MN USERS, and interested ladies support thread and recipes

I do not have much progress to post..not yet..but give me until june...That is my personal goal... To be honest i not that computer savy.. I use this stuff every night and I hang my head from the side of my bed and massage my scalp for 5 mins...I know that sound crazy but I want long hair too:look:

I do not have much progress to post..not yet..but give me until june...That is my personal goal... To be honest i not that computer savy.. I use this stuff every night and I hang my head from the side of my bed and massage my scalp for 5 mins...I know that sound crazy but I want long hair too:look:

That's a good idea:yep:. I want long hair too.

Incredible results. Your hair grew really fast. That is a great idea. I would love to know how mn works vs the OCT. I have managed to simpilfy my regimen and products, but when it comes to growth aides I still remain wreckless:look:. I have been resisting the urge to buy the OCT/Mega, but nt sure how much longer I can hold out.

Thanks SelfStyled. ITA witht he fight with the hair growth regimen. I'm trying different things for a period of time just to see how my hair responds to each of them and whichever one shows the most growth, that's the one I'm sticking with. But give the OCT/Mega-Tek a try too for a fair comparison.

Ok I :love: it! i just seen on the lhc a thread about mn, ya'll a girl has pics she grew [size=+2] 5+ inches in 6 months [/size]
using equate mn, diluted in water! Plus all ya'll growing, shoot im on it........ :love: waistlength here i come!

Thanks! I didn't want to add too much to the mix just in case the more you add the less the MN works. Not to toot my own horn but my mix has a very pleasant scent. I think I'm going to stick with this recipe for a while. I added the SAA to: Lacio Lacio, Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave In Conditioner, and Elin Lavar TherMist.

Wow MissKim, this mix sounds really great. I definitely like the SAA addition. Keep us updated on how it works for you.

Thanks! I didn't want to add too much to the mix just in case the more you add the less the MN works. Not to toot my own horn but my mix has a very pleasant scent. I think I'm going to stick with this recipe for a while. I added the SAA to: Lacio Lacio, Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave In Conditioner, and Elin Lavar TherMist.
Where do you buy SAA?
TIA

I don't have a recipe as I am applying it straight from the tube like grease to my scalp. I have just completed one week of applying 5days straight and massaged my scalp; on the other 2 nights I applied to my edges and bald temples. I have a 1/4 inch of NG but most exciting is my pesky seboric deramatitis that plagued me for years not matter what I did have disappeared. Actually I felt like the NG started coming in around day 3 0r 4 but I keep saying my mind was playing tricks on me.

:grin:i want to try mn butttt i hve a few questions...

how long did u try ur mn mix b4 u saw results?(week.. month..etc)

how do u apply it and wat brand would u recommend?

do u kno of any effects down the road if you stop the mn mix? (like minioxidl if u stop it the hairs grown from usin it will fall out)

i have thin edges that i am tryin to grow out and thick... any mn success stories from usin mn on the edges? this is my main concern/question

thanks

Hi Aussie! I saw results in about 10 days (it may have been less than that). A lot of people use Family Dollar brand (it's about $5.00 a tube). I've used the 4% Equate brand (Walmart), it's about $8.00. Some people have reported headaches from using MN straight. This is one of the reasons why some choose to mix theirs. Other than possible headaches, I haven't heard anything else about side effects. Hope this helps!

I don't have a recipe as I am applying it straight from the tube like grease to my scalp. I have just completed one week of applying 5days straight and massaged my scalp; on the other 2 nights I applied to my edges and bald temples. I have a 1/4 inch of NG but most exciting is my pesky seboric deramatitis that plagued me for years not matter what I did have disappeared. Actually I felt like the NG started coming in around day 3 0r 4 but I keep saying my mind was playing tricks on me.
This was the best thing that happened to me also. I am happy about growing my hair of course, but to finally part my hair and not worry about the itchy, flaky white gunk....priceless.:grin:

Last edited:
I just retouched my hair colour - I estimated that I wouldn't have to do it till June however the new growth was over 2inches (since end of January)... I put this down to my MN mix and daily cw/ rinsing - cause I haven't been consistent with anything else.... I have just incorporated Megatek in my regimen so APL this year is looking a reality!!:grin:

Mandy, I added SAA to my leave in conditioners as well as my thermal protectant. My friend is a member of this forum too and she added a few drops of SAA and castor oil (I think she said castor oil) to her mascara.

