COWASH CHALLENGE 2012 (January 1- March 31, 2012)

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
@Ogomo :wave: Hey:grin: Look at you fellow Canadians hiding out!!!
It must be the nice winter that we're having for us to all meed up in the cowash thread:lol:

Ogoma

@Ogomo :wave: Hey:grin: Look at you fellow Canadians hiding out!!!
It must be the nice winter that we're having for us to all meed up in the cowash thread:lol:

I know! :lol: I am in Vancouver as well so the winters are not too bad.

SmilingElephant

I'm not in this challenge...(i might join the next part tho:look:)...but i wanted to know if anyone in here has tried the V05 Shea Cashmere? I used it today and i love it...it has awesome slip (for me)...and it smells like vanilla cookies...i can't stop talking about it! I even used it as a leave in under my styler and my hair is just so happy and springy and soft today:yep:

Diva_Esq

I'm not in this challenge...(i might join the next part tho:look:)...but i wanted to know if anyone in here has tried the V05 Shea Cashmere? I used it today and i love it...it has awesome slip (for me)...and it smells like vanilla cookies...i can't stop talking about it! I even used it as a leave in under my styler and my hair is just so happy and springy and soft today:yep:

I wanna know too! Might want to try it!!

bosswitch

I know! :lol: I am in Vancouver as well so the winters are not too bad.

Ogoma

I'm in Vancouver too! The rain is great for my hair...it keeps it nice and soft :lol:. Where do you get your Trader Joe's shampoo from? I wonder how many more Vancouver people are lurking on the board...enough for a meet-up?

Also if my hair is still pretty damp I put on what looks like a 'dread cap' and throughout the night it dries as well...
I do bun most of the time but you could also do 2 bantu knots (on mianly dry hair) on either side of your hair and in the morning when you take it down you have lovely waves:yep:

Nix08

I air-dry in a ponytail and it's dry in about 2 hours, but I usually shower in the mornings, so I have to bun (I can't walk around with loose wet hair :nono: ). The bantu knots sound nice...last time it was a disaster, but I was SL then, so I think I'll try again next week :).

Ogoma

@Ogoma

I'm in Vancouver too! The rain is great for my hair...it keeps it nice and soft :lol:. Where do you get your Trader Joe's shampoo from? I wonder how many more Vancouver people are lurking on the board...enough for a meet-up?

bosswitch

I just moved here from the States a few months ago. I would love to meet new people. We could have a two person meetup :lol:.

I bought the Trader Joe conditioner from the store in Bellingham. I have not been able to shop here with the exaggerated prices and that 12% tax. Years in the US has ruined my ability to pay 12% tax AND double the price for anything so I have been schlepping to the US (Target, Trader Joe, Costco, mall) for monthly shopping, even groceries, and to pick up all the packages I mail there. It always amuses me that 75% the cars at these places have BC tags.

faithVA

Hmmm my hair's natural, and I was thinking if I should braid it up for a cowash...hmmm...It's a pain to comb out.

Even when I cowash I still do it in twists. How do you plan to wear your hair afterwards? If you are doing a WNG then braiding it up may not work. But if you are doing any other style, cowashing in twists or braids will defiitely help.

faithVA

My week has been very busy and I have not had a chance to cowash. I hope to cowash and DC this evening.

Even when I cowash I still do it in twists. How do you plan to wear your hair afterwards? If you are doing a WNG then braiding it up may not work. But if you are doing any other style, cowashing in twists or braids will defiitely help.

Oh okay! Usually I have my hair braided then co-wash. :yep: Because combing out my hair is terrible! ugh, it's so painful :spinning:

I'm going into braid extensions by next sat, and that's great to hear! My stylist tells me to cowash in braids/plaits but I just had my hair straightened (flat ironed) last week and it's manageable...so will I wash out that 'manageability' if I co-wash in plaits?:lol::look:

My hair's suuuper thick...

faithVA

Oh okay! Usually I have my hair braided then co-wash. :yep: Because combing out my hair is terrible! ugh, it's so painful :spinning:

I'm going into braid extensions by next sat, and that's great to hear! My stylist tells me to cowash in braids/plaits but I just had my hair straightened (flat ironed) last week and it's manageable...so will I wash out that 'manageability' if I co-wash in plaits?:lol::look:

My hair's suuuper thick...

