MN USERS, and interested ladies support thread and recipes

MJ

I'm taking a break. This is my fourth without using my MN mix. I'm not sure when I'll resume...

Aggie

I'm breaking temporarily too as I just started the Mega Tek/OCT challenge and I really want to see if it will work better than the MN, I might mix them a lot later though.

Caramela

On second thought I'm using MN throughout the rest of the summer!!!! I have only been putting MN on my scalp in the lower 2 quadrants of my hair and I have a new little crop of new growth waves there! The upper two quadrants of my head has practically no NG at all and I'm 6 wks post. I'm using $1 store MN BTW.

Andy1979

THANK YOU CARAMELA! I have been waiting for someone to post that they got results from dollar tree mn. I found it at the dollar store last week but didn't want to waste my time or my dollar :) if it doesn't work.

Tamrin

unapologetic
I'm taking a break. This is my fourth without using my MN mix. I'm not sure when I'll resume...

It does not hurt to take abreak. Im too. Have not used any growth aids since 5/1/08. I just co wash and moisturuze and seal with oil. Im really enjoying having a scalp free of stuff. :grin:

Mandy4610

I'm breaking temporarily too as I just started the Mega Tek/OCT challenge and I really want to see if it will work better than the MN, I might mix them a lot later though.
Please let me know how you are liking the OCT. I have not bought any, mainly because shipping to Canada was ridiculous.
I have a growth aids change going until July/August, I think I will take a break after that.

Aggie

Please let me know how you are liking the OCT. I have not bought any, mainly because shipping to Canada was ridiculous.
I have a growth aids change going until July/August, I think I will take a break after that.

When I start to use the OCT, I will let you know how it worked for me.

By the way, I made a decision to add the MN to my MT a little early. I started mixing them together on Sunday June 1st, 2008. So I will keep track of the progress for that and see what happens. I only used the MT alone for 2 weeks only. I changed my mind and decided to use my MN before they expire on me.

Last edited:

Angkin73

I was doing the MN challenge but I decided to change my mix. The other I was using had to many oils in it, and I didn't like the way it was separating. I used it but not as often as I should, I did recieve good growth with it tho.

My new mix:
MN (walmart brand, was on sell for $4):grin:
Sulfur sublimed powder (flowers of sulfur)
MSM Aloe Vera Lotion (contains 15% msm)
Raw shea butter.
Scented oil (Tropical citrus Tango)

I really like this mix because its real creamy, and it leaves my hair really moisturized and soft. I just made it today.

soslychic

I've been using the MN for almost 2 months now while I've been in braids and I've seen very nice growth. I'm quite shocked. All I'm using is MN cream mixed with castor oil. Nothing fancy ;) I don't even measure. I just mix it up until it's still pretty thick and apply to scalp. My current set of braids have been in for 2 weeks and I think I see a good 1/2 inch of growth which is unusual for me. :)

Aussie

can someone tell me the thread that shows the ingredients in monistat. i got some from my doctor, but i want to make sure it is the right one that everybody is using. thanks!

xxCami

Wow ..
we are really putting monistat in our hair?
I thought that was a joke.
im scared to try it..
Does it makes the pores on your scalp open..?

Well here is my recipe.
There has been growth, and I cut most of it off.
I am a newbie and will put pics up soon.
I have been checking this site for a while ..
but anyhoo..
Ohh and I dont have any real measurments I just mix it in..

- ORS Carrot Oil
- ORS Shea Butter , its a purple and green jar.
- Africa Sixx Oil
- A smidgen of Miracle 8 w/ Ginseng
- Biolage daily leave in conditioner, about 3 pumps.. too much will make it way silky. <-- the concoction that is.. lol
- a little emergency 911
- and I seal the ends with mangobutter from QP

I try to moisturize every 2- 3 days.. my hair is very dry. I am 4b Relaxed.. I have a problem relaxing my hair too .. but anyway where do I get to tell people Im a 4b.. is there a form to fill out.. as far as goals and stuff.
there was one when this site was free. lol Im not complaining though. no pun intended

apemay1969

Does anyone know how long MN keeps? I made a mix of it with vatika oil a few months ago and kept it in an old ORS carrot oil container. I then bought some BT and used that. Now I want to use the MN mix. Is it too old or does it keep like other stuff in containers?

