2013 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Buddies. I planned on relaxing at 16 weeks on December 28. I have almost an inch of new growth. My hair grows incredibly slow and because of that, I don't think I will relax until late January. I am not experiencing any breakage so I am just going to take it a week at a time. How is everyone doing? Some of you have touch ups soon, right?

Babygrowth Angelinhell MissyB Hyacinthe londonfog

Hi everyone! I'm currently 13 weeks post and not planning on ending this stretch anytime soon. My hair grows sooo slow. At 3 months post, I have barely and inch or less of new growth. I'm taking hairfinity and that hasn't boosted any growth for me. I'm on my 4th bottle. I have done the inversion method twice already with no success either. I got my komaza analysis and I'm happy to report that even though I have some cuticle damage from using too much heat in the past, my hair is strong. My strands are medium to thick, normal to high porosity and responds well to protein. I'm glad I did that analysis!
I had family over for thanksgiving and I got compliments on how healthy my hair looks, so my regi is working. I just wish I could have more growth. Oh, I also started taking l-cysteine and msm per komaza's recommendation.

How is everyone else doing?
I am also at 13 weeks and almost have an inch. Slow growers unite!! :lol: I don't take hairfinity but I do take biotin, msm, and bamboo. Why did Komaza recommend the l-cysteine? Also, were there any Komaza products that were recommended?

Sorry about the double post.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
No setbacks is right...I found a 'Note to Self' that I had written instructing me in bold letters that "Stretching beyond 16-18 weeks is not necessary, don't do it" :lol:

Proceed with caution Nix08. Are the reveals after that length of time really worth it? It would seem that under processing would be easier to result with so much ng present.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
You're right @divachyk - stretching already makes me hair lazy and relaxer lazy so the extra effort required to do my TU properly is hit and miss:ohwell: Then I end up underprocessed and that's yet another issue:nono: I know that 8-10 weeks is too short a cycle for me and that 16 weeks or so is ideal yet I still ponder going longer everytime....and the kicker is, it's not for the health of my hair:perplexed:, I think it's just to say that I can:drunk: Maybe I can refer to this post every 4 months...actually I'm going to count on you to remind me:grin: My buddy my pal:yep:

sunnieb

Nix08 girl, don't you go down that path to a setback in the name of stretching! :spank:

For some reason, my hair gets easier to deal with the longer I stretch. No breakage or shedding. If it didn't act right, I'd go back to relaxing every 10-12 weeks. :yep:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
sunnieb That's the thing, I have no issues stretching. It's easier and easier BUT I also don't have a lot of patience when it comes time to do that relaxer:nono: I can't bring myself to pre-part like you do and I just want to get it done because I'm often doing it late at night after the kids have gone to bed and frankly I want to be in bed too. So one relaxer I'll end up with underprocessed parts due to my laziness then the next relaxer will come out great because I then know I have to come correct because of my haste during the previous relaxer and the cycle continues:lachen: I just have issues. 16-18 weeks, 3 relaxers per year....I'm holding all of you accountable:lachen:

I guess if I were to be able to find someone I trusted to do my relaxer it would all be a non issue but I am NOT going through that trial and error for nuttin:nono:

sunnieb

Well Nix08, you all up there in Canada and stuff. If you were down here in TX, I'd pre-part your hair for you and send you home to finish. I think I could do it faster on somebody else's head rather than my own.

Stop being lazy! :lol:

I understand though. I usually finish relaxing around 1am because I need everybody out of my way so I can concentrate.

Babygrowth

Hi Buddies. I planned on relaxing at 16 weeks on December 28. I have almost an inch of new growth. My hair grows incredibly slow and because of that, I don't think I will relax until late January. I am not experiencing any breakage so I am just going to take it a week at a time. How is everyone doing? Some of you have touch ups soon, right?

Babygrowth Angelinhell MissyB Hyacinthe londonfog

Hey! I just found out I'm having another baby so I probably will be stretching until I feel comfortable relaxing. I am already 6months post with 2 inches+ of newgrowth so idk.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
KiWiStyle, when are you texlaxing again?

xu93texas in about 7 weeks. I cut bangs a few months back and because it's texlaxed, I'm noticing faster growth and thicker less see thru bangs. I'm now thinking I can grow the front of my hair!!!! On the other hand, I'm noticing crown thinning and breakage, thus the thinness at the center of my hairline...the infamous 'W' :-((.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Diva is not playing! I already made my next 10 week appt (Feb) to hold myself accountable to a strict schedule. I know me. Otherwise, I will get to 10 weeks and magically think I got a good stretch game. Nope, not falling prey to my poor stretch decision making.

ckisland

How many weeks post are you right now? None. Today is my first day as a relaxed head :grin:

How long are you stretching? 12-16 weeks

Any other info?

I was natural for 6 years (relaxed exactly a month after my 6th nappiversary)
Hair texture is 3c-4b, medium-high density, medium and thick strands
My hair is currently past texlaxed, but has a good bit of texture still. My multiple textures are still apparent :spinning:, and I'm going to be a self-relaxer :yep: .

Excitedly waiting to participate in the 2014 Buddy Thread :grin:

sunnieb

Hello to all Relaxed Buddies!!!!

As 2013 draws to a close, I want to thank each and every one of you for continuing this "Buddy" thread.

I'll leave this one open for another week or so and then start the 2014 thread.

To all the relaxed lurkers and those who have not buddied up yet, please post! I promise someone will grab you. :yep:

Status
Not open for further replies.