2014 Deep Condition Challenge

naturalagain2

Did a dry DC today before cowashing with Aussie Moist 3 min/AOHSR/Vatika oil using the relaxer method. Second time doing this on dry hair as a dc/prepoo I like this mix. Detangled very well.

nmartin20

Prepooed with cheap conditioner and grape seed oil

Washed my hair with Shea Moisture Black Shampoo (I think that's what it is called) pretty good

Rozlewis

Dc'ing with MD's Seaweed and Rice DC, Porosity Control, Avocado oil, Peppermint, Rosemary, and Eucalyptus oil.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Was experiencing breakage after this first lye relaxer on my virgin hair. So Wednesday, i did a homemade protein deep conditioner of eggs and mayo. Left this on for 15 minutes and rinsed with cool water. Followed this up with Pantene classic conditioner. Zero breakage now ya'll. Love it. :clapping: This worked faster then my Aphogee 2 minute keratin treatment! :huh:

So ladies, i have a question. Should the next deep conditioning treatment i do tomorrow be a moisturizing DC or Protein DC?

Lilmama1011

Was experiencing breakage after this first lye relaxer on my virgin hair. So Wednesday, i did a homemade protein deep conditioner of eggs and mayo. Left this on for 15 minutes and rinsed with cool water. Followed this up with Pantene classic conditioner. Zero breakage now ya'll. Love it. :clapping: This worked faster then my Aphogee 2 minute keratin treatment! :hmmm:

So ladies, i have a question. Should the next deep conditioning treatment i do tomorrow be a moisturizing DC or Protein DC?

I would do moisturizing

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Lilmama1011 Ooooh you gotta try it! That stuff is amazing and leaves the hair so soft its not even funny :grin: i purchased this at the beauty supply go figure! It does have mineral oil in the ingredients list but its like 5 or 6. Give it try :)

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Lilmama1011 i haven't tried that one but i have tried other Dominican products and this silicon mix takes the cake for me. :weird: The silicon mix is a staple for me as i have gotten rid of the Shea Moisture Shea Butter Masque and the Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Baobab Anti-Breakage Masque. i used these two masques for over a year and then came across Silicon Mix and loved it :love:

Joigirl

Dc'd with SD Shea What for the first time. My hair was extra soft and moisturized. A definite repurchase later in the year. Now I see what the hype is about.

lovelycurls

Dc'd with
Coconut water
Shea moisture monoi masque
Peppermint and clary sage e.o
Grapeseed oil

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using LHCF

toaster

Under my HotHead with It's a 10 DC and coconut oil on top. I didn't feel like steaming today. I hope my hair doesn't revolt.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I need to do one of these. . Or at the very least get a good dc in this week.

ForumRunner_20140506_214333.jpg

Last edited:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Will use Ingredients to Die for Organicals Deep Conditioning Creme followed by Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm.