HAIR BUDDY for 2011 // WANT ONE?

sj10460

Don't Come for me unless I send for you!
Sure, Why not? I def. need support staying on top of my hair journey.
Hair Type: NATURAL - 4A/3C
Hair Length: SL
Goals: BSL
Issues: Sticking with Regi, taking vits, playing wit my hair, split ends:sad:

ETA: Pics, sorry these are the only ones I have right now.

Attachments

• Solostar2.JPG
    Solostar2.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 27
  • solostar.JPG
    solostar.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

afrofaithful

I want a hair buddy too!
Hair type: Honestly IDK...I'll post some pics and let me know! I'm thinking 4a/b though.
Hair length: Inching past collarbone (a little longer than shoulder) :)
Goals: APL by the end of the year. Long term: BSL
Issues: split ends, protective styling, thin edges

PM me or reply to me in this thread if you want to be my buddy!!! If not it's ok...:nono: I won't be that sad.

faithVA

Thank you OP for starting this thread. I definitely could use a buddy.
I want a hair buddy too!

Hair type: 4a/4b - dense, tight coils, extreme shrinkage (75%)
Hair length: NL
Goals: SL by April, APL by December
Issues: dryness, SSKs, shrinkage, lack of regi.

Last edited:

Poopiedo

This is cute. I want a hair buddy.

Hair Type:
Relaxed---I guess I'm a 4A/4B....don't really know.

Hair Length:
Nearing full APL

Goals:
MBL

Issues:
Not really an issue but I have to stay on top of my moisture game or I'll get breakage.

curly2shoez

Thank you OP for starting this thread. I definitely could use a buddy.
I want a hair buddy too!

Hair type: 4a/4b - dense, tight coils, extreme shrinkage (75%)
Hair length: NL
Goals: SL by April, APL by December
Issues: dryness, SSKs, shrinkage, lack of regi.

We have similar hair type... Issues... And goals...

faithVA

Ps. I'm almost certain I have 99.999999x's 10 % shrinkage... Lol...

This isn't a contest I want to win but I have a feeling I might. In Jan 2009 my twist fell 1/2 in above my eyebrow and my hair stretched was at the crown of my nose. A year later my hair stretched comes to the bottom of my bottom lip and my twists fall 1/2 inch above my eyebrow. And that is whether I twist my hair wet or dry.

So far my hair does not stretch. If I braid it and let it air dry when I take the braid out the hair immediately begins to shrink up to about 1 to 1.5 inches long. :perplexed

So my goal in 2011 is to have twists that reach my eyebrows :yep:. Is that too much to ask?

keepithealthy

Oooohh I want a buddy! :drunk:

Hair Type: NATURAL - 3C, 4a
Hair Length: NL - 9 inch almost full apl
Goals: Short Term: BSL and MBL- and - Longterm WL and HL
Issues: knots, knots knots!! :wallbash::wallbash:,

PM me or answer here if you'd like to be buddies with me.

sorry this pic is so big :ohwell:

[IMG]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/ChristlikeShine/101910.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited:

Sianna

@Hairlosophy and destine2grow I am interested in BOTH of you! Both of you have similar length, texture and goals as myself! Want to make a trio of it?! :grin:

Hair type: All natural 4a
Current length: 4-5" all around. On me that = NL with natural layers.
Goal length: Full APL, maybe even BSL if I think I can manage it.
Issues: Minor breakage, possibly due to too much flat ironing early on. Styling difficulties, persistent HIH disease. Difficulty keeping braids/twists in for more than a few days at a time.

What I've learned so far about my hair: It does a lot better when it's moisturized regularly. It can go without sealing in the summer. I CANNOT go to sleep at night without a satin bonnet or scarf. It seems equally happy with or without protein. :ohwell::spinning:
And finally, it LOVES CFCG and cannot LIVE without hair conditioner!! :lol: It's not really picky about conditioners. It seems to love them all pretty much equally. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

30something

I need a buddy!!

Hair Type: Mostly 4A
Hair Length: Few inches past shoulders
Goals: Heat trained hair... snip off relaxed hair (waay down the road)
Issues: Most of my issues are solved just would want to find more people who use heat on their natural hair to help stretch it out permanently .. so we can share experiences and help each other out. I been getting great results.. just so little information out there... it seems like a sorta controversial topic, I would want to keep it more low key and personal. Spend me a PM!

liljoy

Hey
I would love to have a buddy

Hair type- 3c
Hair length- NL
Hair goal- BS- short term, MB- long term
Hair issues- fine/thin hair, I would love to have thick dense hair..

PM if interested.....

hasabe

great idea!

Hair Type: NATURAL - 3C/4A, fine
Hair Length: APL
Goals: MBL/WL - Longterm
Issues: fine hair, manipulation, split ends and just general knowledge about my hair

PM me or answer here if you'd like to be buddies with me.

Attachments

• Photo 9.jpg
    Photo 9.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 50
  • lepuff.jpg
    lepuff.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Photo 93.jpg
    Photo 93.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

winona

Hair type: Natural 4B/4A
Hair Length: somewhere between shoulder and armpit lengthwith natural layers
Goals: short term full APL stretched long term WL then I will cut back to MBL
Issues: styling
Protective Styles: buns/cornrows/twists in bun or roll
Challenges: Sulphur 2011 challenge, HYH challenge, LHCF Bootcamp, DDDC Challenge, Steam Challenge bringing me to WL 2013:grin:

Anyone interested can PM me.