I ain't trying to wake up and all my hair is on my pillow.:nono:

Aggie

Does anyone know how long MN keeps? I made a mix of it with vatika oil a few months ago and kept it in an old ORS carrot oil container. I then bought some BT and used that. Now I want to use the MN mix. Is it too old or does it keep like other stuff in containers?

I ain't trying to wake up and all my hair is on my pillow.:nono:

MN does have an expiry date on the box, do you remember what it was? Do you have any essential oils in your mix, that would keep it a little longer.

apemay1969

MN does have an expiry date on the box, do you remember what it was? Do you have any essential oils in your mix, that would keep it a little longer.

Girl, naw, I don't remember what it was.:lachen:

It's funny too cause I'm smelling it like I can tell.:lachen::lachen:

Better safe than sorry. I'm throwing it out and buying some more. My momma said I'm too cheap to be this young.

It would seem that if mixed with an oil, like Vatika, it would keep longer.

Aggie

Girl, naw, I don't remember what it was.:lachen:

It's funny too cause I'm smelling it like I can tell.:lachen::lachen:

Better safe than sorry. I'm throwing it out and buying some more. My momma said I'm too cheap to be this young.

It would seem that if mixed with an oil, like Vatika, it would keep longer.[/quote]

No, because Vatika oil expires too.

Aggie

that's the problem I dont have dandruff anymore but I'm getting the itchies LOL. I am using mn mixed with castor oil and dabur special oi.

It may be the dabur special oil, I heard they have mineral oil in them so I started buying my mineral oil-free amla, bhringraj and brahmi oils from www.garrysun.com. A lady by the name of Karen is very helpful there with questions I had and seem pretty knowledgeable on the oils. The oils seem a little expensive compared to the Dabur oil but I'd rather have better quality oil over mineral oil-ladened oils. I hope this helps.

Jadore_tay

It may be the dabur special oil, I heard they have mineral oil in them so I started buying my mineral oil-free amla, bhringraj and brahmi oils from www.garrysun.com. A lady by the name of Karen is very helpful there with questions I had and seem pretty knowledgeable on the oils. The oils seem a little expensive compared to the Dabur oil but I'd rather have better quality oil over mineral oil-ladened oils. I hope this helps.

thank you that may be the problem :look:

Aggie

actually, a lot of people report getting the itchies when on MN...most people attribute this to the MN making their hair grow....:look:

Mine doesn't itch. It could be the essential oils that's keeping my scalp from itching then as I use a few drops each of tea tree, peppermint, rosemary, lavender, cedarwood and a few drops of ylang ylang. I make a very large batch that lasts me like 2 months at a time.

Aggie

Ladies, MN really dries out the hair and scalp so please, moisturize, moisturize, moisturize and boy am I glad I don't get the itchies you ladies are talking about because in the past when I use to have an ithcy patch in the crown of my head, I used to scratch my head so hard that my hair used to fall out right in the spot I scratched, not good:nono:.

So if you get bad itching, try not to scratch it too hard, okay?

mistee11

Hi, I am new to this forum site and am very excited to learn all that I can from you all to help grow and keep some hair on my head. My hair generally will grow at a very good rate but I experience a lot of shedding at pre-touch up times. Also I have a lot of itching in one spot in the crown of my head accompanied by flaking. It seems no matter what I put on it (and believe me I've tried almost everything... from Keracare's Dry and Itchy Shampoo and Conditioners and their grease to EVOO) I still get this dry patch. I too have suffered breakage all the way down to the new growth from taking fine tooth combs to scratch the spot. It's very discouraging, but so hard not to scratch. I am willing to try the MN challenge and make my own hair recipe to combat all these hair problems that are slowing down growth rate. Do you have any recommendations as to what I can use to combat the intense itching, dryness and breakage? :nono:

mistee11

My regimen is kind of a lazy approach -- i've been washing once a week and dc and cw once a week. I suffer with allergies to anything nut-based.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
For ladies who continue to experience itching, please add a few drops of rosemary, tea tree, and peppermint oils to your mixture. Please only add a few drops, maybe 5-7 drops of each. The rosemary can be overpowering in smell.