MN USERS, and interested ladies support thread and recipes

I'm new to the whole idea of MN and not quite sure how it works. Do you wash it out after 30 min or an hour of having it in? Or is it a scalp moisturizer that you keep in and apply several times weekly?

Most people use it on the scalp. You don't wash it out. I wouldn't advice putting it directly on your hair, some people say that it's dries out your hair. Also, you may need to try to mix it with something. Some users experience headaches when using it straight.:yep: Happy to help.

Thank you eroberson and Platinum. That info definitely helps. Thanks for taking the time to help a newbie out :Blush2:

Ok I started my M7 challenge on November 26th. I'm going to do it for 30 days before posting my results. I made up my mix the way I cook, I don't measure, just mixed until it looked and felt okay. Here is what I used:

1 tube FD M7
Dr. Miracles Grow Oil
Sulfer 8
Emu oil
Lavendar Oil
Rosemary/Noni Oil
Tea Tree Oil
Fantasia Moisterizing Oil
Coconut Oil
Shea Oil
Grape Seed Oil
Olive Oil
Peppermint Oil
Black Castor Oil
Carol's Daughter's Oils (3 different ones)
Surge 14

I just mixed it all together and put it in a plastic bottle with a pointed end. I part my hair and put it on my scalp and then massage it all in when I am finished. I plan on using it 3 x per week and wash & DC 2 times per week. I have a before picture, but I'm having problems trying to post it.

Congrats Coffee,
You've made great progress. :yep:
*HP

Hi!!! Has anyone tried the Dollar Tree MN? I looked at the inactive ingredients and it contains cetyl alcohol as well as mineral oil (which is in the FD brand). Has anyone received good results from the Dollar Tree Brand?

Ive been using it for about a month now and its been working pretty good. I have come across a problem now though, I apply it directly to myscalp and I would also oil my scalp with doo grow oil and my hair would be nice and moistured. Now for some reason my hair has been a little dry, I tried applying the ORS olive oil cream but it doesnt leave my hair moisturized. Any ideas on good moisturizers I can use while using MN?

Hi everyone

I just started using MN with castor oil grapeseed oil, coconut oil and olive oil. Im alittle nervous b/c who eva thought about putting MN on their scalp. O on my hair I put the shaikai oil. I just have a question. how long do you do it? A month? Or a few months? :ohwell:

Hi ladies.

I thought of all the MN users today when I was in the Dollar Store. You may already know this, but in Dollar Tree, they had a product called Miconazex 2%MN Cream. It is for vaginal yeast infections, but it comes in a tube that is a large 1.6 oz. It did have one of those applicators in it, but you could toss that. Anyway, for $1 you can't beat it.

Again you guys may know about that one but I thought I would mention it anyway.

Ive been using it for about a month now and its been working pretty good. I have come across a problem now though, I apply it directly to myscalp and I would also oil my scalp with doo grow oil and my hair would be nice and moistured. Now for some reason my hair has been a little dry, I tried applying the ORS olive oil cream but it doesnt leave my hair moisturized. Any ideas on good moisturizers I can use while using MN?

It is probably buildup from all the products. The build up blocks moisture. I would recomend that you clarify. HTH

I'm a newbie to LHCF and thought I would add my recipe. I read through all the recipes in here an ran out to get the stuff to make my own mix yesterday. I found the Pomada de Azufre today and added it for the sulfur content.
My MN recipe:
FD MN 2%
4oz 100% raw Shea Butter
BB Growth Serum
Pomada de Azufre
cap full of: Jojoba oil, Grape seed oil, Sweet Almond oil, Apricot oil, vitamin E oil.
3 tbs coconut oil
1/2 cap of Olive oil
20 drops Bergamot oil ( I love the sweet citrus scent)

I whipped the Shea Butter by hand with my oils. I added the MN and EO's last. Then I whipped it some more. I tryed to put it in my hair with my finger but I didn't think I was getting enough on my scalp so I decided to use a bottle and apply it, since so many on here do it that way and it seemes easier.

Welcome to the forum, Angkin73! Your mix sounds really good. Let us know how it works for you. Happy hair growing!

Last edited:
Is anyone using MN in the UK it seems like everyone on this site is based in the US.

I have heard just too many excellent results and am ready to start my MN.

Has anyone any suggestions on a brand sold in the UK or the ingredients of the one you are using in the US.

xx

Welcome to the forum, Angkin73! Your mix sounds really good. Let us know how it works for you. Happy hair growing!
Thank you. I hope to see a lot of growth. I did try it last night and even tho its creamy, it was so oily after I put it on my scalp. I really think I put on to much, I'm going to try the beads in the part like some one else suggested in here. and massage into my scalp.
I remember watching a youtube video on making whipped Shea butter. The lady added a Pearl White Mica powder(for the sheen), Boron Nitride powder ( this is put in lotions), Rice powder or can use corn starch, and Silica powder to her mix that helped to suck up some of the oil and make it creamer, almost like a lotion. Does any one know if that would work with a MN mix?

Last edited:
When I used MN, I did get more shedding. But, I do whenever I use something that makes my hair grow faster. I think it is normal at first, but I would expect it to decrease after using the aid for a bit.

For those who use their MN mix with water. DO you just dilute it into a spray bottle and mist your scalp?

1. How many tubes are you using in ratio to how much water?
  2. Is it the yeast infection kind or the jock itch kind?
  3. Do you mix anything else besides the water and MN?
  4. Would some rosemary help with the absorption into the scalp?
Thanks in advance for the answers.

I am not noticing anything very drastic about MN... I might give it one more month and see what happens. But I don't know if I will continue it past that.

Hi everyone!!! I have decided to stop using the MN due to shedding. I was using the FD brand w/o mixing and noticed long strands initially. I wasn't sure until 2-3 wks after a retouch when I used it again and noticed the same thing. I realize what works for one person does not work for another and I did receive growth, but it is not worth the shedding. :nono: I was trying to recover from a thinning nape area. Oh, well:ohwell: Anyone else experienced this?

:wave: I've been using MN mixed with Paltas for a week on my scalp and spraying daily with MT and I have 2-3 cm of newgrowth (I know cause I coloured just before the braids) I'm waiting 2 week to see if this is a combination I should stick with:yep:

I just started my own mix of mn today, does anybody know if you cowash and use it every other day if it will work, or maybe I should have a set schedule, like M,W,F - MN, T, TH, Su - Cowash?

Hi everyone!!! I have decided to stop using the MN due to shedding. I was using the FD brand w/o mixing and noticed long strands initially. I wasn't sure until 2-3 wks after a retouch when I used it again and noticed the same thing. I realize what works for one person does not work for another and I did receive growth, but it is not worth the shedding. :nono: I was trying to recover from a thinning nape area. Oh, well:ohwell: Anyone else experienced this?
sorry that you are experiencing this. I do relax more often that 8 weeks because I get so much groth from it so I have the regular shedding . HTH

I just started my own mix of mn today, does anybody know if you cowash and use it every other day if it will work, or maybe I should have a set schedule, like M,W,F - MN, T, TH, Su - Cowash?
I wash every 4 days now . the longer my hair get the more I and more I need to wash it. I guess the strands get too oily after a while . and it screams shampoo.

i cant seem to find MN in the family dollar near me :nono: can someone please post the ingredients? im just wondering what else is in it besides Miconazole Nitrate. If you can post a picture/link that would be fabulous as well. THANKS!

tada1

Back