Attachments

• Jan 2011.jpg
    Jan 2011.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 35

Hairlosophy

@Hairlosophy and destine2grow I am interested in BOTH of you! Both of you have similar length, texture and goals as myself! Want to make a trio of it?! :grin:

Hair type: All natural 4a
Current length: 4-5" all around. On me that = NL with natural layers.
Goal length: Full APL, maybe even BSL if I think I can manage it.
Issues: Minor breakage, possibly due to too much flat ironing early on. Styling difficulties, persistent HIH disease. Difficulty keeping braids/twists in for more than a few days at a time.

What I've learned so far about my hair: It does a lot better when it's moisturized regularly. It can go without sealing in the summer. I CANNOT go to sleep at night without a satin bonnet or scarf. It seems equally happy with or without protein. :ohwell::spinning:
And finally, it LOVES CFCG and cannot LIVE without hair conditioner!! :lol: It's not really picky about conditioners. It seems to love them all pretty much equally. :rolleyes:

Sure, all three of us can be hair buddies!

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
I would like a hair buddy as well...PM me!
I am relaxed
Current Length: BSB
Long term goal: Full u-shaped MBL
Issues: hand in hair syndrome, single strand knots, small breakage..

Sent from my Sprint HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

thebelleofelle

OMG I want one. I'm like obsessed yet illiterate my opinion.

Hair Type: Relaxed but IDK precise type, maybe my buddy can help me out with that. I'm thinking 3 but I don't know.
Hair Length: just touching shoulder
Goals: Short term: APL Long term: MBL
Issues: remembering to use growth aids/castor oil, best ways to keep my hands out of my hair lol aka PS && protecting my ends

I'm srry if I'm a little difficult. But here are some pictures of my current length and wet hair to try and determine hair type

if you need better pics PM me...

hope I find a buddy

BrownedIndian

ooooo i'm a newbie to LHCF and the whole actually making an effort with my hair so this is perfect. someone be my buddy!!

Hair Type: Natural 3b/3c (i think)
Hair Length: BSL
Hair Goal: Just to have a healthy head, if it grows to WL by the end of 2011 i won't complain
Issues: I have fine (brittle IMO) hair that doesn't know how to absorb moisture to the hair or scalp (KMT!!) and much shedding (uurrrggggh!). i'm still learning and reading

I need a healthy head of hair man!!

Last edited:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I would like to have a hair buddy as well.

Here is my info:

Hair Type: NATURAL - 3c/4a?; fine hair

Hair Length: Somewhere between SL and APL - approximately 8.5 to 9 inches

Goals: APL - shorterm and MBL/WL - Longterm

Issues: Stubborn gray hairs (coloring is a MUST), working on thin areas from weave (crown and sides) and hair styling neophyte :lol: Starting a new job in a construction area

My regimen includes regular poos/co-wash, DC, steaming, Porosity Control (a godsend for my color)

I love to try products as I start to understand what works. I use growth aids (JBCO, homemade MTG and MT mix)

PM or ask me here. I love to chat too :yep:

dede1129

I would like a buddy!

Hair type: Relaxed 3c/4a

Hair length: APL

Hair Goal: BSL (by June hopefully)

Hair Issues: Getting my staple reggie, moisture without weighing my hair down

Pm me if you are interested!

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Someone else asked me this same question and here was my response:

"Yes, when I had a "buddy" or "big sister" we shared milestones, regimens, product information, style techniques and general tips. We also asked each other questions if we need tips for a style or general hair advice. We even exchanged products through the mail. You guys can talk about hair, fashion, family--anything you'd like. Its kind of like having a pen pal. "

Krystle~Hime

Thank you a lot Evallution I'm so glad this thread exists !!
it's big to see that there is another one who has same issues as you and that we can help each other !!

JJamiah

I just want to add You don't have to have the same hair texture or the same hair type or both be natural or both be relaxed. I found my Hair buddy 2 years ago and we are still buddies :) now. I think this is an awesome Idea. She is Natural and I am relaxed. We both use similar products but have the same goal and keep each at each other when slacking up (not me :lachen:) Kidding

I now have a new Buddy we are the 3 amigos LOL Thanks for this Thread OP!

SimpleKomplexity

OMG I want one. I'm like obsessed yet illiterate my opinion.

Hair Type: Relaxed but IDK precise type, maybe my buddy can help me out with that. I'm thinking 3 but I don't know.
Hair Length: just touching shoulder
Goals: Short term: APL Long term: MBL
Issues: remembering to use growth aids/castor oil, best ways to keep my hands out of my hair lol aka PS && protecting my ends

I'm srry if I'm a little difficult. But here are some pictures of my current length and wet hair to try and determine hair type

if you need better pics PM me...

hope I find a buddy

I'll be your buddy! I'm relaxed also. I just got my hair chopped off so I'm the same length as you give or take 1 or 2 inches. It's hard to determine your type since your hair is relaxed. You need to show pics of your new growth for that.

chevere62

This thread is right in time. I need a buddy sooo bad. I am so certain that my bff is sick and tired of hearing about my hair.

Hair Type: NATURAL 3c/4a
Hair Length: APL - inching towards bsl
Goals: BSL - shorterm and MBL/WL - Longterm
Issues: Splits

keepithealthy

This thread is right in time. I need a buddy sooo bad. I am so certain that my bff is sick and tired of hearing about my hair.

Hair Type: NATURAL 3c/4a
Hair Length: APL - inching towards bsl
Goals: BSL - shorterm and MBL/WL - Longterm
Issues: Splits

Hello tmarie90 I wouldn't mind being your hair buddy. :)