2014 Deep Condition Challenge

Got home really early today, so after working out I decided to slip in a quick DC session with Giovanni Smooth As Silk.

DCing on dry hair with shea moisture noni monoi masque. Will follow up with a mix of hairveda sitrinillah, silk dreams razz, and raw honey

I washed my hair, applied my henna gloss (over night lazy) deep conditioned with Jessicurl DWT (2hrs) and sit under my steamer (45min) LOVED IT! I applied my oil mixture to my length, oiled my scalp with almond glaze, Belnouvo's Avocado & Shea Hair Milk (leave in) and their CoCo Castor Pudding(styler). Y'all OMG! I was able to detangle with the hair milk and it smiled awesome!! Coco Castor Pudding is very nice and has a good smell as well. It gave my hold soft/medium hold. I put my hair in several medium twists. BAM!!! This is my first impression of Belnouvo's line and I'm pleased right now.

Overnight DC with oils, Aubrey GPB all over, Aubrey island naturals on my ends and Giovanni 50:50 over top it all.

Under heat cap with Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment. It felt good going in. It was thick, but surprisingly easy to apply.

ETA: This made my hair hard for some reason.

Last edited:
Did a 1 hour prepoo with coconut oil and Jason's Biotin Conditioner. Now doing a 1 hour DC with It's a 10 DC and coconut oil.

I did my usual Millcreek botanicals keratin with Giovanni nutrafix on top for an hour or so. I did a moisturizing dc with CJ curl rehab and I2die4 layered on the ends for extra slip.

I am going to have to start dc'ing more often now that the weather is hot. Between the heat, the sun and working out my hair will need extra love. The water here is also hard so I will need to use distilled water as my final rinse and clarify more often.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

I didn't DC last weekend because I traveled home to visit my Mom for Mother's Day. Given how much time I usually like to DC, I don't see how I can make time for it on a work night, so I'll be heavy sealing and hiding my hair under a faux bun this week. This weekend I have a henna treatment scheduled, so I want to make sure my hair is prepared and not already dried out. :/

Going to clarify with apple cider vinegar rinse and deep condition with tresemme naturals mixed with Africa's best oil and Honey

I'm soooo excited y'all! I mixed up a concoction of pure deliciousness tonight. Used some of my favorite deep conditioners together.

Used some QH cholesterol creme (2 spoonfuls)
CON intensive repair treatment (1/3 cup)
GVP biolage conditioning balm (1/3 cup)
ORS replenishing pak (1 package)
And a table spoon of castor oil!

When I tell y'all my hair instantaneously responded well. I'm gonna leave it in for 45 minutes without heat this time and use heat next week when I DC. I'll compare the results. Who would have thought my favorite DCs would create such greatness! *cheesing*

Decided to revisit something I used in the beginning of my hair journey. I don't know if it worked because I was using everything. I am using Oyin honey hemp conditioner as a DC. I bought the liter for cowashing but I decided to slap some on my dry hair when I opened my package. It sure weighed my hair down. I'll leave it in for a few hours.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

DCing with AOHSR
And I am trying to get in the habit of prepooing with coconut oil to avoid hygral fatigue since I generally let my hair air dry.

The 2x/wk DC is pretty much on auto pilot for the rest of my first year on my HHJ.

Back