*-*-*2011 Baggy Challenge*-*-*

kupenda

I'm curious ladies. I haven't baggied since Thursday because I self relaxed that day and wasn't sure if having a wet scalp for an extended period of time would be a good idea right afterwards. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF :)

indarican

tiffers ghe'ing was awesome! I used two plastic caps, a mesh wig cap, the foil cap, my beanie all covered with a scarf. Worked like a charm and was warm when I removed all of that stuff. The only bad thing that I can say is the foil cap edges are a bit rough. But I pulled down the plastic cap so the edges of the foil cap would fall on that instead of my skin.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Sprayed, moisturized with Marie Dean Lemon Souffle and TLC Naturals Cocoa Shea Decadent Butter, then massaged the Growth Oil into my scalp for 2 1/2 minutes. :drunk:

tiffers

kupenda There were times when I would cowash the day after relaxing and I stayed wearing wet buns, so my scalp was always wet or damp and it really helped with retention. :yep:

indarican Dang, you ain't playin around with layering, huh? :lachen: I'm glad it worked out for you this time! Yay! :grin:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Baggied last night, getting back on the wagon.

Moisturized w/ Claudie Braid spray, oil scalp & hair with castor oil & kbb heavenly jojoba oil, full head baggy.

Hair at the roots is soft & smooth (in kinky twist so thats all I can really feel).

tiffers

Sprayed and moisturized with Marie Dean Super Buttercream. The first time I used it, I wasn't at all impressed. Moisture and softness were long gone. I'm giving it one more try before I chuck it.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Sprayed and moisturized with Marie Dean Super Buttercream. The first time I used it, I wasn't at all impressed. Moisture and softness were long gone. I'm giving it one more try before I chuck it.

tiffers - what exactly don't you like? The buttercream or the spray, which spray? Just curious, it seems our hair likes the same stuff.

I baggied with Claudie's braid spray, can't remember if I used a sealant. My mind is all over the place. I had a migrane headache, which was mad worse once I realized I lost the key to my car!

tiffers

Golden75 The Buttercream. :sad: I had such high hopes for it! How can something called Super Buttercream NOT be awesome? :lol: But unfortunately, it's not. *long, sad sigh*

Usually, when I rub in a moisturizer, it softens my hair up while I'm rubbing it in. My hair usually feels really good. When rubbing in the Buttercream, my hair feels semi-straw like. And after GHE'ing with it, my hair feels stiff and even more like straw. No softness or moisture whatsoever. :nono: I'm wondering if I should save it for summer, because of the glycerin? :confused: But I doubt that's it because my hair doesn't mind glycerin at all. I just don't know. I wanted it to work so bad. :cry:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
tiffers - I was going to order that from AveYou, but the reviews were mixed. Well, maybe save it and revisit in warmer months, or maybe its more of a sealant than moisturizer?

Keep us posted!

indarican

i forgot to ghe last night... sniffle sniffle... i actually fell asleep with my HW on:ohwell: but at least my hair was tied up.

tiffers where is my 2012 thread girl... i wanna be first on that list!!!:lachen:

tiffers

Golden75 I never thought of using it as a sealant because water is the first ingredient and it's really creamy... but that just may work. :scratchch I'm trying to figure out how to work with this because I've been wanting it forever! Now that I have it, it's like WOMP-WOMP :lol:

indarican :blush: I forgot all about starting a new challenge! :lachen: Okay, I'll start one soon. Thanks for reminding me!

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
I sprayed my hair with Oyin's Juices and Berries, oiled my scalp. Now GHE-ing wth my cling wrap covered with a satin scarf. This method also keeps my hairstyle looking fresh. I have NO plans whatsoever to mess with my hair this weekend.

indarican

Ghe'ing with my 6 layers. Moisturized with kinky curly twist mixed with some water sealed with shea butter. Oiled my scalp with my sulfur mix.Got my hair in 4 doofy flat twists... For my first attempt I think I did ok.. Lol

tiffers

Sprayed my hair down, moisturized with Marie Dean Lemon Vanilla Souffle and Marie Dean Raspberry Chocolate Butter, then massaged Ultimate Growth Oil into my scalp. :spinning:

indarican

Baggying under my wig right now. Im going to do a deep condition and re twist tonight then back to the baggying... i really am content with my ends never feeling the outside air for this whole year of 2012!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I don't know how many times my hair needs to tell me :nono:. I didn't GHE on Sunday or Monday :wallbash:. GHE=moisturized which in turn=more defined curls. No GHE=poofy curls :giggle:.

Platinum

Haven't checked in in a while. Still baggying every night. Braid extensions and shed hair removal are a breeze.:yep: zero breakage on my natural hair. Baggying is the truth!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Platinum

Cowashed tonight. baggying with Leisure Curl Super Gro Spray as a leave-in and sealed with Castor oil.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

kupenda

Baggied for about three hours with hemp oil. Why haven't I done this before?!?!? I'm ridiculous. My hair was so soft! I'm adding this to my reggie, despite the odd smell I can't rid of

indarican

I didnt GHE last night my hair was actually still wet from like two days earlier, since ive been baggying all day and gheing all night im assuming my hair never really got time to dry so i let it last night.

kupenda

Did the LOC method with water, hemp oil, and DB transitioning. Covered in my plastic bag and scarf. Going to bed

tiffers

I'm exhausted. It's three in the morning & I'm too tired to do much of anything. Sprayed with my mix and topped with hemp oil mixed with TLC Naturals Shea Boabob Oil. Can't do the whole massaging scalp thing, takes too long. *passes out*

tiffers

Steamed with Kyra's Ultimate Hemp dc, and when I was done, I massaged growth oil into my scalp. I'm gonna GHE with just that and see how it goes. :drunk: