I'm Grazing WSL...now what?!? :/

drappedup

Ok ladies you got me scurred :perplexed You guys worked so hard to have long hair and now you only wear buns or ponytails? Is long hair not what you thought it would be? Is it to much work :wallbash: Are you afraid to wear different styles due to possible breakage or damage?

That's what I'm saying! I mean, maybe I'm just boring......but does it have to be styled all crazy like everyday? :perplexed Maybe I'm just simple-minded. I've never been one for clever hair dos. I may admire them from afar, but normally don't do them myself. It's just, reading how many ladies with natural AND long hair decide to constantly wear their hair up, seems odd to me. Almost like defeating the whole purpose of having the length. Is it really that much trouble?

I mean, the whole reason I never once handled my own hair until very, VERY recently, was that I was told my whole life that thick hair is sooooo much harder to manage, and that I have sooooo much hair. But looking back I feel like that's an exaggeration. My hair is thick, yes, but now that I'm doing it myself, I feel like my stylist was just being somewhat manipulative and that my mom was just clueless in general. IDK.

Anyway, I'll go out on a limb and say that it depends on why you grew your hair. For me it's not really about styles. I know that mine will be up in different buns and twisted styles and worn down only once in a while. For me long hair is an extension of my feminine energy and to be surrounded in would be an extension of the beauty and grace all women have been granted by nature. My hair is grown so that I can enjoy it's presence, not so I can use it for some specific purpose. Thought, I will enjoy fancy updo's when my hair grows out. I just think they are regal.

I completely agree. Even when I had longer hair, I didn't really style it very creatively. I usually just wore it plain or with a slight ABC123ish style. But I've never been good at styling my hair. I've been wearing my hair in a bun for nearly the last 2 years to work, and I am just NOW starting to master cutesy and sleek looking bun techniques. Before my hair would be a hot mess by the end of the day, lol, half of it not held down by my scrunchies, etc.! I'd just be happy with the length. For me, length is something of beauty; that's how I felt when it was longer