2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspberry

I really like my hair right now - lots of body and good length. However, I"m gonna relax at 9 weeks because I'm relocating and want a fresh relaxer and time to figure out my next move (new stylist or self-relaxing).

xu93texas

@xu93texas

Wow girl, I must've missed some posts :lol:

Congrats and enjoy your natural hair!

:lol::lol: You didn't miss any posts at all! I just decided enough with all the hair drama. My hair was shedding and tangling really bad. It wasn't because of the long stretching. Even now after doing a serious mini chop, my hair is still shedding like crazy. I'm getting my professional BC next week and I'll probably only have 1" of hair all over. I need a fresh start! I'm also going to focus on my health-eating right/exercising and getting more sleep.

I plan to enjoy this chapter of my hair journey.:grin:

KaramelDiva1978

Just relaxed last night after 6 mth stretch. I need a buddy :)

I relaxed on yesterday and have another relaxer buddy irisak, we'd love to have you!! I stretched 10 weeks this time, next relaxer will be at 8 weeks. How long will you stretch the next time since you're staying relaxed? Also, we can keep each other going on the Njoy sulphur challenge.

:woot:Let's get it growing! :woot:

KaramelDiva1978

@KaramelDiva1978 . I'm here girl. I made the big move and I'm in bmore now. I just flatironed it today only because I've been moving so much heavy furniture the past few days that I needed to feel like a woman lol. Otherwise its been ponytails and buns. I posted pics in the bsl challenge and the mbl 2013. And now I'm ready for a good loooong stretch. I think I might play this one by ear lol.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. *sigh* auto correct

I remember you were moving!! Glad you're getting settled in now! My edges looked a MESS, but the rest of my hair did well for 10 weeks, but I'm not making any promises to do that again. My hair "died" when I left the salon the humidity and rain killed it, so I brushed out the hint of curls left and did another rollerset. I will post some pics this afternoon. So okay for this next round, I am starting the Njoy sulphur concoction. Care to join us for ultimate growth and health dear? I'd love to have you buddy!!

mschristine

Need a buddy. I'm 5 weeks post and I'm trying to stretch until the week of thanksgiving (18 weeks). Not sure if I'm going to make it....

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I relaxed on yesterday and have another relaxer buddy irisak, we'd love to have you!! I stretched 10 weeks this time, next relaxer will be at 8 weeks. How long will you stretch the next time since you're staying relaxed? Also, we can keep each other going on the Njoy sulphur challenge.

:woot:Let's get it growing! :woot:

I can't believe I made it to 6 months this time. I don't think I'll wait longer than 4 or 5 months for this next stretch and heck yes w the NJOY challenge. Did somebody make the official post yet? I have length and fresh relax pics galore to post

sharifeh

Freshly relaxed hair is so thin compared to 10 week post hair. I was dying to feel my scalp, now I feel it and I miss my new growth :lol: grass is always greener

irisak

KaramelDiva1978 said:
I remember you were moving!! Glad you're getting settled in now! My edges looked a MESS, but the rest of my hair did well for 10 weeks, but I'm not making any promises to do that again. My hair "died" when I left the salon the humidity and rain killed it, so I brushed out the hint of curls left and did another rollerset. I will post some pics this afternoon. So okay for this next round, I am starting the Njoy sulphur concoction. Care to join us for ultimate growth and health dear? I'd love to have you buddy!!
I don't know about that sulphur! It's Stinky lol!

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. *sigh* auto correct

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
xu93texas said:
:lol::lol: You didn't miss any posts at all! I just decided enough with all the hair drama. My hair was shedding and tangling really bad. It wasn't because of the long stretching. Even now after doing a serious mini chop, my hair is still shedding like crazy. I'm getting my professional BC next week and I'll probably only have 1" of hair all over. I need a fresh start! I'm also going to focus on my health-eating right/exercising and getting more sleep.

I plan to enjoy this chapter of my hair journey.:grin:

Congratulations on your BC and going natural!! I'm going to miss my original relaxer buddy :-(. I'll probably meet you on the other side in a few years, not sure though. I can't wait to see pics next week so let me know when you post your results here or another thread.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

sckri23

I found out why my hair isnt showing length. I cant detangle after a wash I have to completely dry first. Im surprised Im just figuring this out cause idk the meaning of gentle when it comes to tangles. Oh well...

baddison

natural for good
Hi ladies,

I've crossed over to the other side. I did a mini BC last week! I decided I needed to have a fresh start. So I'm entering phase 2 of my hair journey all naturale! I have appointment with my new stylist next week for my official BC. She is also natural and rocks a fierce TWA.

@KiWiStyle, @Raspberry, @baddison,
It's been great being your buddy.:grin: I'll be cheering you guys on during your stretches.

xu93texas Wow! congratulations to you !!! I've been comtemplating, too, but not yet ready to take the natural-plunge! Way to go!!

baddison

natural for good
@KiWiStyle, @Raspberry, @sharifeh, @sunnieb, @PinkSunshine77

OK, ladies. I just got my relaxer yesterday, August 19th. Sadly, a major trim has placed me back at the APL starting line. I'm furstrated, :wallbash: but *sigh* whatever - its just hair, it will grow back.

Anywho....I need my buddies again. Next relaxer date is about 17weeks away, on December 15th, close to the holidays!

Y'all with me, right.. :pray: :pray:

I will have new pics this weekend after my first post-relaxer wash and dc..:yep:

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
baddison said:
@KiWiStyle, @Raspberry, sharifeh, @sunnieb, @PinkSunshine77

OK, ladies. I just got my relaxer yesterday, August 19th. Sadly, a major trim has placed me back at the APL starting line. I'm furstrated, :wallbash: but *sigh* whatever - its just hair, it will grow back.

Anywho....I need my buddies again. Next relaxer date is about 17weeks away, on December 15th, close to the holidays!

I will have new pics this weekend after my first post-relaxer wash and dc..:yep:

I'm still craving APL *sigh* yep yep in with you ;)

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
baddison said:
@KiWiStyle, @Raspberry, sharifeh, @sunnieb, @PinkSunshine77

Sometimes good trims are all we need to kick start some wonderful retention. Did you Post pictures yet?? I'm with you all the way Chica:). Depending on how well this stretch goes, I will go 16-24 weeks...we'll see.

sunnieb

PinkSunshine77 said:
haha heck yes! When are you ladies relaxing next? I'm going to go 16 weeks.

I'm planning on relaxing around December 15th. That'll be 17 weeks I think.

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

sunnieb

baddison - I'm with you for the long haul! :grin:

Don't worry, you'll get some healthy length with this stretch! :yep:

Now let's enjoy whipping our freshly relaxed hurr for a few weeks!

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

Last edited:

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
KiWiStyle said:
Sometimes good trims are all we need to kick start some wonderful retention. Did you Post pictures yet?? I'm with you all the way Chica:). Depending on how well this stretch goes, I will go 16-24 weeks...we'll see.

This is so true! I thought by not trimming my hair I was doing good but then wondered why it seemed like my hair was sitting at the same length. The splits were keeping me the same length so now I trim a tiny bit every relaxer which is every 4-6 mths as needed of course.

xu93texas

@xu93texas Wow! congratulations to you !!! I've been comtemplating, too, but not yet ready to take the natural-plunge! Way to go!!

I here ya girl! I've been curious about my natural hair for a while now. I was so focused on growing my relaxed hair to a certain length before going natural. However, after all of the problems I've been dealing with, I decided wth! Just do it and I did. Maybe I'll see you on the other side in the near future. :grin:

xu93texas

Congratulations on your BC and going natural!! I'm going to miss my original relaxer buddy :-(. I'll probably meet you on the other side in a few years, not sure though. I can't wait to see pics next week so let me know when you post your results here or another thread.

Thanks chica. I'll be checking in with you on a regular basis. You know I'm going to be lurking in this thread. :look: :lol:

sharifeh

Hi buddies,
It's really hard for me to stretch with no breakage so I try to relax at 10-12 weeks
Let's see if I can get there with no breakage this time.
I say try because I hate relaxing (the process) so i always postpone. I usually go for 16 weeks due to procrastination but that's bad for me because I get lots of breakage :look:

Status
Not open for further replies.