2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
KiWiStyle said:
My henna and bamboo leaf tea arrived today!!! Sipping on my tea right now, no sweetener added and it tastes so good and smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Please let us know how your henna turns out. I want your recipe, too! I don't want much, do I? LOL

Cattypus1 said:
Please let us know how your henna turns out. I want your recipe, too! I don't want much, do I? LOL

cattypus2
No, not much at all, lol. I mixed my henna tonight:

100g Jamila henna
2 TBSP organic Alma
Warm distilled water

Mix and add:
.30g Indigo
Distilled water

I'll mix and add the indigo in the morning and apply it immediately. I'm doing a ratio of 2 parts henna to 1 part indigo. I don't want red or black hair. Wish me luck!!

Loving said:
Anyone here ever tried the Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream? What's your take on it?

I've used it twice and it didn't do too much for me. Maybe because I had set my expectations too high. Co-washing tonight and going to DC with Vanilla Silk. I will let you know if the third time is the charm :)

Cattypus1 said:

Cattypus1,

I did my henndigo treatment today and it turned out PERFECT! The color is exactly as I wanted, as close to my natural color as possible.

image-3143620397.jpg

image-636867313.jpg

image-2885541741.jpg

I relaxed one day short of my 9 week goal but im still gonna reach for 10 weeks next time.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using LHCF

KiWiStyle said:
Cattypus1,

I did my henndigo treatment today and it turned out PERFECT! The color is exactly as I wanted, as close to my natural color as possible.

So pretty. I'm jealous. I've ordered my henna, et.al. the other day. I can't wait.

KiWiStyle said:
I can't wait to see how yours turn out!!

How long did it take to get yours? How long did you let it cure for the color release before application? How long did you leave yours on? I don't have many questions, do I? :)

Cattypus1 said:
Cattypus1,
How long did it take to get yours? How long did you let it cure for the color release before application? How long did you leave yours on? I don't have many questions, do I? :)

It took longer to receive mine because I ordered while they were on vacation but after that, it took about a week to get it.

I followed the package instructions and allowed 12 hours for color release and let it sit for 6 hours. After mixing it, be sure to cover it with plastic wrap, cover the mix by placing the wrap directly onto the mix (not your container) and pat down so not to leave air inside. I read somewhere that if air hits during color release, the color won't release fully. I don't know how true this is.

KiWiStyle said:
It took longer to receive mine because I ordered while they were on vacation but after that, it took about a week to get it.

I followed the package instructions and allowed 12 hours for color release and let it sit for 6 hours. After mixing it, be sure to cover it with plastic wrap, cover the mix by placing the wrap directly onto the mix (not your container) and pat down so not to leave air inside. I read somewhere that if air hits during color release, the color won't release fully. I don't know how true this is.

Thank you so much. Again, you've been great! How many buddies do you have? Interested in one more? I'm six weeks post on my first Texlax. My last stretch was about half a week shy of 16 weeks. I'm planning on going to December 8 which would make 20 weeks...longest stretch ever! What are your hair plans, if you care to share?

KhandiB I did my T/U but didn't take any pics. I was becoming hair obsessed and didn't like it. As such, I decided not to take any pics this time around. I will for my next T/U though. That will be in November and it will make one year since I relaxed and started my hair journey!

Loving - Thats why I didnt post pics last time, I will take some this week after relaxing, tomorrow.. So excited!! a few days before 8 weeks, but Im dyin ova hea!

KhandiB I did my T/U but didn't take any pics. I was becoming hair obsessed and didn't like it. As such, I decided not to take any pics this time around. I will for my next T/U though. That will be in November and it will make one year since I relaxed and started my hair journey!

I'm 12 weeks post, I'm going for as long as I can stand it. My record is 40 weeks. my new growth got mean. it grabbed my relaxed hair curled around it & wouldn't let go!.... it was taking hours to comb out.

this strecth I won't continue w cornrows... & I will wash & DC every 2 or 3 weeks....
this may help w tangling. we will see.
anybody at 12 or 14 weeks?

karenjoe said:
I'm 12 weeks post, I'm going for as long as I can stand it. My record is 40 weeks. my new growth got mean. it grabbed my relaxed hair curled around it & wouldn't let go!.... it was taking hours to comb out.

this strecth I won't continue w cornrows... & I will wash & DC every 2 or 3 weeks....
this may help w tangling. we will see.
anybody at 12 or 14 weeks?

I'm currently in my 11th week. 40 weeks!!! Super inspired! Thanks!

