Here is my MN mix AGAIN

Mandy4610

I told my husband about MN and hair grow. He was like "babe, do not believe everything you hear". So today we went to the store and I said I needed to buy some MN and he's like "You are not gonna put that stuff in your hair are you?" and I am like "Nooooo........of course not.......I have a yeast infection:yep:....thats what I need it for....:yep:." He is seriously scared of the thought of vaginal cream in my hair...He's like " I have to kiss that head". So for now.... we will just say... I have a yeast infection.:lachen::lachen:

iaec06

I told my husband about MN and hair grow. He was like "babe, do not believe everything you hear". So today we went to the store and I said I needed to buy some MN and he's like "You are not gonna put that stuff in your hair are you?" and I am like "Nooooo........of course not.......I have a yeast infection:yep:....thats what I need it for....:yep:." He is seriously scared of the thought of vaginal cream in my hair...He's like " I have to kiss that head". So for now.... we will just say... I have a yeast infection.:lachen::lachen:
girl you are killing me my hubby is way too happy for the growth that I am getting he don't care anymore .. he was like wow I can't believe that cooty cream is doing that :grin:. BUT BELIEVE ME HE WILL NOT TELL ANY OF HIS FRIENDS THAT

TwistNMx

here are some people that sre very inspiring when it comes to using MN for growth .
http://public.fotki.com/KeddaMonkey/2-years-and-beyond/my-journey-to-bsl-m/

http://public.fotki.com/mrshicks2002/mn-progress/14daysafterusingmnmix.html

ladies feel free to post other inspiring pics of people that have MN growth pics

Thank you for sharing those pictures.:yep:
It funny because I changed my formulation to:
Sulfur 8
10 drops Rosemary
10 drops peppermint
and MN.
The other stuff was too "gooky" (for lack of a better word). Gave too much buildup and made my hair stiff.
Personally though, I like this and hope to see results.
Thanks for sharing your progress...again. :yep:

Last edited:

Luvableboo

Did my mix altered a few oils for others.... it turned out so creamy..... and it makes my scalp tingle....:lachen::lachen: so nice... keep you all posted....

Aggie

]Hi ladies I have recieved dozens of pms wanting to know my exact measurements in my MN mix; therefore I decided to make a thread so that if I continue to get them I can easily send this link ok here goes

2 tubes Family dollar Brand MN $5.00
1/2 jar sulfur 8 grease
1/2 bottle bb moisterizing lotion
20 drops each rosemary and peppermint essential oil
3oz coconut oil
3oz castor oil
other oils I add are as follows
1oz shea butter oil $.99
1oz tea tree oil ^
1oz olive oil ^
1oz grape seed oil ^
and I also add a generic oil called africas best oil

this recipes makes about 4 8 oz bottles which last me a long time so when I get pms this is the only recipe I go by therefore you will have to decide your own proportions for a smaller batch ok.
Also I feel that as long as you have the MN, SULFUR, ESSENTIAL OILS, CARRIER OILS AND SOME TYPE OF MOISTERIZER .. IT SHOULD WORK
I just liek to make a whole lot because the sulfur 8 grease needs to be whipped really good and the coconut oil melted and I don't which to do this very often .

I add this mixture to my scalp evry 2 days at night
and wash every week ( now ) .. I clarify once per month ..
IF you have any questions about my mix feel free to use this thread to ask them . thanks ladies

also here is the link to my MN updates is you want to see results

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=158917
and the pic in my siggy aree my latest November updates

Tasha, check out my siggy. I had a tiny trim about 3 weeks ago but the length is back plus I have an extra 1/2 an inch. When I started using my mn on November 11th, 2007, my hair length was 11 and 3/4 inches long. Today December 13th, it is now 12 and 3/4 inches long. That's 1 inch in 1 month. YAY!!!

BTW, how often do you trim. I don't want to trim again until I reach my next hair goal of Full APL which I plan to have by March, 2008. If I'm past it that would be great because I'll get it trimmed then anyway. Thanks for all your help honey.