I have been applying SAA and Vitamin E oil to my eyelashes with an old mascara brush that I cleaned off. I apply it at night. My lashes are looking a lot fuller.
Thank you so much. I will be ordering.

OT: what else can I use SAA for?

MissKim, where can i found/purchase SAA and what does SAA stands for. Lastly, can i use this mix on my eyebrows as well?

TIA!

MissKim, where can i found/purchase SAA and what does SAA stands for. Lastly, can i use this mix on my eyebrows as well?

TIA!
SAA is silk amino acids that can be purchased from www.lotioncrafter.com. It is versatile enough to be added to relaxers as well for all those who relax their hair. You can drop one or 2 caps full of it in your next relaxer as it helps to strengthen the bonds in the cuticle throughout the relaxer process.

do u kno of any effects down the road if you stop the mn mix? (like minioxidl if u stop it the hairs grown from usin it will fall out)

i have thin edges that i am tryin to grow out and thick... any mn success stories from usin mn on the edges? this is my main concern/question

thanks

BUMPIN FOR MORE REPLIES:wallbash:

thanks

realistically for me, it took 6-8 weeks to start seeing marked results. I use the Fougera MN that I purchase from amazon.com (can get 3 for under $7.00).

I had thin edges but I bought the ORS fertilizing serum and added MN and a few drops (about 8 drops) rosemary essential oil to it, mixed and applied to my edges nightly and massaged for 5 minutes each rime. My edges were back in a less than 6 weeks.
I made a mixture of several carrier oils, essential oils, some sulfur 8 grease and some kind of moisturizer and applied directly to my scalp using a color applicator bottle.

I have not experienced any hair falling out from using MN.

By the way, all this information is already posted all through this thread, for more info, you may need to take your time and slowly read through it, okay?

Yes I use castor oil and SAA in my CLEAR mascara only. I use SAA in my regular mascara. I put the clear mascara on on days when I'm not wearing makeup. Otherwise, at night I dip an old mascara brush into my SAA and apply to lashes.

The castor oil will thicken them up, the SAA helps them grow. I have noticed a difference in my lashes. There is info on these boards about it.

ARR

Mandy, I added SAA to my leave in conditioners as well as my thermal protectant. My friend is a member of this forum too and she added a few drops of SAA and castor oil (I think she said castor oil) to her mascara.

I have been applying SAA and Vitamin E oil to my eyelashes with an old mascara brush that I cleaned off. I apply it at night. My lashes are looking a lot fuller.

thanks

Hi Aussie

I see results within 2 weeks. I have been using MN for the past few months. I use the Family Dollar Brand. I have not had any adverse effects. I had a bald spot and its completely filled in with now 2.5 inches of hair maybe more in it. And as of today (yes I updated my fotki I was so excited about taking off my twists could not wait till next month), I think Im even closer to my full APL dream. When Im in twists I make an MN Spray and when Im out ouf twists I make a MN Moisturizer and sulfur mix with rosemary EO. Im one person who swears by it.

Ladies, how much growth have you all attained? I've been using this on and off for about a month...i ditched this for megatek, but mt caused shedding, and i'm not trying to go there...so i've mixed mn with sulfur 8 and hydrocortisone and have been applying nightly...the tingle is addictive...my ng is thick and kinda crunchy...do you think saa will smooth n soften it? no denying the growth properties, though..i was discouraged at first because i only mixed mn hydrocortisone...major shedding..any pictures, ladies?

I need bsl before August 08...i'm grazing apl...

I'm new to the whole idea of MN and not quite sure how it works. Do you wash it out after 30 min or an hour of having it in? Or is it a scalp moisturizer that you keep in and apply several times weekly?

I'm new to the whole idea of MN and not quite sure how it works. Do you wash it out after 30 min or an hour of having it in? Or is it a scalp moisturizer that you keep in and apply several times weekly?

Hey,

Most of the ladies use MN as a moisterizer and apply daily or every other day. Hope this helps!:yep:

Back