2014 Deep Condition Challenge

HanaKuroi

Ms_CoCo37 said:
HanaKuroi, if you don't mind my asking what is this plcp/ploclp method you speak of? :)

:) pomade, lotion, cream, pomade =plcp
pomade, lotion, oil, lotion, pomade = ploclp

The L can be any liquid, but I use a hair lotion/milk.

I am currently using Oyin Handmade berries pomade, Oyin Handmade Hair Dew, Bask Tapioca, Oyin berries pomade. I had moist hair for days and the current temp is 11f.

Somehow putting the pomade on first works.

My hair is smooth and bouncy. I make sure each section has been covered. Almost like shingling. I am also tucking my ends in. The stray tendrils are still moisturized and bouncy even though they have been exposed to the elements.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

KiLLaCarLi

I can do this as my first challenge on the site!!
I'm trying to DC 2x/week, with hooded dryer and overnight
Protein every 6 weeks
At the moment I mix my own, with conditioner, oil & honey or else aloe Vera and oil, but I am badly in need of a real DC product for more options, so if you ladies could mention prices and where to find your faves, I would sure appreciate that
My goal is to retain moisture better, and I need to secure my routine as far as the days and staying on schedule..

veesweets

IDareT'sHair

Bottle. I tried it for the first time right after she switched from the jars, but she really needs to switch it back. This stuff is too thick for a bottle :nono: I need to find an empty jar so I can transfer it

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Bottle. I tried it for the first time right after she switched from the jars, but she really needs to switch it back. This stuff is too thick for a bottle :nono: I need to find an empty jar so I can transfer it

veesweets

I find myself doing this a lot with Certain Products.:perplexed

And I cut the Bottle(s) open and Scrap them out too.

Well at least it doesn't sound like the Performance has changed?:yep:

Last edited:

veesweets

I don't think I've seen anyone notice a performance change? I hope not. I love how it makes my hair feel, but if it was even better before then I would feel a little sad that I didn't get to experience it lol

IDareT'sHair

ajluvshair

My hair and scalp has been so dry due to the cold, harsh weather. I washed my hair with Shea Moisture Black Soap shampoo and deep conditioned with the last drop of Shea Moisture Restorative mixed it Arbonne FC5 Daily Nourishing Conditioner. My scalp feels soothed and moisturized and my hair is so soft.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
veesweets

I thought for sure it would lose some of it's delicious delightfulness when it went from Jar to Bottle. :lick:

That's why I tried to Haul those Jars after the switch.

Several companies had marked them down to make room for the "bottles" and offered them at a discount.:look:

This gives me hope, to go ahead and try the Bottle. After I finish the Jars.:grin:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Deep conditioned with Megatek (30 mins with heat) then 20 mins with Oyin Honey Hemp

CityGirlLuv

I've been looking for this to join. Ill be using Aubrey Organics GPB. Ill do my first deep conditioning for the year tonight.

MrsTimberlake

I'm in again this year :yep: I'm currently doing my first DC of 2014 using SD Vanilla Silk. It's making me hungry for a cupcake!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Rozlewis

Just DC'd for 30 minutes using steam with Marie Dean's Coffee and Kokum DC, Manuka Honey, Peppermint, Rosemary, and Avocado Oil. This mixture left my hair feeling strong and moisturized. It was tangle free and easy to comb.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I did an overnight dc with Aubrey chamomile, blue camomile on my ends with my ayurvedic blend over top. This morning I added giovanni 50:50. Then steamed it all in for 20 minutes.

Welcome new challengers:welcome: We are glad to have you:yep:

Note to myself: less product gives me a nicer dc:yep:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Sitting under the dryer with Komaza Protein Strengthener. Will follow up with Aubrey HSR under the steamer.

naturalagain2

Nix08 girl that coconut milk is the truth. A nice protein treatment. I mixed it with honey, coconut oil, and peppermint oil it smelled delicious! I went under the dryer for about 15 mins the let it sit on my hair fir another 10 mins. When I rinsed it out in warm water it was very stiff so l just put DB pumpkin seed condish on. My hair instantly got soft and back to normal but was much stronger and to the touch.
I had been worried about the breakage I've had since relaxing so last week I did aphogee 2 min it help but didn't stop it completely. This coconut milk treatment did t he trick. No little broken hairs in my hand so far. Coconut milk will be a staple!

IronButterfly

Dc'd for an hour or so with Mozeke Protein carrot condish under plastic cap and heat cap followed with DB Pumpkin Seed Moisturizing condish for 20 min.