COWASH CHALLENGE PART II (April 1-June 30, 2013)

EnExitStageLeft

@Iluvsmuhgrass

What it contains:

1. 1 cup of Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating Calming Conditioner
  2. 1 1/2 cups of V05 Moisture Milks Strawberries and Cream Conditioner
  3. 1 cup of Tresseme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner
  4. 1 tablespoons of all of the following: Olive oil, Coconut oil, Rice Bran oil, Castor Oil and Vitamin E oil (Preservative)
  5. 10 drops of rosemary essential oil (Another Preservative)
  6. 2 tablespoons of Honey (Agave Nectar is also good)
  7. 4 tablespoons of steeped and strained Slippery Elm Bark
  8. 4 tablespoons of steeped and strained Marshmallow Root
:) HTH's

Last edited:

janeemat

Still cowashing although I have not checked in latley. I am out of my normal cowashing cond and will have to order it. Meanwhile I am going to try the VO5 moisture milk strawberries and cream that is loved by so many. I was in the grocery store and saw it for .99 cents.....hey why not. I will see tonight!

janeemat

Cowashed last night with VO5 Moisture Milk Strawberries and Cream. I found it to be very moisturizing. I will continue to use it over the next few weeks.

cynd

I forgot I was in this challenge, but I have been cowashing at least once or twice a week without fail. Recently added steam which is making detangling easier so I may cowash even more throughout the summer.

Aggie

I cowashed this morning with Enjoy Luxury Conditioner. This is a really good thick instant conditioner but because it was so expensive, I will not be purchasing it again. I will look into some Biolage Conditioners for cowashing and masks/balms for DCing.

I'm ready for some Redken conditioners again as well, so maybe when my Aussie condtioners are running very low, I'll look into repurchasing the the Redken and Biolage conditioners. Mizani Thermasmooth conditioner is awesome for cowashing my hair also.

SincerelyBeautiful

Last week i cowashed like three times while on vacay which is pretty good considering how lazy i was. Now im getting an install of senagalese twist put in today so hopefully tomorrow they will be finished. I will continue to cowash my braids when needed and take care of them the same as i would my hair. Will still be posting as well.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
cynd yes I do:grin:. . I rinse/wet my hair. .pour the tea/coconut milk and coffee over my head (about equal parts milk and coffee and 2 parts tea blend) squeeze out the excess then add a small amount of oil then my conditioner. Massage it in and let it sit while I shower then rinse. That's with each wash.

cynd

@cynd yes I do:grin:. . I rinse/wet my hair. .pour the tea/coconut milk and coffee over my head (about equal parts milk and coffee and 2 parts tea blend) squeeze out the excess then add a small amount of oil then my conditioner. Massage it in and let it sit while I shower then rinse. That's with each wash.

Thanks Nix08, that sounds more straightforward than I thought it would and I'm sure you have it down to a science. I might get some coconut milk and give it a try. Do you brew your mix daily or do you brew it in advance and already have it on hand?

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I brew everything in advance and keep it in the fridge (tea in a separate container from the coffee). I pour the coconut milk in an ice cube tray and put one cube in a cup in the microwave to melt it then add the coffee and milk to it.

@cynd yes, it's all easy peasy I'm self admitted super lazy:look:

SmilingElephant

Welp...i did it! I managed to co wash everyday this week! I used up a bottle of V05 strawberry...then on the 4th i used my Curls creamy curl cleanser....and yesterday i co washed with the V05 coconut.:)

faithVA

Did a strange lazy cowash today. I oiled my scalp with diluted NJoy growth oil, threw some As I Am Hydrating Conditioner on top and baggied while I took a long nap. Then I rinsed, did a tea rinse. Then cowashed with Deva Curl One. No rhyme or reason to it. :ohwell: