COWASH CHALLENGE 2012 PART II- April 1-June 30, 2012

Ogoma

I accumulated so much product, especially during the Black Friday sales and the fact I have products sitting there for 6 months now is doing my head in. I refuse to buy anything until I use up everything I have. :cry2:

faithVA

Cowashed with Tresemme Naturals. I wet my hair and applied the conditioner outside the shower. I don't really like the results of that. So I will stick to wetting my hair in the shower, applying the conditioner, letting it sit, then cowash and finger detangle.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I need to put some protein in my hair...i've been over doing the TN and my hair felt a bit mushy yesterday in the shower:perplexed....just a little bit tho.

You using a Conditioner or a treatment?

I am super heavy-handed, especially now that I am anxious to use up stuff, and I co-wash 5-7x a week (whenever I work out) so I make sure I add a conditioner with a little bit of protein to my regimen 1-2x a week to keep my hair balanced.

What conditioner are you using?

Ogoma

What conditioner are you using?

What haven't I been using? :lol:

But, these are the ones I will repurchase (not all at once!): CJ Beauticurls Strengthening, AO GPB, Oyin Honey Hemp (more moisture, but the hydrolyzed silk gives my curls life), Giovanni Deeper Moisture, and Darcy's Pumpkin Seed Curl.

As you can see conditioners with one or two proteins towards the end of the ingredient list so not protein heavy at all. I am have coarse strands that are low porosity so I don't go near heavy protein conditioners at all. I am just trying to keep my curls perky :lol:.

Last edited:

Jobwright

First cowash ever today using Tresemme Naturals. I loved it! DC now under dryer. Then MT and castor scalp. I don't have a leave in so will seal with castor and evoo. Then air dry, ecostyle into a phony pony! Hope this works! I really need my hair back!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
On Thursday night, I co-washed with Trader Joe's Tingle Treat Conditioner and let my hair air-dry overnight in preparation of my dry DC.

Jobwright

Cowashing my daughters hair today. I am excited and she is too since this will be her first time with water on her hair in the shower. She is 4... Then bunning it up for church and dance recital tomorrow.

SmilingElephant

Cowashing my daughters hair today. I am excited and she is too since this will be her first time with water on her hair in the shower. She is 4... Then bunning it up for church and dance recital tomorrow.

Awww! Funny enough...i remember when i first started taking showers...i thought i was grown!:lol:

I switched it up yesterday and co-washed with Suave Mango Mandarin:lick: My hair smelled delicious! I also used Hair Dew as my leave in so it made my hair smell dreamsicle-ish:grin:

SmilingElephant

ZebraPrintLover I'm like Ogoma...i just use a conditioner that has a couple of proteins in it. I ended up finishing my AOIN as a rinse out the day before yesterday. My hair feels better now.:)

I only use a protein treatment after straightening my hair.

Ogoma

Co-washed with AO RM on Friday; on Saturday co-cleansed with L'oreal Evercreme after dcing with ITDF Organicals, and used CJ BA&O as a rinse-out conditioner; and today co-washed with YTCumcumber.

The ITDF left my hair feeling a little to elasticky (not a word, I know) so I'll be co-washing daily to get it back to the right balance.

gabulldawg

I've been unofficially a part of this challenge so I might as well officially join. :lol: I cowash anywhere from 1-3x a week, depending on what style my hair is in. I usually cowash with garnier triple nutrition conditioner.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I cowashed Saturday and will be cowashing in a few with Aussie Moist/ HE HH......I love the big pump that my Aussie came in so I just added my Herbal Essence into the same pump bottle cause its hands free for the shower.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Cowashed last night....used Millcreek biotin and AORM (together with AO layered over top of millcreek).

NaturalfienD

Hello Ladies,

Co-washed last night with V05 Moisture Milks ... planning on co-washing again this Friday.

Chuuurch ...

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I washed my hair yesterday but didn't do anything with it at all. I know, super bad. Will cowash and detangle today, probably with Tresemme Naturals conditioner. *love this stuff* :love3: