COWASH CHALLENGE 2012 PART II- April 1-June 30, 2012

Jewell

CW'ing tomorrow with Suave Rosemary Mint Cleansing Cond, followed by Suave Humectant Cond, rinsing, and add more Suave Humectant or Aussie Moist as a leave-in.

Sealing with Dabur Vatika Oil or Ramtirth Brahmi Oil. Vatika oil gives mega shine n I find it really protects my hair well from sun, heat, wind. Adding MN to regimen tomorrow (applying to scalp), followed by a light scalp oiling with my herb/sulfur/EO mix.

Ogoma

Co-cleansed this morning with L'Oreal EverCreme and conditioned with 365 Mint Conditioner (I don't like this conditioner and I don't know why :lol:).

Diva_Esq

i dont actually "wash" when i do it...which is why i have trouble calling it "cowash" and always refer to it as "rinse & condition" instead.

i dont put the conditioner on my scalp (not intentionally, anyway....it does end up there sometimes haha) and i dont scrub my scalp with conditioner on it. i rinse my hair with the water for a few minutes...i'll kinda gently rub my scalp and then let the water run on it some more before i put the conditioner on my hair.

i tryyyyy to get as little product on my scalp as possible (cant say i always succeed)...i get itchies quickly...my scalp doesnt like anything on it, really.

I like rinse and condition. I would add detangle, but I don't scrub conditioner into my scalp and hair.

faithVA

DCd with AO Rosa Mosqueta, cowashed with Tresemme Naturals and used Tresemme Naturals as my leave-in. After this week, I think I will leave the DC for Sundays unless I can do it really early.

TruMe

Cowashed last night with V05 Moisture Milks, EVOO, Tea Tree oil and Peppermint oil. Love it!

charmtreese

Co-washed on Wednesday with Joico nourish for natural hair (not sure if I like this one as well as the one for chemical treated hair, it's a little thinner consistency), followed up with TIGI Bead Head self absorbed.

faithVA

DCd overnight with AO Blue Chamomile. Wet my hair a bit and applied Tresemme Naturals conditioner over the DC and worked it in. I let it sit. Then I finger detangled with just the conditioner. Then I finger detangled under the running water. Used Tresemme Naturals as my leave-in.

Ogoma

Co-washed yesterday with Gud conditioner. Co-washed DC out today with AO Swimmers Conditioner.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Will be cowashing tonight with Aussie Moist, too busy watching BBW Reunion and printing some information for school......

faithVA

Cowashing is addictive. I am sitting here craving cowashing my hair tonight. I just cowashed last night. I have absolutely no reason to cowash my hair tonight :nono:

I got stuff to do. I can't spend my ever waking moment cowashing my hair. :lol: I guess I will be content with misting my hair and sealing the ends :yep:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Diva_Esq

I would like to join... :look:

:crossfingers: :grin:

I started co-washing June 1st and styling my hair as a wash n go. I got tired of twisting and braiding my hair. So now I'm embracing my napps.

Starting Pics:

*These pics were taken with my camera phone so the quality isn't that great. I need a new regular digital camera.

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:

How many times per week will you cowash?

1-4 times per week

What conditioners are you planning to use?
I will be using one of the following conditioners:
Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner, Mane N Tail Conditioner, TRESemme' Naturals Nourishing Conditioner

What do you hope to achieve by cowashing?
More moisture, length retention, carefree styling, cleaner scalp, curl definition and shine

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo?
As needed only if I use a product that has cones in it

Jobwright

I am new and late to join the challenge. However I am interested and learning ALOT!!!!

How many times per week will you cowash? 1x/wk
What conditioners are you planning to use? ??? Suggestions?...I have some Sile Elegance Mega Silk...
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Healthier hair that is 4 months post relaxed...struggling! Just took out micro braids...never again!:nono:
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? We'll see, once per month maybe...

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Cowashing is addictive. I am sitting here craving cowashing my hair tonight. I just cowashed last night. I have absolutely no reason to cowash my hair tonight :nono:

I got stuff to do. I can't spend my ever waking moment cowashing my hair. :lol: I guess I will be content with misting my hair and sealing the ends :yep:

I totally feel you LOL....
I just CW last night and wanted to do it again today but I am not. I will do it tomorrow though LOL.:lick:

SmilingElephant

Thanks everyone for the responses! I forgot i had asked the question:blush:

Yes...i am doing more of the washing my scalp with only water or a little conditioner when i co-wash:yep: I like it this way better.

I need to put some protein in my hair...i've been over doing the TN and my hair felt a bit mushy yesterday in the shower:perplexed....just a little bit tho.

Ogoma

Thanks everyone for the responses! I forgot i had asked the question:blush:

Yes...i am doing more of the washing my scalp with only water or a little conditioner when i co-wash:yep: I like it this way better.

I need to put some protein in my hair...i've been over doing the TN and my hair felt a bit mushy yesterday in the shower:perplexed....just a little bit tho.

I am super heavy-handed, especially now that I am anxious to use up stuff, and I co-wash 5-7x a week (whenever I work out) so I make sure I add a conditioner with a little bit of protein to my regimen 1-2x a week to keep my hair balanced.

Last edited:

Ogoma

In preparation for the summer that may never get here, I decided to add an extra co-cleansing session. I co-cleansed today with L'Oreal EverCreme and used Jessicurl WDT as a rinse-out.

I wonder if she changed the formula. I first tried it in the new bottle and I liked it, but I am now going through one I had in my stash in the old container and I feel it leaves my hair feeling weird and waxy. This is my third time using it (first two times as a DC) and I don't like it. I have one more in the new container so I'll see how I feel about that it then. I clarified my hair on Sunday so it can't be that.

SmilingElephant

I am super heavy-handed, especially now that I am anxious to use up stuff, and I co-wash 5-7x a week (whenever I work out) so I make sure I add a conditioner with a little bit of protein to my regimen 1-2x a week to keep my hair balanced.

This is me!:lol: I like to use up everything...by habit. I don't like to just have products sitting around for months...i like to keep fresh ones in rotation.:grin: Idk, im just weird like that:drunk: I'm only really heavy handed when i co-wash or deep condition tho. Everything else i just try to use it frequently.