Find Your Transitioning Buddy in 2010 HERE!!!

newbeginnings2010

Hey everyone! I did a few searches for a thread like this, but I couldn't find one. I'm an oldie, but a newbie because I used to be on the board under a different screen name, but I left about 2 years ago when I went to grad school. Recently I gave up on being relaxed and decided to go natural, and I came back to the board for tips on transitioning. Now I'm looking for a hair buddy or hair group, which I'm sure others might be looking for, too. So here's what I was thinking. Put the following information in a post under this thread:

• Weeks post relaxer
  • Hair type
  • Hair length goal
  • If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC
  • Link to your album/blogs (if pw protected, let your buddy know to pm you)
Come back to check for someone with similar information. Once you find someone with the same, or similar, transitioning goals, PM them or post it here. I'll keep a buddy/group list going here if the thread gets too long and you miss a post by someone that wants to be your buddy or in your group. I'll keep updating the list for as long as possible. Handle your group the way you want. Make team names, create team blogs and comparison pics, have fun with it! Sound good? Ready...set...find your BUDDIES! :detective:
:cheers: :hug2: :runninghug: :grouphug::circle::theteam::lots:

Buddies

ChemistryGirl, candigyrl0830, and divinefavor are buddies! :grouphug:

newbeginnings and Miryoku are buddies!:cheers:

arm445 and curvycurly78 are buddies!:cheers:

KnottyGurl and HeChangedMyName are buddies!:cheers:

davisbr88, Bublin, and Imani are buddies! :grouphug:
: They want to buddy with: CocoaMane

ZkittyKurls and lizzyb168 are buddies! :cheers:

LadyMacgyver and LaFemmeNaturelle are buddies! :cheers:

SILKY22 and Kenny-Ann are buddies! :cheers:

khpooh and NikkiQ are buddies! :cheers: They want to buddy with: Poutchi

Oyekade wants to be buddies with: SherylsTresses

lovleylocks wants to be buddies with: SkysMommy

NicBenny wants to partner with prtybrwnis

Last edited:

newbeginnings2010

• Weeks post relaxer: 11.5 weeks
  • Hair type: 4b
  • Hair length goal: WL stretched
  • If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC: Long-term
  • Link to your album/blogs (if pw protected, let your buddy know to pm you): Album in profile! Just click the purple box.
I need a hair buddy!:grin::yep:

Last edited:

davisbr88

Good idea! I'd love to be apart of a team or something!

* Weeks post relaxer - Will be 10 months post in exactly one week, so I guess that means around 39? Not sure... don't really track weeks.
* Hair type - 3c/4a (I believe - won't do an official typing until I am fully natural but I am definitely not a 3b or 4b, so I know I fall in this range somewhere)
* Hair length goal - SL when curly or MBL when straightened (whichever is longest)
* If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC - My goal is to transition for 17 months, ending on January 22, 2011
* Link to your album/blogs (if pw protected, let your buddy know to pm you) - I don't update my Fotki much anymore, but I have a Youtube channel at: http://www.youtube.com/user/davisb88

Sapphire_chic

great idea! I knew one lady through fotki who I considered a transitioning buddy but I think she big chopped

93 or 94 weeks post
4 a/b
Tailbone stretched goal length
Long term transitioner
I have a fotki in my sig

:)

Ooooh what a great idea!

Weeks post relaxer- 11 weeks this thursday! :grin:
Hair type- It seems like 3c/4a but I might be a ramen noodle sister
Hair length goal- APL unstretched
Long-term transitioner or BC- Long term, about 2 years
Link to your album/blogs- I keep a blog on here

LaFemmeNaturelle

• Weeks post relaxer- Will be 29 weeks on Thursday
  • Hair type-4a
  • Hair length goal- WL natural
  • If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC -I'm a long-termer. I'm not chopping before May 2011( 18 months post)
  • Link to your album/blogs (if pw protected, let your buddy know to pm you) Link is in my siggy. I have more pics on hairlista.

Last edited:

CocoaMane

Oooh! I am so in need of a buddy.. I'm starting to get discouraged.
  • Weeks post relaxer- Will be 46 weeks on Saturday
  • Hair type-4a - ?
  • Hair length goal- MBL
  • If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC -Long-term transitioner.
  • Link to your album/blogs (if pw protected, let your buddy know to pm you) http://members.fotki.com/CocoaMane/about/ I also have a page on Hairlista and K.I.S.S.

fivetimestwo

• Weeks post relaxer I'm currently 50 weeks post (11.5 months)
  • Hair type 3c and some 4a
  • Hair length goal short term goal APL stretched 100% natural; long term goal: MBL stretched 100% natural
  • If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC I'm a long term transitioner and I don't plan on chopping until I'm 18 months post
  • Link to your album/blogs (if pw protected, let your buddy know to pm you) my transition album can be found at http://fotki.com/curvycurlypart2

KurlyNinja

# Weeks post relaxer 12.5 Weeks. Will be 3 months post on Saturday
# Hair type 3c/4a? Not really sure yet. Somewhere around there though.
# Hair length goal Waist Length
# If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC I said I want to BC after 12 months, but who knows it could be longer than that.

I really need to clean up my fotki or find a new place to store pics, but here are a few pics of my NG for now.

12 Weeks Post:

Last edited:

davisbr88

^^ Mine looked similar when it was that length as well, but since then, I've discovered that you really can't tell your hair type when you only have this amount of ng.

SherylsTresses

• Weeks post relaxer 46 weeks this Saturday
  • Hair type 4a
  • Hair length goal WSL Stretched
  • If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC Long-term Transitioner
  • Link to your album/blogs (if pw protected, let your buddy know to pm you)
I'm a buddy with Nerd and still available to others. :yep:

newbeginnings2010

# Weeks post relaxer 12.5 Weeks. Will be 3 months post on Saturday
# Hair type 3c/4a? Not really sure yet. Somewhere around there though.
# Hair length goal Waist Length
# If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC I said I want to BC after 12 months, but who knows it could be longer than that.

I really need to clean up my fotki or find a new place to store pics, but here are a few pics of my NG for now.

12 Weeks Post:

Hey Miryoku, you're only a week ahead of me by your siggy ticker. We might not be the same hair type, but we're close in time. Wanna buddy up? I'll be posting pics of my new growth after I take my braids out in 6 weeks and we can compare! :yep:

KurlyNinja

Hey Miryoku, you're only a week ahead of me by your siggy ticker. We might not be the same hair type, but we're close in time. Wanna buddy up? I'll be posting pics of my new growth after I take my braids out in 6 weeks and we can compare! :yep:

DEFINATELY! I was really hoping to transition with somebody who was around as many weeks post as me to keep me motivate and away from those dreaded scissors... :look:

Imani

Cool!

Weeks post relaxer - 10 months
Hair type - 4b; Very pourous and dry, medium/thin strands
Hair length goal- Short term-NL, Long term-APL
If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC - Long term transitioner. NO BC
Link to your album/blogs (if pw protected, let your buddy know to pm you) - See siggy.

newbeginnings2010

DEFINATELY! I was really hoping to transition with somebody who was around as many weeks post as me to keep me motivate and away from those dreaded scissors... :look:

Umm...yeah, I'm going to need the same help as you with the scissors. I was scissor-happy BEFORE I decided to go natural. :look: We will make it! It seems we have about the same length goal too. BSL unstretched is about WL stretched!

Last edited:

davisbr88

Cool!

Weeks post relaxer - 10 months
Hair type - 4b; Very pourous and dry, medium/thin strands
Hair length goal- Short term-NL, Long term-APL
If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC - Long term transitioner. NO BC
Link to your album/blogs (if pw protected, let your buddy know to pm you) - See siggy.

I'm almost 10 months (I will be in a week)!
We're not the same type but at least we're around the same timeframe. Wanna buddy up?

divinefavor

Weeks post relaxer Will be 27 weeks on Saturday
Hair type: 4a fine
Hair length goal: BSL

If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC I'm going to assess at the 12 month mark (December 5th) to see if I want to BC or continue transitioning.

Link to your album/blogs (if pw protected, let your buddy know to pm you) I have not updated my picture trail album in about 3 years.

13StepsAhead

Weeks post relaxer: 50 wks post

Hair type: don't know, it's too confusing (I've been told 4a, but who really knows?)

Hair length goal: Short Term-APL stretched/ Long Term-Full BSL stretched

If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC: I guess LT my goal is 18 months, but we'll see

Link to your album/blogs (if pw protected, let your buddy know to pm you) : n/a will update soon and post

ETA:

Last edited:

candigyrl0830

oooh, it would be nice to have a buddy...

Weeks post relaxer: 27 weeks

Hair type: um.. not really sure, its just easier to say 4a since i don't really know.. i definitely have some coils going on for sure but i don't think that they are like 3c curls. i often think there might be some 4b in there somewhere since it gets rather kinky in some areas..

Hair length goal: um.. long-ish??? lol. i guess i never really thought about it but i guess i would say um...somewhere between BSL and MBL maybe??? yea, that would be good.

If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC: a little bit of both, i would love to be able to wait until 18 months but i would be comfortable with a chop at 12 months and i also told myself that if i got to 10 months and just couldn't take it anymore i would chop then.

Link to your album/blogs: ..um yea.. about that...:ohwell: see, i have a fotki only for the purpose of stalking other ppls fotkis..lol.. and i often have big dreams of documenting my transition with lots of pictures and creating a database of products i like, etc.. and then it never really happens. maybe this will be the push i need to start doing that type of stuff though. i hope this doesn't deter ppl from wanting to be my buddy because i need all the help i can get!

AHeadOfCoils

• Weeks post relaxer - 13 weeks and 2 days
  • Hair type - unknown but according to some pics I have seen, I'll say 4a.
  • Hair length goal - BSL all natural
  • If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC - I want to BC anywhere from 4-7 months post. I just want about 3-4 inches of new growth
  • Link to your album/blogs (if pw protected, let your buddy know to pm you) - on profile :grin:
I'm sooo excited about transitioning. Everyday I get the urge to bc :wallbash:

lizzyb168

Weeks post relaxer:

55 Weeks Post

Hair type:

4a/b i think.

Hair length goal:

Full Waist Length

If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC:

Looking to BC either end of december 2010 or next year.

Link to your album/blogs (if pw protected, let your buddy know to pm you):

Link to my fotki in my signature. Im just about to update it now.

ChemistryGirl

Great idea OP!

• Weeks post relaxer - I'll be 27 weeks post tomorrow
  • Hair type - 4b with very tiny coils (see pics below)
  • Hair length goal - BSL or MBL stretched
  • If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC - I want to transition for at least a year, but my goal is two years
  • Link to your album/blogs (if pw protected, let your buddy know to pm you) - Don't have one

fattyfatfat

Weeks post relaxer - 14wks

Hair type - 4a/4b

Hair length goal - a nice healthy shoulder length

If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC - Im a long term transitioner

Link to your album/blogs (if pw protected, let your buddy know to pm you) - Don't have one

ChemistryGirl

:hiya: ladies. It looks like we are at similar places in our transition and have somewhat similar hair/goals. Divinefavor, I also have fine hair, although it is 4b (or at least I think it is. Some people say 4b's can't have a coil pattern, but I do, however my coils don't look like what I would call 4a, so I don't know) and transitioning with fine hair has it's unique struggles.

So ladies do you want to be transitioning buddies?!

Weeks post relaxer Will be 27 weeks on Saturday
Hair type: 4a fine
Hair length goal: BSL

If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC I'm going to assess at the 12 month mark (December 5th) to see if I want to BC or continue transitioning.

Link to your album/blogs (if pw protected, let your buddy know to pm you) I have not updated my picture trail album in about 3 years.

oooh, it would be nice to have a buddy...

Weeks post relaxer: 27 weeks

Hair type: um.. not really sure, its just easier to say 4a since i don't really know.. i definitely have some coils going on for sure but i don't think that they are like 3c curls. i often think there might be some 4b in there somewhere since it gets rather kinky in some areas..

Hair length goal: um.. long-ish??? lol. i guess i never really thought about it but i guess i would say um...somewhere between BSL and MBL maybe??? yea, that would be good.

If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC: a little bit of both, i would love to be able to wait until 18 months but i would be comfortable with a chop at 12 months and i also told myself that if i got to 10 months and just couldn't take it anymore i would chop then.

Link to your album/blogs: ..um yea.. about that...:ohwell: see, i have a fotki only for the purpose of stalking other ppls fotkis..lol.. and i often have big dreams of documenting my transition with lots of pictures and creating a database of products i like, etc.. and then it never really happens. maybe this will be the push i need to start doing that type of stuff though. i hope this doesn't deter ppl from wanting to be my buddy because i need all the help i can get!

NicBenny

• Weeks post relaxer: 14.5 weeks
  • Hair type: 3c
  • Hair length goal: Waist Length by Dec. 2011 (fingers crossed)
  • If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC: I would say long-tern transitioner.
  • Link to your album/blogs (if pw protected, let your buddy know to pm you): N/A, will update pics on LHCF later tonight.

candigyrl0830

:hiya: ladies. It looks like we are at similar places in our transition and have somewhat similar hair/goals. Divinefavor, I also have fine hair, although it is 4b (or at least I think it is. Some people say 4b's can't have a coil pattern, but I do, however my coils don't look like what I would call 4a, so I don't know) and transitioning with fine hair has it's unique struggles.

So ladies do you want to be transitioning buddies?!

Of course!!! YAY, A BUDDY!!!:grin:

ycj1

I don't have a fotki as of yet but am working on my album

Weeks post textlax: 66 wks since Feb 09

Hair type 3c/4a I think!

Hair length goal: BSB stretched

If you are a long term transitioner or if you want to bc: I have no intention of bc until I reach my goal which I will more than likely cut off my textlax ends around Dec 2012 or June 2013

Last edited:

fivetimestwo

• Weeks post relaxer I'm currently 50 weeks post (11.5 months)
  • Hair type 3c and some 4a
  • Hair length goal short term goal APL stretched 100% natural; long term goal: MBL stretched 100% natural
  • If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC I'm a long term transitioner and I don't plan on chopping until I'm 18 months post
  • Link to your album/blogs (if pw protected, let your buddy know to pm you) my transition album can be found at http://fotki.com/curvycurlypart2

Weeks post relaxer: I will be 50 wks post in 2 days

Hair type: don't know, it's too confusing (I've been told 4a, but who really knows?)

Hair length goal: Full BSL straightened

If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC: I guess LT my goal is 18 months, but we'll see

Link to your album/blogs (if pw protected, let your buddy know to pm you) : n/a will update soon and post

looks like we have similar hair types and are roughly the same number of weeks post :yep: We should buddy up
:grin:

Khaiya

Great thread idea!

* Weeks post relaxer: 34 weeks, 5 days - 2 more days to 35 weeks
* Hair type: 4b
* Hair length goal: I'll know when i get there
* If you are a long-term transitioner or if you want to BC: Long-term
* Link to your album/blogs (if pw protected, let your buddy know to pm you): http://s461.photobucket.com/home/khaiyat

I dont remember if there's a password, let me know if there is.