my eyebrows back and I put the MN in it (yes, Im fearless:drunk:) and it also seems to have worked. I need to purchase more MN and be more consistent to really know if its actually working.
I also mixed it with my shea butter oil which gives it a nice scent.

Miss*Tress

How miconazole nitrate helps to stimulate hair growth
Miconazole nitrate grows and thickens hair. It's part of a chemical family known as Imidazoles. Ketoconazole (Nizoral) is its chemical cousin. Ditto for Diflucan (Fluconazole) and Sporanox (Itraconazole). Allylamines also possess this property. Terbinafine (Lamisil) is in the allylamine family and has been clinically proven to acelerate hair growth and thicken hair strands.

Apparently Azoles and allylamines all induce rapid hair growth and will wake up dormant follicles from their resting phase. Many studies also show them to help people who are going bald get their hair back.

*ANY* of the Imidazoles and allylamines will accelerate hair growth - not just Miconazole. Shampoos with Nizoral have been marketed to balding men for years.

Source from another forum (which was inspired by LHCF by the way)

Miss*Tress

How miconazole nitrate improves scalp and hair health
Dermatophytes are a unique group of fungi that are capable of infecting nonviable keratinized cutaneous epithelium including stratum corneum, nails, and hair. Dermatophytic genera include Trichophyton, Microsporum, and Epidermophyton. The term dermatophytosis thus denotes a condition caused by dermatophytes. It can be further specified according to the tissue mainly involved: epidermomycosis (epidermal dermatophytosis), trichomycosis (dermatophytosis of hair and hair follicles), or onychomycosis (dermatophytosis of the nail apparatus). The term tinea should be reserved for dermatophytoses and is modified according to the anatomic site of infection, e.g., tinea pedis. "Tinea" versicolor is better called pityriasis versicolor in that it is caused by Pityrosporum yeast and not dermatophytes.

Causes of Dermatophytoses

Dermatophytes synthesize keratinases that digest keratin and sustain existence of fungi in keratinized structures [me: Read - they create a substance that EATS your hair for dinner]. Cell-mediated immunity and antimicrobial activity of polymorphonuclear leukocytes restrict dermatophyte pathogenicity.
  • Host factors that facilitate dermatophyte infections: atopy, topical and systemic glucocorticoids, ichthyosis, collagen vascular disease
  • Local factors favoring dermatophyte infection: sweating, occlusion, occupational exposure, geographic location, high humidity (tropical or semitropical climates)
The clinical presentation of dermatophytoses depends on several factors: site of infection, immunologic response of the host, species of fungus. Dermatophytes (e.g., T. rubrum) that initiate little inflammatory response are better able to establish chronic infection. Organisms such as M.canis cause an acute infection associated with a brisk inflammatory response and spontaneous resolution. In some individuals, infection can involve the dermis, as in kerion and Majocchi's granuloma.
Treatment

Topical antifungal preparations

These preparations may be effective for treatment of dermatophytoses of skin but not for those of hair or nails. Preparation is applied bid to involved area optimally for 4 weeks including at least 1 week after lesions have cleared. Apply at least 3 cm beyond advancing margin of lesion. These topical agents are comparable. Differentiated by cost, base, vehicle, and antifungal activity.
  • Imidazoles Clotrimazole (Lotrimin, Mycelex), Miconazole (Micatin), Ketoconazole (Nizoral), Econazole (Spectazole), Oxiconizole (Oxistat), Sulconizole (Exelderm)
  • Allylamines Naftifine (Naftin), Terbinafine (Lamisil)
See source for more information.

aloof one

What do you ladies think about Clotrimazole?
It is basically a weaker version of Miconazole Nitrate.

I had some for a ringworm I got last year and then I bought some more because a friend of mine had some crusty athlete's foot I was desperate to be rid of..(were no longer friends because he didn't use it). I have two tubes of this stuff, and I want to know if anyone uses this as well as MN or to substitute it. Im sure it would have some sort of results, since its also used for the same thing (but supposedly not as effective)...

Pretvl323

It seems like the MN can be found in many anti fungal products like athlete's foot powders, jock itch powders, etc. I saw a large bottle of athlete's foot powder on sale with 2% MN. Do y'all think I can buy that and mix it with BT to make like a thicker oil and then apply?

Pretvl323

It seems like the MN can be found in many anti fungal products like athlete's foot powders, jock itch powders, etc. I saw a large bottle of athlete's foot powder on sale with 2% MN. Do y'all think I can buy that and mix it with BT to make like a thicker oil and then apply?

BUMPING...