HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 2011

choctaw

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Will oil hair with EVOO mixed with vitamin E oil and a few drops of tea tree oil. Cover hair with plastic cap for a few hours and follow with conditioner wash.

B3e

Re: HOTs, Oil Rinses, Scalp Oiling, End Sealing Challenge Feb 1, 2011 - April 30, 201

Technically not in this challenge, but just wanted to share, if there's an oil challenge after the 30th I'm in. I infused an assortment of oils in an assortment of herbs. Mainly trying to clear my dresser...too many products. I've done nothing to my hair this month, why I have them all is beyond me. I hope this will get me on track, since it took so much effort.

Oils:
—Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal
—Keo Karpin
—Almond
—Castor

Powders/Herbs/Misc:
—Horsetail
—Nettle Leaf
—Fenugreek
—Shikakai
—Ginger
—Tea Masala (I was curious...)

I don't expect anything, but am happy to finally be rid of those bottles of useless things.

Plan:
—Oil nightly
—Clarify Monthly
—Cowash in between as needed

I'll use my nape for measurement....it's really a sad reality. It was 5.5" in november and now....it's 5.25" It's growing backwards. This setback may be due to a number of things, including an unsteady diet, lack of exercise, lack of sun, lack of sleep, lack of a regimen...etc. etc. I've really set myself up for this, but the weird thing is that the rest of my hair is growing quite fabulously. But what's the point if I'm going to be uber preoccupied with the nape :nono:

For anyone who's interested, I'll post a start pic when I redo these current braids/or remove them this weekend. I'll post an update pic the weekend of May 20th.

ETA: Infused Oil Starting Pic & Blog Entry

Also...*sheepish* my hair's not growing backwards, but I may certainly be growing dumber. :look:

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A

Prepooing with a mix of aloe vera juice & castor oil sealed with vatika frosting.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

Technically not in this challenge, but just wanted to share, if there's an oil challenge after the 30th I'm in. I infused an assortment of oils in an assortment of herbs. Mainly trying to clear my dresser...too many products. I've done nothing to my hair this month, why I have them all is beyond me. I hope this will get me on track, since it took so much effort.

Oils:
—Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal
—Keo Karpin
—Almond
—Castor

Powders/Herbs/Misc:
—Horsetail
—Nettle Leaf
—Fenugreek
—Shikakai
—Ginger
—Tea Masala (I was curious...)

I don't expect anything, but am happy to finally be rid of those bottles of useless things.

Plan:
—Oil nightly
—Clarify Monthly
—Cowash in between as needed

I'll use my nape for measurement....it's really a sad reality. It was 5.5" in november and now....it's 5.25" It's growing backwards. This setback may be due to a number of things, including an unsteady diet, lack of exercise, lack of sun, lack of sleep, lack of a regimen...etc. etc. I've really set myself up for this, but the weird thing is that the rest of my hair is growing quite fabulously. But what's the point if I'm going to be uber preoccupied with the nape :nono:

For anyone who's interested, I'll post a start pic when I redo these current braids/or remove them this weekend. I'll post an update pic the weekend of May 20th.

.Wanji.

Welcome Wanji and Thanks for Listing your Regimen. We will be going into a Spring/Summer May 1, 2011 through August 31st 2011. So we will be looking/expecting your Participation.

Glad to have You!:grin:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

Hey Ladies, Decided to Self-Relax today. I used Coconut Oil and some Pure Keratin Oil on my Previously Relaxed Hair.

I added a squirt or 2 of Shea Butter Oil into my Relaxer (MBB Sensitive Scalp No-Lye).

I applied Pure Argan with my Leave In and will probably Sealed after moisturizing with HV Avosoya Oil.

Used Quite a bit of Oils today.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

@IDareT'sHair - So how did the relaxing go? Good, I'm sure...What did you use??

@Brownie518

It went okay:perplexed I don't think my smoothing was good as it coulda' been.

I used MBB Sensitive Scalp No-Lye. Mid-Protein w/Joico KPak, Co-washed with Nutrine Garlic and Moist 24/7.

Neutralized, Chelated, Acidified. WHEW!:grin: (Not in that Order, of course)

Sat under dryer with AE Garlic. Then I Steamed with KBB Luscious Locs.:yep:

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

I used up my Njoi Sweet Coconut Pomade. I have 1 Back Up of this.

Today I've been using HV's Vatika Frosting.

I'll use about 1/2 Jar and stick it back in the Refridge.:look:

I love using this after Relaxing for some reason. I find it very soothing to my Hair/Scalp.:lick:

I pulled out my She Scent It Marshmallow Hair Cream. For My Oils I'll being using SSI Cocosta Oil and/or HV Avosoya Oil, JBCO.

Shay72

Natural, 4A

Did an oil rinse with sweet almond oil yesterday after dcing and before detangling. Doing a HOT right now with sweet almond oil. Will rinse then cowash. I feel and see the difference when oil rinsing. My hair is really soft, easier to detangle, and great curl definition. This combined with my weekly ayurvedic pastes are a real benefit to my hair.

