2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Good to know that! I plan to transition once I get to a certain length. We can be transitioning buddies as well. :lol:

We're 15 weeks post today. :grin: I haven't scheduled my relaxer appointment. I'm still debating about when to relax. I'll figure it out and definitely let you know.

xu93texas
Yes Chica we are!! I'm going to have to find myself a good book to read for the next week to calm my nerves, lol.

I had no idea you were wanting to transition too! I will eventually, but not sure when exactly, I'm not all that impressed with my natural texture and shrinkage. :nono:. I would love to have you as my transition buddy when I do make my decision.

No appointment yet? I guess that's good seeing as you were originally wanting to stretch 19 weeks? Selfishly I was hoping we can stay on the same stretch schedule but I completely understand. I know you'll keep us posted:yep:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I remember that conversation. We did it. I hope to stretch longer as well next go around. I can't believe you're going to wear a wig!! Did you find one that you really like? I need to buy a few more. I get tired of them so fast.

xu93texas
Yes a wig :yep:!! You know I don't do wigs, weaves or extension braids but if I plan to stretch six months then wearing my hair out is completely out of the questions. I sweat heavily on my head so I can only attempt this in the colder months. The wig will have to be very natural looking and of good quality because I can't sand those cheap, super shiny ones. Where do you buy your wigs?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
So many ppl to respond to :grin:

irisak, a mohawk set would work best if wearing it all down the same day you get it done. I normally do my hair on days I'm not going anywhere so I would pin curl the hair at night with making sure I had some pin curls going down the middle in a mohawk. This will help ensure I have curl pattern down the center of my head when wearing the hair down. Since I wear 1/2 up/1/2 down, I pin curl my hair in 4 quadrants. Don't sleep on pin curls, it helps to create body/wave to the hair.

@McBrides3, I use BM luscious as a year around moisturizer for any hair style I'm trying to achieve. I use the hair milk as wash day LI. I layer my wash day LIs starting with hair milk, luscious and seal with avocado butter. I use the curly butter for my nape/edges.

@Stillsaddity, the following tames ng:
hair spritzes (Oyin juices & berries or BM juicy)
tea rinses (Claudie's tea spritz)
DB transitioning creme

Some ladies (@Nix08), steep their own tea and rinse with that. I have some teas to steep but haven't yet. I'm told that burdock root, slippery elm and marshmallow root are the most moisturizing. Just fyi should you opt to tea rinse vs. buying a product that's already formulated.

@Cattypus1, remind me again, how are you using AOHC?

@xu93texas, I have deemed myself protein sensitive but I never have an issue with BM luscious and use it daily. Wheat protein suppose to be moisturizing although I know some have had issues with it, myself included when using too many products containing wheat protein. I really like DB transitioning cream and Claudie's.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Yes Tea rinses are FANTASTIC:yay: It took such willpower for me to not go out and buy some more today...I've been fighting the urge for over a week now:ohwell:
Among my list of teas are:
Hibiscus
Marshmallow
Rosemary
Fenugreek
Burdock
Thyme
Fennel
Green
Saw Palmetto
Lavendar
Horsetail
Rosehip
Catnip

and I'm on the hunt for Moringa and Slippery Elm:look:
Oh and I use them all almost daily:wow:

sckri23

Im 4 weeks, wash day tomorrow, and not ready for a TU yet but a good buy double pack relaxer kit for $6 its enough for 4 relaxers.

Umm is the new thing now leave in's for relaxer kits not dc's? im just wondering cause Ive seen alot like that now and I thought you needed deep moisture after a relaxer.

Last edited:

Lilmama1011

sckri23 said:
Im 4 weeks, wash day tomorrow, and not ready for a TU yet but a good buy double pack relaxer kit for $6 its enough for 4 relaxers.

Umm is the new thing now leave in's for relaxer kits not dc's? im just wondering cause Ive seen alot like that now and I thought you needed deep moisture after a relaxer.

I still deep condition no matter when I'm getting a relaxer or not, I do it everything a wash which is every week

irisak

KaramelDiva1978. I bought my relaxer at sally's today and it is calling my name. I think I might go on and knock my hair out this weekends so I don't have to think about it while packing and cleaning out my apartment.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

Jobwright

irisak said:
KaramelDiva1978. I bought my relaxer at sally's today and it is calling my name. I think I might go on and knock my hair out this weekends so I don't have to think about it while packing and cleaning out my apartment.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

This may be a little too diva-ish but I would wait till after all that bending and sweating from packing before I relax so my hair would be super fresh and luscious for my new town. I say wait to do your hair so as soon as you step that big toe on your new set, you feel and look as fly as possible. I am excited for you an your new beginning!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

irisak

Jobwright said:
This may be a little too diva-ish but I would wait till after all that bending and sweating from packing before I relax so my hair would be super fresh and luscious for my new town. I say wait to do your hair so as soon as you step that big toe on your new set, you feel and look as fly as possible. I am excited for you an your new beginning!

Jobwright You do have a point. Actually my hair is still manageable, I just want to silk wrap it and see my length lol. Which is just as diva like lol. I'll wait until the 10th like I planned before and just wash dc and bun until then unless I start shedding or breaking.

baddison

natural for good
@baddison - you've inspired me to try to hold out 'til August 18! :)

If I make it, will you be my buddy?

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

sunnieb : GIIRRRRRLLLLL..:grin:..absolutely!!! We'll be great buddies. I did the math, and divided 52weeks by 3 relaxers per year. So it works out to be about every 17weeks. After our August 18th relaxer, the next one should be about December 15th...just in time for the holidays!!!