I think I'm still confused on how you are going to wear your hair after you cowash it. If you cowash it then are you immediately getting extensions? or doing something else?

If your hair is braided, you shouldn't have any tangles you will just have shed hair. And as long as you remove the shed hair from each braid or section you should be fine.

I think I'm still confused on how you are going to wear your hair after you cowash it. If you cowash it then are you immediately getting extensions? or doing something else?

If your hair is braided, you shouldn't have any tangles you will just have shed hair. And as long as you remove the shed hair from each braid or section you should be fine.

Yes! :yep: After the cowash, the next day I go to the salon get the braid extensions...(points below to signature) That look if it helps lol! :lol:

Okay! I just hate manipulating my natural hair because I feel like there's 1000 and one ways to hurt it!!

faithVA

Yes! :yep: After the cowash, the next day I go to the salon get the braid extensions...(points below to signature) That look if it helps lol! :lol:

Okay! I just hate manipulating my natural hair because I feel like there's 1000 and one ways to hurt it!!

Well you have to decide whether you feel better with her washing and detangling it or you. It will have to be washed before its braided so someone will have to manipulate it. And most naturals complain about the way salons rake through their hair. So you may feel better washing and detangling it yourself vs. letting her do it.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
CoCleansed tonight with: Silk Dreams "Whip My Hair"

Followed up with Claudie's Deep Conditioner to Cowash with after Protein Rx

Well you have to decide whether you feel better with her washing and detangling it or you. It will have to be washed before its braided so someone will have to manipulate it. And most naturals complain about the way salons rake through their hair. So you may feel better washing and detangling it yourself vs. letting her do it.

The story of my life is bolded right there. :nono: I'm tearing by the time she's done and in no way am I a wimp either! :lol:

Thanks for the advice! I'll detangle it myself, or get my cousin/sister to do it...they detangle like a dream and they owe me a few favors...under the table favors :lachen::lachen: lol I kid! :lachen::lachen:

faithVA

Finally got it in. Cowashed with Natures Gate Chamomile before I Dc'd. I don't think it came out to badly. Maybe my hair does like cowashing. Hopefully I can get my next cowash in during the middle of next week.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Applied Millcreek Biotin to dry hair
Cowashed with Donna Marie Miracle Detangler & Conditioner

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Is there a part 2 of this challenge yet?
If so, I need to join!
I am cowashing like crazy these days.
:yep:

bosswitch

bosswitch

I just moved here from the States a few months ago. I would love to meet new people. We could have a two person meetup :lol:.

I bought the Trader Joe conditioner from the store in Bellingham. I have not been able to shop here with the exaggerated prices and that 12% tax. Years in the US has ruined my ability to pay 12% tax AND double the price for anything so I have been schlepping to the US (Target, Trader Joe, Costco, mall) for monthly shopping, even groceries, and to pick up all the packages I mail there. It always amuses me that 75% the cars at these places have BC tags.

Ogoma

Lol that doesn't surprise me at all. I've always been meaning to go down to the States for shopping but I just never made it there ahaha. I usually just go to fill up on gas. I'll post in the meet-up board and see if anyone else wants to join us

Ogoma

Ogoma

Lol that doesn't surprise me at all. I've always been meaning to go down to the States for shopping but I just never made it there ahaha. I usually just go to fill up on gas. I'll post in the meet-up board and see if anyone else wants to join us

bosswitch I will look out for it. It will be great to meet some like-minded people.

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
Cowashed today and yesterday and followed up with the shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie and sealed with African 6 oil or whatever its called. I love cowashing

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Cosign the love of cowashing:yep: just finished cowashing myself with puritas and anding with AOHSR:grin: