Here is my MN mix AGAIN

dlove

Thanks for the recipe. I now have a long list of products to pick up today. Right now I have a quick weave. I am seriously thinking of taking it out today...it's been in 2 weeks....that's about as long as i can stand before I start doing this....:wallbash:

I go to the salon tomorrow, and wanted to do a pre-poo before I go.

Question...I think I'm gonna start using the coconut-lime mix to help stretch my relaxer. Any adverse reactions to this that anyone has experienced?

Thanks!

Cconut milk and lime did nothing for my 4b hair.
You might want to consider doing a full fat yogurt and buttermilk mixture and let it sit for an hour. This really works for me and others. See the attached link:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=167391

mrshicks2002

Wow DLove you have made some nice progress with using MN. Dont we just gotta love it!:yep:

I could only post 5 pictures at one time so here is the last December picture...
Do you think I should trim my ends?
My hair is straightened on all (October and December ) pictures to show the growth. I usually wear my hair in a TWA. I do not want a "professional" to come along and wack off all my new growth. What is the worse case senario If I decide not to trim my ends? Kathy Howse said we dont need to trim and that a split end is impossible move "up" the hair shaft.

mrshicks2002

Laketta you can add orange or lemon essentail oil for a nice smell. I have used orange oil before to help calm down the smell since I use rosemary and it work really well.

I am considering making my own formula of MN and sulfur 8 with jojoba oil but since i hate the smell of sulfur, i wanted to add a scented oil to the mix just to give it a nice smell. I found a site that sells scented oils and was considering adding a chocolate smell to the formula or a smell of soap to it and for the summer, a nice fruity smell to it. I am looking for opinions on this.

dlove

Wow DLove you have made some nice progress with using MN. Dont we just gotta love it!:yep:

Thanks. I had to have my ends trimmed (12/21) and when I did... well... I cant see the growth anymore. I feel like I really needed the trim. As you can see my ends were very frizzy. I am on the 2008 Bootcamp challenge which means No heat for a year.
I hope to see more growth.

Sade'

I used mine too for the first time.

Pure Grapeseed Oil
Pure Melted Coconut Oil (microwave)
2% CVS Brand MN - 1 Tube

Sade'

Thanks. I had to have my ends trimmed (12/21) and when I did... well... I cant see the growth anymore. I feel like I really needed the trim. As you can see my ends were very frizzy. I am on the 2008 Bootcamp challenge which means No heat for a year.
I hope to see more growth.

Dlove this post is super long...I missed your progress pics, you mind sending them to me via PM?? Thanks!

foxieroxienyc

Ok so I had some extra MN laying around the house (yes I do have various feminine care needs for emergencies cause you never know), I had a tube of the pre-filled applicator ones from Rite Aid which contained 4% MN and a bit of the tube 2% MN that came with it. I decided to jump on the bandwagon and see what this is about since I likely wont be using this stuff any time soon.

So here's my mix, I decided to use my moisturizer because I dont want to put grease in my hair:

• 1 Tube of the MN 4% mixed in with half of the tube of the 2% MN
  • approx. 2 TBSP of Jamaican Mango and Lime Island Oil (contains Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Carrot Oil, Jojoba Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Ginko Nut Oil, and Olive Oil) - I love this oil, smells good too
  • approx. 2 TBSP of Elasta QP Mango Butter
I mixed it all up in a small container (empty make-up container purchased at Ricky's) and whipped it with a chop stick then a little bobby pin which really got it mixed up. It's creamy, not heavy, I put it on my scalp like I'm greasing it (lol I havent used those terms in ages). I'm on day 3 now, I use it sparingly because I can tell that if I use too much it may feel heavy. I massage it onto my scalp and usually bun up or if before bed, pin curl or tie down with a scarf and baggy my ends. I'm starting off with a little bit and will adjust if I dont see any results. So far, so good.

This is what my mix looks like. Is the sulfur etc really needed? Again I'm going off of less is more for right now, I hate to put heavy things on my scalp. I like this mixture so far, hopefully it wields the same results.

pistachio

Ok so I had some extra MN laying around the house (yes I do have various feminine care needs for emergencies cause you never know), I had a tube of the pre-filled applicator ones from Rite Aid which contained 4% MN and a bit of the tube 2% MN that came with it. I decided to jump on the bandwagon and see what this is about since I likely wont be using this stuff any time soon.

So here's my mix, I decided to use my moisturizer because I dont want to put grease in my hair:

• 1 Tube of the MN 4% mixed in with half of the tube of the 2% MN
  • approx. 2 TBSP of Jamaican Mango and Lime Island Oil (contains Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Carrot Oil, Jojoba Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Ginko Nut Oil, and Olive Oil) - I love this oil, smells good too
  • approx. 2 TBSP of Elasta QP Mango Butter
I mixed it all up in a small container (empty make-up container purchased at Ricky's) and whipped it with a chop stick then a little bobby pin which really got it mixed up. It's creamy, not heavy, I put it on my scalp like I'm greasing it (lol I havent used those terms in ages). I'm on day 3 now, I use it sparingly because I can tell that if I use too much it may feel heavy. I massage it onto my scalp and usually bun up or if before bed, pin curl or tie down with a scarf and baggy my ends. I'm starting off with a little bit and will adjust if I dont see any results. So far, so good.

This is what my mix looks like. Is the sulfur etc really needed? Again I'm going off of less is more for right now, I hate to put heavy things on my scalp. I like this mixture so far, hopefully it wields the same results.

No, I think the sulfur is just a bonus to be doubley-sure. Many are getting excellent growth from just the MN alone!! So I think you'll be fine without the sulfur. I added MN to my sulfur mixture because I was already getting 3/4" this past month with my sulfur mixture alone, when this time of year I only get 1/4", so by adding the 4% MN, I hope to get 1" in a month(which is quadruple my winter growth rate).

missnappylady

I made mine on Monday!! I added 2 tsp of sulphur but, I didn't add the Sulfur 8, Africa's Best or BB Lotion though. So, mine has a more liquid consistency.

Last edited:

Sade'

Ok ladies,

Here are pictures of my progress. The first 3 pictures are from October 7th. The last two are from December 15th. Scroll down to the next post for the 6th December picture. I could only post 5 at a time.
Sooo, what do you honestly think?

Found it! LOL I was searching like hell. Yeah you do have a lot of growth. Dag...keep that up! :yep:

GeorginaSparks

im going to go ahead and get that dollar store MN. Is the store called dollar general or is it another one and what color is the packaging? is it in a tube?

DaPPeR

NIBERIANGIRL
I need to start back on my MN..if I had been doin so since this time last year(when I first posted in this very thread) I know I would have been reachin APL :wallbash:

monieluv

i started back using mymn mix. i achieved good growth from it. i used 2 tbs of lenzi's request and 1 tube of mn. i'm alternating with that and my mega tek. i hope to achieve great growth with it.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Thanks... Think I'll try this recipe... love the progress of your hair from this mix... :yep:

Kinkyhairlady

Is MN not giving headaches anymore? I used it in the past and I got horrible headaches from it, so I really don't think it's safe to be putting on your scalp.