Lets make it happen, buddy!!

sunnieb

baddison - um 17 weeks???......:look: :nervous2:

But, that would be the perfect time to relax again since it's right before things get crazy around my house for the holidays. Iunno....:drunk:

sckri23

sckri23 said:

There :ate; EDIT: (are) literally 4 of these
ForumRunner_20120728_202054.jpg

Last edited:

divachyk

Any of you have a 2 day style (excluding buns)? I'm looking for a style that I can wear at least 2 days straight to avoid having to do my hair daily. I bun often but take my buns down at night out of fear of breakage.

Lilmama1011

divachyk said:
Any of you have a 2 day style (excluding buns)? I'm looking for a style that I can wear at least 2 days straight to avoid having to do my hair daily. I bun often but take my buns down at night out of fear of breakage.

Curls........

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)

divachyk I have been putting my hair in 2 bantu knots at night and then in the morning fluff and go. It gives a nice wave pattern. I am really careful not to twist the hair too tight to prevent breakage.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
...so I am all done with my last weekly wash and DC before I relax on Thursday. More importantly, the Banana Pudding Protein Mask! IT IS AWESOME!! My hair felt sooooo strong and soft immediately after I rinsed it out! it's a moderate to high protein treatment so I used this in place of the Aphogee 2-Step. I used Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Conditioner (light protein) as my conditioner of choice in the Mask.

Thanks to: Roux Porosity Control Conditioner, PAUL Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment, Hot Six Oil Mist and Paul Mitchell SS Serum my hair air dried soft and straight. If I wasn't so tired of looking at my 4b hair line staring back at me as I look in the mirror, I might've been tempted to stretch longer.

divachyk

Curls........

@divachyk I have been putting my hair in 2 bantu knots at night and then in the morning fluff and go. It gives a nice wave pattern. I am really careful not to twist the hair too tight to prevent breakage.

Lilmama1011 and QueenAmaka, I roller set and/or pin curl and have wave & bounce from that but was hoping for some type of protective style that I can keep in for two days. I apologize for leaving out that detail. I was thinking a flat twist style of some kind.

xu93texas

@xu93texas
Yes a wig :yep:!! You know I don't do wigs, weaves or extension braids but if I plan to stretch six months then wearing my hair out is completely out of the questions. I sweat heavily on my head so I can only attempt this in the colder months. The wig will have to be very natural looking and of good quality because I can't sand those cheap, super shiny ones. Where do you buy your wigs?

I buy them from hairwigharlem.com or from local bss stores. I'm getting ready to purchase another half wig to sport until Labor Day. Then, I'm going to get another weave installed as a protective style for the next stretch.

xu93texas

@xu93texas
Yes Chica we are!! I'm going to have to find myself a good book to read for the next week to calm my nerves, lol.

I had no idea you were wanting to transition too! I will eventually, but not sure when exactly, I'm not all that impressed with my natural texture and shrinkage. :nono:. I would love to have you as my transition buddy when I do make my decision.

No appointment yet? I guess that's good seeing as you were originally wanting to stretch 19 weeks? Selfishly I was hoping we can stay on the same stretch schedule but I completely understand. I know you'll keep us posted:yep:

I finally made my appointment for my relaxer. It's next Friday.

xu93texas

...so I am all done with my last weekly wash and DC before I relax on Thursday. More importantly, the Banana Pudding Protein Mask! IT IS AWESOME!! My hair felt sooooo strong and soft immediately after I rinsed it out! it's a moderate to high protein treatment so I used this in place of the Aphogee 2-Step. I used Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Conditioner (light protein) as my conditioner of choice in the Mask.

Thanks to: Roux Porosity Control Conditioner, PAUL Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment, Hot Six Oil Mist and Paul Mitchell SS Serum my hair air dried soft and straight. If I wasn't so tired of looking at my 4b hair line staring back at me as I look in the mirror, I might've been tempted to stretch longer.

I will be doing the Banana Pudding Protein Mask on Monday. I'm glad you liked it. I'm so ready to try this one!

Cattypus1

All loced up...
KiWiStyle said:

Thanks, KiWi! I'm going for the banana mask today.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I didn't put anything on my NG other than my leave-in conditioner and now my NG is drawn up and packed :-(.

Do you guys moisturize your NG prior to relaxer?? divachyk do you put heat protectant on each section as you flat iron your NG?

Cattypus1

All loced up...
KiWiStyle said:
I didn't put anything on my NG other than my leave-in conditioner and now my NG is drawn up and packed :-(.

Do you guys moisturize your NG prior to relaxer?? divachyk do you put heat protectant on each section as you flat iron your NG?

I use porosity control on the entire length of my hair and allow it to dry before I apply my relaxer. It doesn't get packed but it does clearly mark the line of demarcation. The one thing I changed this time was that I applied a good amount of Vaseline to my previously relaxed hair to protect it from run-off.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Cattypus1 said:
I use porosity control on the entire length of my hair and allow it to dry before I apply my relaxer. It doesn't get packed but it does clearly mark the line of demarcation. The one thing I changed this time was that I applied a good amount of Vaseline to my previously relaxed hair to protect it from run-off.

Thanks Cattypus1. So do you moisturize your NG the week before your relaxer...your last pre-relaxer wash day?

divachyk

KiWiStyle, I normally wash 5 days prior to TU. I moisturize the ng really good and roller set. My roller set hair/ng stays moisturized longer than air dried hair/ng so I'm usually good on the moisturizer until my TU.

I spray heat protect ant on every section as I'm flat ironing the ng the night prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.