What is your deep conditioning process?

MsDes

Okay everyone I wanna know everything about how you deep condition. So please, do share.

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?):
2. Wet or dry hair:
3. Heat or no heat: (if with heat do you use a hooded dryer or steamer)
4. How long do you DC?
5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add?
6. How often do you DC?
7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc?

*8. Why do you like this conditioner and corresponding method for your hair?
If there are anymore question suggestions, feel free to let me know.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using LHCF App

Last edited:

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): I have 2. Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Cream & Silk Dreams Shea What. 1st is Moisture, 2nd Protein.
2. Wet or dry hair: Wet
3. Heat or no heat: (if with heat do you use a hooded dryer or steamer) Heat, hooded dryer.
4. How long do you DC? 1 hr
5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add? Oils and rinse out conditioners.
6. How often do you DC? 1-2x weekly.
7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc? Texlaxed.

RegaLady

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): Aubrey Organics WC and HSR(moisture), ORS(protein) seal with EVOO
2. Wet or dry hair: damp hair
3. Heat or no heat: Heat
4. How long do you DC? 30-45 min
5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add? n/a
6. How often do you DC? Once every one or two weeks
7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc? natural

Diva_Esq

Great thread, OP!!

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): Joico Moisture Recovery Balm (moisture) or Affirm 5 in 1 (protein)
2. Wet or dry hair: varies...mostly wet. After a twistout, dry before detangling.
3. Heat or no heat: (if with heat do you use a hooded dryer or steamer): Varies...sometimes dryer, sometimes sauna at gym, sometimea overnight or while working out with body hwat.
4. How long do you DC? 45 mins to overnight
5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add? Occasionally EVOO and honey.
6. How often do you DC? 7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc? Natural

greenandchic

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): It depends on what my hair needs. In terms of protein, I like Aubrey Organics GPB. For moisture, it varies.

3. Heat or no heat: (if with heat do you use a hooded dryer or steamer) No heat

4. How long do you DC? It varies. Anywhere between 20 minutes to 4 fours. For instance, today I had to go to an appointment at 8:00. I still had henna in my hair when I woke up and didn't have time to do the whole shebang. I rinsed the henna out, slapped on a DC, processing cap and my beret and was out the door!

5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add? Sometimes I blend butters, oils, honey, banana, yogurt, avocados, molasses with regular conditioners to make them a DC. :lick:

6. How often do you DC? I try to do it weekly.

7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc? Natural

InBloom

In my new-growth
1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): new favorite is Alterna Caviar mositure
2. Wet or dry hair: wet
3. Heat or no heat: (if with heat do you use a hooded dryer or steamer) sometimes with and sometimes without
4. How long do you DC? always at least an hour
5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add? depending on my mood, maybe oils, or SAA, but usually always with peppermint EO
6. How often do you DC? 2 or 3 times per week always
7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc? relaxed - lye

Ann0804

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): Miss Jessies Supersweet back treatment- lite protein2. Wet or dry hair: Wet
3. Heat or no heat: No heat
4. How long do you DC? 2-3 hours
5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add? No, the product is so rich there is no need to add anything to it.6. How often do you DC? weekly
7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc? I'm Natural

hair4romheaven

Aowc (moisture) aogpb (protein)
2. Wet or dry hair:
Aowc wet hair aogpb on dry hair sometimes
Steamer
4. How long do you DC?
30-45min w/ both
Aowc mixed w/ wgo, jbco or avocado oil aogpb w/ egg 1x a month
6. How often do you DC?
1x a week in spring & summer biweekly in winter & fall
Natural

Sent from my HTC Sensation using LHCF App[/QUOTE]

Sent from my PC36100

darlingdiva

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): Aubrey Organics Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner (It's moisture-protein balanced)

2. Wet or dry hair: Dry hair

3. Heat or no heat: (if with heat do you use a hooded dryer or steamer): Sometimes I use the home grown steam treatment, but most of the time, I just put a bag on my hair & leave it on while I do errands (usually for about an hour)

4. How long do you DC? About an hour if I have to do errands; about 15 minutes if I don't have to do errands

5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add? I usually apply hempseed oil or avocado oil on top of the conditioner, but the wonderful thing about AO GPB is that, for my hair, it can also do the job all by itself

6. How often do you DC? I try to at least do it every two weeks
7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc?Natural

HautePinkHeels

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): Silicon Mix recently became my hg and I love it. I think it's both moisture and protein but I haven't really checked.

2. Wet or dry hair: Dry hair that has been detangled with grapeseed or olive oil.

3. Heat or no heat (if with heat do you use a hooded dryer or steamer): No heat.

4. How long do you DC? For as long as I feel. An hour minimum.

5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add? Nope, unless we're counting the oil that's already in my hair before I apply the Silicon Mix.

6. How often do you DC? Weekly, sometimes more.

7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc? Naturale!

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Okay everyone I wanna know everything about how you deep condition. So please, do share.

