I want a hair buddy!

zoj2

I am so serious about reaching thick shoulder length hair by May 28. I have 4a/b hair that is relaxed. I am looking for buddy to share this journey with. We can update each other each week with what we did to our hair, what products we used that week and how our progress is going. If you are interest, HOLLA!

PS: if you are interested in a losing weight, I could used a weight loss buddy too! :)

MysTori

Count me in too!

So, when should we update each other? Every Friday? With pics? With PM's? What's the plan?

zoj2

teressa9 said:
Count me in too!

So, when should we update each other? Every Friday? With pics? With PM's? What's the plan?

Great, I should omit the buddy part. We can be a group that keeps us posted and motivated!

kitchen_tician

Awww, that's great to share experiences with someone. I had a buddy, but she's not around anymore. Love ya, Jainygirl! :wave: It looks like the MTG is working. It's much thicker and fuller. You're well on your way.

I need a buddy too. I know I'm sharing in the wrong thread. I'll go find the "buddy thread".

Last edited:
I wanna be your hair buddy too! I'm not at the same length as you, but I do have a section of hair in the back that I am trying to grow to shoulder length to catch up with the rest of my hair that just is past my shoulders. Unfortunately that section grows slower than everywhere else. :ohwell:

I checked out your album and your sister's hair is the ulitimate length I'd like to achieve. Let her know I'll be looking at that pic for inspiration. :)

Oh yeah, I'm looking to lose 15 pounds so we can be weight loss buddies too? How much do you want to lose? I'm trying to set a goal for myself. I'm trying to lose at least 10 pounds before my first wedding anniversary. Someone on here told me her hair seems to grow faster because she's now exercising. Maybe that'll help us achieve our goals faster! :)

Last edited:

zoj2

I say we update each other every Sunday with what we did to our hair that week, what products we used and how are hair is reacting. If we do a style that we really like ( a cute braid out, a bun, a twist out, etc), post pics! I'll post pics when I see a significant change in growth. I'm open to recommendations, advice, criticism, anything! So here is a little about myself:

My hair is 4a/b relaxed, my last relaxer was Jan 7 and my sister relaxed my hair at ten weeks post with Dark and Lovely. Eight weeks prior to that I went to a salon to get my hair relaxed with Affrim Sensitive Scalp and it was an horrible experience that ended with tears and all my hard earned growth cut off. So I strecthing is something I've recently begun thanks to the wonderful advice on this board. I am currently using Nexxus Therrape and Humectress. I DC on Sunday and use a Motions CPR biweekly. I just included ORS Replenshing pak which I will alternate with Humctress every other. I just started CWing in the middle of the week since I work out a lot (before I would just wash) and I used Proclain Shea Butter and Aloe (which I love!). I bought I humidfier for my room which has helped a lot. Right now its bitter cold where I am, so I really have to be careful with my hair. This is the hugest hump because I always suffer breakage from the cold and usually have to cut my hair in March. Not this year! I will not allow it. I only air dry and wear a bun, or out (still air-dried). Ok that pretty much it. We can switch to PM's if you'd like, or we can just keep this thread going.

Last edited:

zoj2

CandiceC said:
I wanna be your hair buddy too! I'm not at the same length as you, but I do have a section of hair in the back that I am trying to grow to shoulder length to catch up with the rest of my hair that just is past my shoulders. Unfortunately that section grows slower than everywhere else. :ohwell:

I checked out your album and your sister's hair is the ulitimate length I'd like to achieve. Let her know I'll be looking at that pic for inspiration. :)

Oh yeah, I'm looking to lose 15 pounds so we can be weight loss buddies too? How much do you want to lose? I'm trying to set a goal for myself. I'm trying to lose at least 10 pounds before my first wedding anniversary. Someone on here told me her hair seems to grow faster because she's now exercising. Maybe that'll help us achieve our goals faster! :)

Great, it's we can all have different goal lengths, but the same ultimate goal, healthy hair! My sister's hair is absolutely gorgeous, that pic is old, it much longer now. Her hair is texturized and she can where it curly it looks like natural 3b hair. I've got her hair obsessed too!

I'm looking to lose about 15 pounds. I think exercising really helps with hair growth, especially towards the end of my stretch. I bought I new Victoria Secret bikini and I want to look great by the time the weather gets warm (April?). I'll start a thread in the health fitness section when I get back from class.

zoj2 said:
Great, it's we can all have different goal lengths, but the same ultimate goal, healthy hair! My sister's hair is absolutely gorgeous, that pic is old, it much longer now. Her hair is texturized and she can where it curly it looks like natural 3b hair. I've got her hair obsessed too!

I'm looking to lose about 15 pounds. I think exercising really helps with hair growth, especially towards the end of my stretch. I bought I new Victoria Secret bikini and I want to look great by the time the weather gets warm (April?). I'll start a thread in the health fitness section when I get back from class.

Cool. Maybe we could both lose 15 pounds by sometime in April. I originally said 10 by that point (April 23), but I'll shoot for the whole 15 if you do. :)
Not sure if your thread is in the other section yet, but I'll check for it later on after I get some work done. If you haven't done so already, maybe it could be a February- April challenge. I need to get a eating plan, workout regimen and perhaps some supplements in place quick.

zoj2

CandiceC said:
Cool. Maybe we could both lose 15 pounds by sometime in April. I originally said 10 by that point (April 23), but I'll shoot for the whole 15 if you do. :)
Not sure if your thread is in the other section yet, but I'll check for it later on after I get some work done. If you haven't done so already, maybe it could be a February- April challenge. I need to get a eating plan, workout regimen and perhaps some supplements in place quick.

I posted in the health and fitness forum!

shani325

zoj2 said:
Great, what are you goals plans?

hey, my goal is to be below bra strap by June 1st, I am trying to learn how to manage doing my hair without depending on unprofessional hairstylist who just causes further set-backs when growing hair out. Last night I did a braid-out which I thought wa very cute and the guy I'm dating was like I thought you were going to do your hair and I told him I did, this is the style, he looked at me like wtf!, he didn't say he didn't like it but that's the vibe I got from him, he made me want to go get my hair flat-ironed (he loves the straight look), but screw him everyone at my job thought it looked great!:lol: :lol: