2014 Deep Condition Challenge

faithVA

Applied my fenugreek paste for 1.5 hours. Then I DCd for 1 hour with AO Blue Chamomile mixed with AO Island Naturals. I was heavy handed with it but still didn't use it up.

HanaKuroi

I think I haven't used protein in a while. Odd for me! Millcreek keratin and Giovanni Nutrafix followed by either curl junkie curl rehab or bask cocoa treat or Darcy's dc.

I hour for the protein. A few hours for the moisturizing dc.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

mschristine

I'm here!!! Just did my first DC of the year. I've been super busy at work and this is the first time I've had energy to wash. I washed with Shea moisture retention shampoo and DCed with ORS hair masque under my heating cap for about 25 minutes. My hair soaked up all the conditioner! It feels so much better:)

cynd

Lazy day so I'm dcing under a plastic cap with garllic conditioner, trying to combat really bad breakage.

faithVA

faithVA how you are making your fenugreek paste?

I mixed a tea blend of a lot of different teas: chamomile, green tea, sage, rosemary, nettle, rosehip and something else. This blend more for the extra conditioning. I added about 1.5 cups of this tea, while hot to 3 tbsp of fenugreek. I then used an immersion blender to blend it and added more tea as needed. I was supposed to add oil but I forgot last week. I could have used more tea but it was ok. It is like a thick gel.

It rinsed out easily and I didn't have any particles that others speak about. I actually didn't take out my flat twist to rinse, so it worked pretty well.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Plan to do a protein DC after my vatika oil prepoo with AO GPB, then follow that up with a moisture DC with rhassoul clay.

HanaKuroi

I am going with Bask Cocoa Treat. I think it will stay in for two hours. My scalp hates being wet too long though. I haven't used the cocoa in a long time alone. I can't remember why I layered it. Hmmm... I am sure I will find out today. :)

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Pennefeather

Today I used Aphogee 2 min reconstructor, and decided to give Shea Moisture deep treatment mask a second chance. I used this two weeks ago for the first time, and was not happy with the results. It didn't seem to really moisturize my hair.

Today, I decided to add some olive oil into the conditioner. I still think that it is strange for the label to say add oil for more moisture. I feel that if you are selling a deep conditioner that is supposed to moisturize, then you should produce something that will impart as much moisture as possible. At any rate, I did add olive oil, combed through my hair, put on a plastic cap, and sat under the dryer for half hour.

At the end of the half hour, I didn't feel that it had helped my hair at all. In fact, I ended up rinsing the condition out in the shower and using Aussie 3 min because I didn't like the feel of my hair. Shea Moisture doesn't provide any slip to my hair. I find that very interesting since I am now using a shea butter that I make in my hair.

I think that I have given Shea Moisture a fair try by using it twice, so out it goes. (I'm probably trying to make room for the Darcy pumpkin conditioner that I keep reading about!)

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Deep conditioning w/ HV Vatika Frosting w/ plastic cap for a few hrs. Trying the oil DC to avoid my mini twists from unravelling

Last edited:

naturalagain2

Ended up adding two other things to my dc. I added Vatika Frosting and honey along with JBCO to the last of my MD Coconut Apricot Creme Condish. My hair feels so good and I just finished applying it. I'm under the dryer now and plan on rd'ing with heat for 30 mins.

Rozlewis

DC'd with Naturelle Grow's Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Cinnamon Deep Conditioner, Manuka Honey, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary Oil.

SweetlyCurly

I'm new and this is my first challenge. I DC weekly and I'll be trying these in my stash. Yesterday I DCed with shea moisture purification mask.

Tonto

Washed my hair on Wednesday so my next wash is on Tuesday or Monday -co wash-. I plan on using either TREsemmé naturals conditioner, Sitrinillah or Aussie moist 3 minutes deep conditioner.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Just washed my hair. Now DC'ing with Eden All Natural Deep Conditioner mixed with a few drops of silk amino acids.

This stuff is thick so not sure if I am loving it or not.

nmartin20

I am deep conditioning right now ORS Mayo under my therapy hair wrap. I wish I was at home under my steamer. Therapy hair wrap is more portable. I really enjoy using this product in my hair. Great slip!!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Fenugreek Sunday for me:yep: Ricebran oil infused with fenugreek and hibiscus powder under my defrosted fenugreek paste.

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
Hello All,
Thanks for adding my Nix08 and happy new year everyone. I have been missing for a minute but will never give up my ladies on this board! Checking in to say that I am up for this challenge.

I had a touch up (texturizer) yesterday, with a blow dry, trim and style so I wont be DCing until next week. My stylist said that my hair is way too dry (it is the truth) so I am trying to transition to products with more glycerine and less protein and will have to stock up on some DCs. The only ones that I have right now are Matrix Biolage and a DC from the Kerasoft line that my salon sells.

IronButterfly

Dc-ed an hour with BASK Whiskey Soak under heat cap followed by an hour moisturizing with a combo of YAM and Cocoa Bark. I wish I could eat my head...:lick:

CodeRed

Dryer deep conditioning w/tea spray/hydrolyzed collagen & silk amino acids spray/SSI Okra Reconstructor (with seaweed) on top. Will rinse that out later and sit under the dryer with: tea spray under HQS Peppermint DC mixed with seaweed & rice bran oil/grapeseed/msm mix.

chickory_bee

I used wen to cleanse my hair (for some reason, my scalp seemed to need it) and then applied my trusty food conditioners (avocado, heavy whipping cream, honey, grapeseed oil and banana) but left it in over night. In the morning, I rinsed, and applied a regular deep conditioner (random macadamia nut one just for the scent).

I am going to cut down my treatments because retwisting my hair is now taking a lot longer!