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose - Moisture / Aubrey Organics GPB - Protein
2. Wet or dry hair: Both! But lately, I've been coating my dry hair (with build up from natural products).
3. Heat or no heat: STEAMER :lick:
4. How long do you DC?: Minimum of 45 minutes; generally, over an hour.
5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add?: Sometimes I pre-poo with an oil.
6. How often do you DC?: Every other, to every three weeks, depending on my hair style.
7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc?: Natural.

Mische

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): Shescentit Avocado conditioner for moisture, Shescentit Okra reconstructor for protein.
2. Wet or dry hair: Wet but no longer dripping
3. Heat or no heat: (if with heat do you use a hooded dryer or steamer) I prefer to use heat but usually don't have a hooded dryer on wash day.
4. How long do you DC? If I do use heat I stay under for 30 minutes and without heat I'll let it sit for 1 hour.
5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add? I can't be bothered with all that. If I gotta spike it with other stuff to get excellent results, it's not for me.
6. How often do you DC? Once a week.
7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc? Happily relaxed.

abcd09

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): Humecto (Keracare) and Humective (Nu Expressions)
2. Wet or dry hair: WET!
3. Heat or no heat: (if with heat do you use a hooded dryer or steamer) I use heat for an hour (hooded dryer), then any time after that is with no heat.
4. How long do you DC? 1 -2 hours
5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add? No, BUT I mix the two conditioners above together by first applying Humecto, then Humective and then sitting under the dryer with a cap. It REALLY makes my hair moist and soft. I recommended this to my sister and she told me she is SO glad I told her about this.
6. How often do you DC? 2x a week, anytime I get my hair wet. there's no such thing as 5 min conditioning with my hair.
7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc? Relaxed.

MsDes you should add "8. Why do you like this conditioner and corresponding method for your hair?" to your questions! :yep:

Last edited:

Poopiedo

Moisture: AO Honeysuckle Rose and Freshair Basics Deep Treatment Masque

Protein: AO GPB

2. Wet or dry hair:
Wet

Heat with my beloved steamer

4. How long do you DC?
One hour

I don't add anything

6. How often do you DC?
I try weekly but it doesn't always happen.

Relaxed

PJaye

Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?):
Shescentit Banana Brulee Moisturizing Conditioner/ORS Replenishing Conditioner (moisture + some protein)

Wet or dry hair:
Damp

Heat or no heat: (if with heat do you use a hooded dryer or steamer)
Heat - hooded dryer

How long do you DC?
For 30 minutes under the dryer, with an additional hour afterward

Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add?
Multiple oils, especially almond, sesame, castor, hemp seed and pumpkin seed

How often do you DC?
Once every 7-10 days

Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc?
Natural

4evershika

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): I don't have one! Anything mixed with Hemp Seed Oil is what my hair has been loving.
2. Wet or dry hair: On shampoo day, wet. On co-was day, dry.
3. Heat or no heat: (if with heat do you use a hooded dryer or steamer): Heat; steamer
4. How long do you DC?: If under the steamer, 20 mins. If under the hooded dryer, 30-40 mins. If no heat, hours.
5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add?: Oils... mainly hemp seed oil or Wheat Germ oil.
6. How often do you DC?: 1-2 times weekly... EVERY SINGLE SHAMPOO!
7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc? relaxed.

Brownie518

For moisture - CD Black Vanilla Smoothie (with bask Cacao a close second)
On dry hair - Motions CPR

2. Wet or dry hair:
Both

Nornally without heat, but the past few weeks, I've been sitting under the
dryer with a cap on

4. How long do you DC?
At least 1 hour

Sometimes I'll add a bit of oils to my DC, usually a blend with some
ceramides.

6. How often do you DC?
I DC at every wash, so usually twice a week.

Relaxed

CurlsBazillion

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): Aussie 3min miracle Moist w/honey, molasses, and after application sealed with a ceramide oil (protein/moisture balance) (this is all until my curlmart order comes in)
2. Wet or dry hair: slightly damp
3. Heat or no heat: (if with heat do you use a hooded dryer or steamer) heat, hooded dryer
4. How long do you DC? 30mins under dryer + hours while hanging around the house, every now and again over night
5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add? Always add honey, and when my hair tries to start breaking I add molasses
6. How often do you DC? weekly or biweekly

Curlykale

Moisture, AO White Camellia. I haven't used protein in months and my hair is happier than before. Every once in a while I now use Aubrey GPB for 10 minutes on dry hair before shampoo if I need a boost.

2. Wet or dry hair:
Lightly dampened with aloe juice and water

No heat, plastic cap. Sometimes kitchen foil underneath.

4. How long do you DC?

From 30 min to 3 hours.

Always. I use cheap conditioners or good natural conditioners as a base. I dampen my hair with aloe juice and water first (I never skip the aloe juice). I add a little bit of many different oils (love castor, coconut and wheat germ for this purpose), agave, melted butters, sometimes cocoa powder.
If I have nothing at home, aloe juice and coconut oil.

6. How often do you DC?
Weekly if I'm good, every 2-3 weeks if I'm bad. When I'm bad, I bun with aloe juice and a little oil daily and my hair doesn't suffer (I just have less fun with it but it keeps strong and soft).

