2014 Deep Condition Challenge

CodeRed

Doing a deep conditioning protein treatment... sprayed with hydrolyzed collagen/silk amino acid mix, tea spray and topped it off with SheScentIt Okra Reconstructor. Will leave this on for about an hour and then pour seaweed on my head and sit under the dryer some more/go to bed... first time trying this, not sure what it will do lol.

Cocoloves

Nix08 girl that coconut milk is the truth. A nice protein treatment. I mixed it with honey, coconut oil, and peppermint oil it smelled delicious! I went under the dryer for about 15 mins the let it sit on my hair fir another 10 mins. When I rinsed it out in warm water it was very stiff so l just put DB pumpkin seed condish on. My hair instantly got soft and back to normal but was much stronger and to the touch.
I had been worried about the breakage I've had since relaxing so last week I did aphogee 2 min it help but didn't stop it completely. This coconut milk treatment did t he trick. No little broken hairs in my hand so far. Coconut milk will be a staple!

Coconut milk made a difference for me today. I mixed coconut milk with AO HSR, grapeseed, broccoli, hempseed, peppermint and tea tree oils. It brought back the moisture and curl.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Cocoloves that mix sounds yummy! I still have several weeks before I bring coconut milk into rotation but you ladies certainly have me tempted:yep:

Cocoloves

Cocoloves that mix sounds yummy! I still have several weeks before I bring coconut milk into rotation but you ladies certainly have me tempted:yep:

It looked yummy. I made a little too much for once use. But I plan to use the rest this week as this winter has been tough on my hair already. Oh I forgot I used coconut oil but don't know if it made a difference.

CodeRed

Poured seaweed over my head... made it too thin :( Mixed it with some of my HQS Peppermint deep conditioner, grapeseed/rice bran oil/msm. Made a nice creamy mixture...will let it sit on overnight after I finish for an hour under the dryer so I can reap the benefits of the seaweed through my scalp... good to eat too :)

I would like to join this challenge! I'm trying to figure out how to make DCing work for me. Question: do any of you know a resource that lists protein DCs vs some moisturizing DCs on the market? I'd like to alternate.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Somehow I ran out of aowc without realizing:nono:
It's fenugreek Sunday:yep: I'm dc 'ing with my fenugreek paste and rice bran oil infused with fenugreek and hibiscus powder.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I would like to join this challenge! I'm trying to figure out how to make DCing work for me. Question: do any of you know a resource that lists protein DCs vs some moisturizing DCs on the market? I'd like to alternate.

:welcome: healthyhairdontcare:yep: I use mainly Aubrey conditioners to dc for moisture they have:
Honeysuckle Rose
White Camellia
Chamomile luxurious

Moisture with some protein:
Rosa Mosqueta

Protein:
GPB
Blue camomille
Island naturals

Another dc brand that I use is giovanni 50:50 which has some protein as well as their Deeper Moisture Conditioner which is mainly moisture too.

xu93texas

I'm DC (steaming) with SSI Riche Moisture Masque and KV oil.

Eta: I also did a post relaxer protein treatment with Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor prior to DC.

Last edited:

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
DC'd with HQS Honey Pineapple masque. My hair is a very happy camper! It's been behaving so well, it makes me want to DC more often! Let's see how long my infatuation lasts...

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Fenugreek paste honestly works wonders on my hair. I do it once a week....and each time I'm amazed at how good my hair feels. Makes me tempted to up that to twice a week.

toaster

Meant to make it a cowash but it ended up being a DC. Used Tresemme Naturals and Qhemet Moringa oil over black tea under my HotHead for about 45 minutes.

Really soft, strong hair as a result.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Used AO rose mosqueta yesterday on dry hair, 15 min under heat cap

kupenda

DCing on wet hair with HV Jardin oil followed by AOGPB and Aussie 3 minute. Under the dryer for 20 minutes and will let it cool while I do a little work around the house

:welcome: healthyhairdontcare:yep: I use mainly Aubrey conditioners to dc for moisture they have:
Honeysuckle Rose
White Camellia
Chamomile luxurious

Moisture with some protein:
Rosa Mosqueta

Protein:
GPB
Blue camomille
Island naturals

Another dc brand that I use is giovanni 50:50 which has some protein as well as their Deeper Moisture Conditioner which is mainly moisture too.

Nix08 thanks for the warm welcome and the list! I will be investigating these different products asap.

Right now I'm working with what I have and hoping for the best. I'm under my dryer with a mixture of lustrasilk cholesterol, HE hello hydration, sheabutter, honey, and castor oil.

curlyTisME

Deep conditioned last night with my last bit of AOGPB, now I plan on using my Annabelle's Perfect Blends chocolate mousse mask and AO HSR. Staples for sure. I put oil on dry hair then add my DC then more oil and a heat wrap! Perfect way to thoroughly moisturize my strands!

CodeRed

Poured seaweed over my head... made it too thin :( Mixed it with some of my HQS Peppermint deep conditioner, grapeseed/rice bran oil/msm. Made a nice creamy mixture...will let it sit on overnight after I finish for an hour under the dryer so I can reap the benefits of the seaweed through my scalp... good to eat too :)

This combo made my hair super soft and full of body :grin:

skyslady

This will keep me accountable so I will be using mostly my homemade DC's. My hair is loving yogurt/honey/EVOO right now so I'll dc tonight after work. I usually leave it in for about 45 mins. I'll get on track because my usual hair day is sunday.

Last edited:

CodeRed

@CodeRed, where did you get the seaweed from, is it in a liquid form or something?

Nix08 I bought some Dulse from the grocery store and instead of just blending it, I soaked it too long first so it ended up liquid when I blended it...It was good to mix with my DC though lol. Next time I'll just dip it in hot water for a few seconds like instructed... I can see a difference in my scalp too. Usually if I use light oils directly on my scalp for a deep conditioning then co-wash them out, I still get a little flaking. That's why I'm going to start using castor oil. But this time the only thing I did differently was seaweed and I got even less flaking... almost none at all.

KiLLaCarLi

Ok, I think I'm going to give up over night deep conditioning. I feel like the extra process doesn't really make any difference in my poor dry hair. Definitely will keep it on for a few hours but, no more overnight, too messy and uncomfortable and I can't even be sure it's that much more beneficial.
Anyways, I'm planning to order some AO and some mixed chicks for some more thorough products to add in the mix. I'm also interested in the Neutrogena DC and l'oreals, which have pretty darn good enough reviews for me to test the waters. I need something cuz seriously, I DC to death and my hair cannot tell a lick of difference :(
It always feels silky rinsing out but then the dryness is still my best friend. Lol, I feel like my hair is punishing me, btw I gave up my flatiron (for a year) in sept....

cutenss

Dc'ed yesterday with Ouidad 12 Minute and Komaza Protein Strengthener under my hot cap. Then followed up with L'Oreal Power Moisture Mask.

Satya_R

Rinsing out my AOHR Overnight DC right now. I plan on DC'ing weekly with AOHR and monthly with AOGPB for the next few months at least. I hope to start maintaining enough protein/moisture balance to drop down to bi-weekly treatments.

I really want to see if AOHR stopped performing as well for me because of the damage I accumulated before I cut all of my hair off...or because the formulation changed :( . It's been feeling ooookay so far. If it's the conditioner I'll be so bummed - I wouldn't know what to replace my fave HG condish with.