PAgirl

Did an overnight prepoo with hot evco and evoo. Woke up in the morning to soft hair!

JerriBlank

This challenge is supposed to be helping me use up oils,but I keep buying new ones.:look:. My newest conquest is Anita Grant's organic sapote castor hair oil.*slow pervert drools*
This oil is amazing!! No other way to put it! I have used it as a HOT and to seal. I love it sooooo much. We have a local supplier of Anita Grant in my city now,so I'm in trouble. I have already planned when I'm going back there to get another one.:ohwell:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

Did an oil rinse with sweet almond oil yesterday after dcing and before detangling. Doing a HOT right now with sweet almond oil. Will rinse then cowash. I feel and see the difference when oil rinsing. My hair is really soft, easier to detangle, and great curl definition. This combined with my weekly ayurvedic pastes are a real benefit to my hair.

Shay72

Nice Post. Thanks Shay!:grin:

This challenge is supposed to be helping me use up oils,but I keep buying new ones.:look:. My newest conquest is Anita Grant's organic sapote castor hair oil.*slow pervert drools*
This oil is amazing!! No other way to put it! I have used it as a HOT and to seal. I love it sooooo much. We have a local supplier of Anita Grant in my city now,so I'm in trouble. I have already planned when I'm going back there to get another one.:ohwell:

JerriBlank

*Slow Pervert Drools with You*:blush:

PinkPebbles

LOL @ the bolded b/c I'm in the same situation :lol:.

My WEN Lavender is almost gone, so I'm going to use more of that oil as a prepoo for the next couple of weeks. At least this one will be used up!

itismehmmkay

Did a hot oil cholesterol treatment again. I can tell the difference w/ these weekly treatments. Think I've done 4 (I missed last weeks treatment).

AlliCat

added jojoba and peppermint oils to my DC :yep:

JerriBlank

IDareT'sHair,:lol: :lachen:
This stuff is niiceee! I have it in my purse today.:look:
PinkPebbles, I really need to stop. Lmao! Seriously,I'm going to have to mix the good stuff with the mediocre until I finish them. I have blown through every oil that I raved about in here,and the so-so ones are still sitting there staring at me accusingly. :nono:. I pick up good ones,like "oooh,this will be good for the oil challenge." I have to use up the sucky ones! Lol.

Lita

Washed/Dc & sealed with Argan,Sesame & Walnut oil...on scalp,,Brahmi...

*I had a little set back this weekend..I was using a pain patch (for my arm) & had a negative reaction..Itchy skin/scalp..Hair shed.....I was doing so well with gaining thickness/keeping a healthy scalp..Did a light blow dry/hair looks /feel better...LIVE & LEARN about meds....

*Back on track NOW!

*Brahmi mix is-Brahmi.Emu.JBCO & Mahabhringraj oil...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

Washed/Dc & sealed with Argan,Sesame & Walnut oil...on scalp,,Brahmi...

*I had a little set back this weekend..I was using a pain patch (for my arm) & had a negative reaction..Itchy skin/scalp..Hair shed.....I was doing so well with gaining thickness/keeping a healthy scalp..Did a light blow dry/hair looks /feel better...LIVE & LEARN about meds....

*Back on track KNOW!

*Brahmi mix is-Brahmi.Emu.JBCO & Mah oil...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

Hey Girlie!:sad:

I read about your 'problem' in the DC'ing Thread.

Glad Things are "Better":hug2:

Lita

Lita

Hey Girlie!:sad:

I read about your 'problem' in the DC'ing Thread.

Glad Things are "Better":hug2:

IDareT'sHair Thank you! I mean I couldnt comb my hair..Finger comb or any-thing/it was just coming out...I took my time..(HOURS) it paid off..My skin wasn't the same either...

*I didn't drink enough water...With that patch you have to increase you water intake-I wasn't feeling well this weekend/So I didn't feel like it..Back to my water & other vits....THANK GOD!

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

@IDareT'sHair Thank you! I mean I couldnt comb my hair..Finger comb or any-thing/it was just coming out...I took my time..(HOURS) it paid off..My skin was werd...

*I didn't drink enough water...With that patch you have to increase you water intake-I wasn't feeling well this weekend/So I didn't feel like it..Back to my water & other vits....THANK GOD!

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

That Sounds Terrible.:blush:

Take Care of Yourself and feel better soon.:blowkiss:

Brownie518

I've been sealing up with my HTN Oil after moisturizing. I'll be using Hemp and Grape Seed oils to add to my DCs this week.

Ltown

Greyland

IDareT'sHair Thank you! I mean I couldnt comb my hair..Finger comb or any-thing/it was just coming out...I took my time..(HOURS) it paid off..My skin wasn't the same either...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita, sorry to hear about your trouble. Hope you get well soon!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

Moisturized Tonight with Hydratherma Naturals Growth Lotion and Sealed with Hairveda's Avosoya Oil.

B3e

First night baggying with my infused oil.
Can't wait 'til morning! I find the magic usually happens when one's sleeping. :p

HHG Ladies!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

Will Use Pure Argan and Hairveda's Avosoya Oil during today's wash-day