Aggie

ChikaChika

I would love to try this but I live in the UK and we don't have monistat. Does anyone know of a UK product that contains the MN? TIA!

Aggie

I would love to try this but I live in the UK and we don't have monistat. Does anyone know of a UK product that contains the MN? TIA!

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, I think someone on the board from the UK said they used something called Daktarin and is having good hair gorwth with it.

ChikaChika

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, I think someone on the board from the UK said they used something called Daktarin and is having good hair gorwth with it.

Thank you so much - daktarin is athletes foot cream :) I can't wait to make up this mixture :)

malibu4590

How big are the bottles everyone has used? I purchased a 4oz bottle and think I'd over do it if I used an entire tub of MN in there. I'll probably use a half tube of MN when I make my mixture this weekend.

mrshicks2002

Tasha, check out my siggy. I had a tiny trim about 3 weeks ago but the length is back plus I have an extra 1/2 an inch. When I started using my mn on November 11th, 2007, my hair length was 11 and 3/4 inches long. Today December 13th, it is now 12 and 3/4 inches long. That's 1 inch in 1 month. YAY!!!

BTW, how often do you trim. I don't want to trim again until I reach my next hair goal of Full APL which I plan to have by March, 2008. If I'm past it that would be great because I'll get it trimmed then anyway. Thanks for all your help honey.

Aggie

Wow and WTG your hair is looking really good. I have been slacking. I am 6 weeks post and havent used my MN since 1 week post because I have been enjoying wearing my hair down, but now I am in braids as of yesterday and will not be realxing until the end of Jan, so its on with the MN again.:yep:

deola

I will definitely be doing this asap. I'm in braids till Aug 2008, so I hope to see lots of maaad growth at that time:grin:! By the way, OP, your results are just astounding!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Bumping. I also want to know:

How soon after a relaxer can you start using the MN mix?

I'd like to start soon after my relaxer.

Thanks, SP;)

dlove

I am all natural. Can I apply MN on the scalp only to a fresh hot comb/flatiron press? Do you think it will revert?

Kimberly

OP, your before and after pics are amazing. I can understand why people would be PMing you. Congrats on the awesome growth.

aziza

How big are the bottles everyone has used? I purchased a 4oz bottle and think I'd over do it if I used an entire tub of MN in there. I'll probably use a half tube of MN when I make my mixture this weekend.

I would like to know the answer too. I bought 2 tubes of Monistat, and each tube is 15g. 15g=0.5 oz.

dlove

Ok ladies,

Here are pictures of my progress. The first 3 pictures are from October 7th. The last two are from December 15th. Scroll down to the next post for the 6th December picture. I could only post 5 at a time.
Sooo, what do you honestly think?

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 61
  • oct073.jpg
    oct073.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 31
  • oct074.jpg
    oct074.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 28
  • dec071.jpg
    dec071.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 40
  • dec072.jpg
    dec072.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

dlove

I could only post 5 pictures at one time so here is the last December picture...
Do you think I should trim my ends?
My hair is straightened on all (October and December ) pictures to show the growth. I usually wear my hair in a TWA. I do not want a "professional" to come along and wack off all my new growth. What is the worse case senario If I decide not to trim my ends? Kathy Howse said we dont need to trim and that a split end is impossible move "up" the hair shaft.

Attachments

• dec073.jpg
    dec073.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

laketta

I am considering making my own formula of MN and sulfur 8 with jojoba oil but since i hate the smell of sulfur, i wanted to add a scented oil to the mix just to give it a nice smell. I found a site that sells scented oils and was considering adding a chocolate smell to the formula or a smell of soap to it and for the summer, a nice fruity smell to it. I am looking for opinions on this.

TrendySocialite

Thanks for the recipe. I now have a long list of products to pick up today. Right now I have a quick weave. I am seriously thinking of taking it out today...it's been in 2 weeks....that's about as long as i can stand before I start doing this....:wallbash:

I go to the salon tomorrow, and wanted to do a pre-poo before I go.

Question...I think I'm gonna start using the coconut-lime mix to help stretch my relaxer. Any adverse reactions to this that anyone has experienced?

Thanks!