Cattypus1 said:
Thank you so much. Again, you've been great! How many buddies do you have? Interested in one more? I'm six weeks post on my first Texlax. My last stretch was about half a week shy of 16 weeks. I'm planning on going to December 8 which would make 20 weeks...longest stretch ever! What are your hair plans, if you care to share?

cattypus,
I have no idea if my buddies are still on my relaxer schedule. I would love to be buddies!! I'll be 5 weeks post this Thursday and plan to do a 16-24 week stretch, depending on how well my hair does.

To all my buddies (y'all know who you are...LOL!!:lachen: ). This weekend will be 3 weeks post. Looking forward to the looooonnngggg stretch towards the December 22nd relaxer!!:yep:

baddison said:
To all my buddies (y'all know who you are...LOL!!:lachen: ). This weekend will be 3 weeks post. Looking forward to the looooonnngggg stretch towards the December 22nd relaxer!!:yep:

baddison
Are we still buddies?? I certainly hope so, how many weeks post are you??

@shortdub78 long time no see! How are u doing?

Loving
Preggers! :lol: it is kicking my butt! i'm 3 months now. i haven't been wanting to do anything to my hair lately, but i am trying to get back in gear. i have been blowing drying my hair, and it was starting to take a toll. so i am back to roller setting. i am going to try to stretch my relaxer until October. if i go back to the rolling and flat ironing the roots, i think i can make until then.

thanks for checking on me! how is your relaxed hhj going?

shortdub78 :clapping::dance7::band2:

Congrats girl! Hope you have a safe and happy delivery! I really don't know a thing about being pregnant and hair care but I'm sure LHCF can help you out on that one!

I'm doing fine...still keeping it simple. Trying not to get hair obsessed. I got a T/U on Saturday and didn't even bother to take a picture. :grin:

Keep in touch!

@baddison
Are we still buddies?? I certainly hope so, how many weeks post are you??

KiWiStyle ; We should still be buddies. I relaxed on Aug. 18th....so this weekend (Sept 8th) make it 3 weeks post. Next relaxer is December 22nd for me....about 4 months. If you're relaxing again around that time in December, then we're buddies!! We can cheer each other on as the NG begins to get beastly in the coming weeks.:yep:

I'm in the midst of relocating and have been neglecting my hair ... things have been crazy. I'm at the salon right now for a TU. Would've stretched longer but wanted to get my hair done right before I move.

I'll be back on track soon! I haven't forgotten about my buddies :)

shortdub78 said:
Loving
Preggers! :lol: it is kicking my butt! i'm 3 months now. i haven't been wanting to do anything to my hair lately, but i am trying to get back in gear. i have been blowing drying my hair, and it was starting to take a toll. so i am back to roller setting. i am going to try to stretch my relaxer until October. if i go back to the rolling and flat ironing the roots, i think i can make until then.

thanks for checking on me! how is your relaxed hhj going?

Congrats, Short. In some of your last posts you seemed a little down about your hair...now I understand why:). Hang in there it'll get better. Again, congratulations.

KiWiStyle said:
cattypus,
I have no idea if my buddies are still on my relaxer schedule. I would love to be buddies!! I'll be 5 weeks post this Thursday and plan to do a 16-24 week stretch, depending on how well my hair does.

Awesome, we are almost on the same schedule (about a week difference). I was 6 weeks on Saturday the 2nd. I'm planning to go 20 weeks to December 8 if I can make it. I'm looking forward to this stretch and thanks to you, I have some tools to help me get through it. I'm in, we're officially buddies.

baddison said:

baddison - hole up! What's this December 22 business?? I thought were relaxing on December 15. Don't be adding extra days and stuff! :lol:

I'm enjoying only having a spec of newgrowth! :grin:

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

@baddison - hole up! What's this December 22 business?? I thought were relaxing on December 15. Don't be adding extra days and stuff! :lol:

I'm enjoying only having a spec of newgrowth! :grin:

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

sunnieb...
LOLLLOLLL....girl you crack me up!!:lachen::lachen:

Gonna be on a cruise from Dec 2nd - Dec 9th. Means my henna gets pushed to Dec. 15.... means my relaxer gets pushed to Dec. 22nd.

LOLLLOOLLLL.....you FAST on your FEET, tho...:lachen:

I hate the week right after I get my T/U. My hair is just flat. I love the freshly relaxed roots but I miss the body. I usually don't get back the full body of my hair until Week 3. Am I the only one?

If not how do you get the full body right after touching up?

Loving said:
I hate the week right after I get my T/U. My hair is just flat. I love the freshly relaxed roots but I miss the body. I usually don't get back the full body of my hair until Week 3. Am I the only one?

If not how do you get the full body right after touching up?

I used to have this problem when I used Soft & Beautiful, Gentle Treatment and various other relaxer systems. But since finding Linange, I get relaxed roots and body!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back