Natural.

NikkiQ

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): Miss Jessie's Rapid Recovery, CJ Curl Rehab and SE Mega Moisture Treatment
2. Wet or dry hair: Mostly on wet hair on wash day
3. Heat or no heat: (if with heat do you use a hooded dryer or steamer) Hmm...technically heat. I use my body heat. I put on a conditioning cap, satin bonnet, bandana, and then a really snug skully to keep all the heat in.
4. How long do you DC? for an hour or more.
5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add? Good ol' Hot 6 Oil :giggle:
6. How often do you DC? Try to do so once a week, but depends on when I get the urge to shampoo.
7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc? Natural :yep:

FoxxyLocs

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): moisture - AOHSR or Suave coconut + castor oil + argan oil + safflower oil + aloe vera juice + water. For protein I add an egg.

2. Wet or dry hair: usually wet. sometimes dry if I'm being lazy.

3. Heat or no heat: (if with heat do you use a hooded dryer or steamer) Once a month with a steamer. Otherwise no heat.

4. How long do you DC? 30-45 min under steamer, 1 hr with no heat

5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add? see above

6. How often do you DC? 2-3x/month

7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc? natural

blackpearl81

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): LeKair Cholesterol with Olive Oil
3. Heat or no heat: Heat, conditioning cap
4. How long do you DC? 30 min,
5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add? Sometimes honey or EVOO
6. How often do you DC? 1x/week
7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc? Texlaxed

ThickRoot

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): Oyin Honey Hemp, KBB Luscious Locks, Bask Cacao Bark. Using the KBB or the Bask once a month, the Oyin weekly.
2. Wet or dry hair:Dry
3. Heat or no heat: (if with heat do you use a hooded dryer or steamer) No heat. Plastic cap and then a winter hat over that.
4. How long do you DC? 45 mins to an hour
5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add? No
6. How often do you DC? Once a week
7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc? Relaxed

sylver2

moisture-cycle between audrey hso, ntm ddc, kc humectant

2. Wet or dry hair: wet

both, steam with saran wrap in bathtub, then additional heating under dryer

4. How long do you DC?45 mins

5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add? yes manuka honey, oils, saa

6. How often do you DC?
twice a month

7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc? relaxed

missjones

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): Mixed Silk (moisture)
3. Heat or no heat: (if with heat do you use a hooded dryer or steamer) No heat
4. How long do you DC? Usually overnight
5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add? Not to the Mixed silk, but to ORS (replenishing conditioner and olive oil dc) I'll add evco or evoo
6. How often do you DC? Once a week

Ronnieaj

For moisture, it varies but I always get good results with AO WC. For protein, depends on strength of protein, but Mega-tek works well for me.

3. Heat or no heat: (if with heat do you use a hooded dryer or steamer): heat. I use a hooded dryer for the protein and steamer for moisture.

4. How long do you DC? 20-30 minutes

5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add?: I have an oil mix that I add to my moisture DCs.

6. How often do you DC? 1x/week

Prudent1

@MsDes,

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): Well, I have one from each category:look:. Moisture- Joico k-pak Moisture Balm
Protein- ORS
Reconstructor (best of both)- RenPure Amazing Miracle Deep Penetrating

2. Wet or dry hair: Wet-Tried dry several times. Just was not that impressed with the results on my hair.

3. Heat or no heat: (if with heat do you use a hooded dryer or steamer)Both. If heat +cap+ both bonnet and hooded dryers. Sometimes steam using towel method during colder months especially.
If no heat usually + cap overnight (1st choice) or minimum of 2 hours (2nd choice):yep:.

4. How long do you DC? Oops see #3:spinning:

I have recently started adding oil since my sister in law swears by adding them to hers. Rarely will add honey. Will experiment with Rhassoul clay soon.

6. How often do you DC? Usually twice a week.

7. Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed...etc? 90% natural:grin: gradually trimming ends.

*8. Why do you like this conditioner and corresponding method for your hair? Trial and error. These are the products/ combos that have worked for me over the past few years.:gorgeous:
ETA which kind of oils-hemp, walnut, mostly ceramides.

Last edited:

tiffjust2002

1. Favorite DC (is it moisture or protein?): My hair loves Aussie Moist 3 Min Miracle
3. Heat or no heat: (if with heat do you use a hooded dryer or steamer) No heat just a plastic cap and the steam from my hot shower is that heat? LOL
4. How long do you DC? 15-20 min
5. Do you add anything to your DC? What do you add? Nope, it's great all by itself although a friend suggested adding oil, honey and something else but I forgot lol
6. How often do you DC? once a week
*8. Why do you like this conditioner and corresponding method for your hair?
I tried a bunch of different DC's with with heat, without heat and I've gotten the best results with this particular brand, my hair is extra soft afterward :)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
DC twice a Week.

Protein (under dryer)
Moisture (under steamer)

Relaxed

I use various Moisture & Protein Deep Conditioners

Right now I'm using Marie Dean Deep Conditioners

I do not mix anything i.e. Oils and/or Powders in my DC'ers