What is your deep conditioning process?

Onhergrind09

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?):
My favorite conditioners: AO HSR (moisture) AO WC, Right now I use a bunch of different things cause I'm trying to deplete my stash and generally reduce me PJ tendencies

2. Wet or dry hair:Damp hair (sprayed with distilled water).

3. Heat or no heat: (if with heat do you use a hooded dryer or steamer)
Heat via steamer or no heat for a saran wrap overnight DC

4. How long do you DC? 30 min plus

5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add? Usually, not. But when I do it's various conditioners.

6. How often do you DC? Once a week (almost always)

7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc? Texlaxed

*8. Why do you like this conditioner and corresponding method for your hair? I usually DC in a 3 tier method. I first apply my protein DC and layer my moist DC on top of it and then I seal with oil but lately I'm trying to DC without the 3rd tier. I use this method cause it's helping me retain length and maintain thick ends.

DominicanBrazilian82

simplyevanescent said:
1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner - moisture
2. Wet or dry hair: Wet
3. Heat or no heat: With heat under soft bonnet dryer
4. How long do you DC? 15 minutes
5. Do you add anything to your DC? No
6. How often do you DC? Once a week
7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc? Natural

*8. Why do you like this conditioner and corresponding method for your hair?
If there are anymore question suggestions, feel free to let me know.

The Alter Ego garlic conditioner has been the best conditioner I have used to date. It detangles my hair, moisturizes, and even adds a little strength. In my opinion it doesn't get any better than that!

Best conditioner! Love this!

EagleEyes85

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): ORS Replenishing Conditoner, Aussie Moist 3 minute miracle, Silk Element Megasilk Olive Moisturizing Treatment, Proclaim Argon Oil Intense Hydrating Masque
2. Wet or dry hair: Dry Hair mostly, I DC overnight, but sometimes I do it on wet hair after washing
3. Heat or no heat: no heat just my own body heat, if after wash hooded dryer

4. How long do you DC? all night , if after wash 45mins
5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add? Coconut oil, olive oil
6. How often do you DC? every time I wash once or twice a week
7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc? Relaxed

I find deep conditioning on dry hair leaves my hair more moisturized during my washes and gives it more time to penetrate my hair. The conditioners I like have great scents, great slip, and is a great balance of moisture and protein.

I am still open to trying new conditioners, but so far these are the ones I love.

Americka

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): Alter Ego Garlic Treatment (m); Palmer's Protein Pack (p)
2. Wet or dry hair: wet
3. Heat or no heat: heat cap
4. How long do you DC? W/heat 15 to 30 minutes; w/out heat 30 to 60 minutes
5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add? I add an egg to the Palmer's along w/ honey
6. How often do you DC? Once a week

*8. Why do you like this conditioner and corresponding method for your hair? AE gives incredible slip. I've tried DCing on dry hair, but it didn't work for me.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive

JBunnie

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): MoroccanOil Intense Hydrating Mask (moisture)
2. Wet or dry hair: Wet Hair
3. Heat or no heat: (if with heat do you use a hooded dryer or steamer) No heat as of now, except for when I go to the salon. But I expect to buy my steamer in August!
4. How long do you DC?: Usually 30 minutes, unless I'm sleepy and I dose off with my DC in my hair.
5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add?: Some honey and a few drops of MoroccanOil Treatment
6. How often do you DC?" Once a week when I do my full wash
7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc?: Natural
*8. Why do you like this conditioner and corresponding method for your hair?: The conditioner is truly moisturizing. I used to use the Organix brand renewing Moroccan Oil deep moisturizing treatment and I noticed the difference between the two products immediately. I prefer to do it on wet hair without heat because I find product absorbs into my hair better when wet and I'm afraid using my heating cap might dry my hair out when used in conjunction with a conditioner, hence why I'm waiting on my steamer so I can have some moist heat!

I have yet to find my favorite protein DC. For light protein I currently use Brazilian Tech by One 'n Only Deep Penetrating Conditioning Treatment. I have a Fekkai Protein RX PM Repair Strengthener I need to try. I have a list of other ones I want to try that I haven't purchased yet. I use a heating cap with my light protein treatment and I don't add anything. I switch between moisture and light protein every week in hopes of keeping my balance.
For intense protein I've tried the Aphogee 2 step once. I have a jar of Jamaican Black Castor Oil Protein treatment as well, just haven't used it yet. (I only use heavy protein after a style with direct heat and I decided not to use heat until I go back to the salon unless it is totally necessary so that will be sitting around for a while.) There is another heavy protein treatment I want to purchase and try but as I said I won't be using heavy protein for a while so I doubt I'll be finding my fave heavy protein treatment any time soon.

Last edited:

browneyedgrl

Okay everyone I wanna know everything about how you deep condition. So please, do share.

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): For the moment ORS replenishing and Lekair cholesterol.

2. Wet or dry hair: towel dried and damp

3. Heat or no heat: (if with heat do you use a hooded dryer or steamer)
I alternate with heat and no heat depending on how much time I have.

4. How long do you DC? With heat 15-30 minutes. Without heat I'll leave it on for 30-60 min and let body heat take over while I work out on the treadmill.

5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add? No

6. How often do you DC? Every 1-2 weeks.

They contain both protein and moisturizing ingredients and give my hair plenty of slip. I don't do pre poos and add things to my conditioner because I hate adding extra steps to my hair routine. I like keeping things simple.

Last edited: