ANYONE WHOSE GOAL IS NOT WSL?????

Mine was apl but then i thought that wouldn't be long enough, so then it went to bsl. Now i don't think that will be long enough either so my goal is mbl stretched...but depending on how much shrinkage i get that may change lol.

I really don't have any ambitions beyond layered APL (so that the shortest layers are SL)

I've never fantasized about long hair...

honestly my hair goal is WAY shorter than that! I just want my hair to be full armpit or even full shoulder length. I'm good with that. my hair is past shoulder length but not fully so that's what i want.

MBL would be so great but my main goal is BSL simply because i keep cutting the hair when it gets to over whelming for me

My goal is only Full BSL, or MBL in the back and BSL in the front. I never want or wanted waist lenght hair.

I'm only aiming for BSL. I'm natural with thick hair. I feel like anything beyond that would be too much for me to deal with. I'm currently an inch from APL (when straight)--so I figure I'll hit BSL in '10. THen I plan to just maintain healthy hair at that length.

Last edited:
Yup! BSL to MBL for me... I want it to still look modern and stylish and lightly layered. :yep:I just don't think the WL thing works for me and my lifestyle. I just remember it getting caught on all kind of stuff back in the day and all the extra $$ by stylists... and keep it real; I'll probably be less likely to want to do it myself. But who knows... this may change... but right now BSL to MBL... I am actually liking APL on me..

Even though I'm 5'8", I have a short torso. So MBL (my goal) or BSL for that matter will "look" like WSL on me anyway. But I could be very happy at full APL too! :grin:

Nayeli

Your hair is beautiful!!! Yours is the first picture that I have viewed that looks somewhat like my hair. Your 2007 photo looks a lot like my starting point. Great job! you go girl. I pray I stick it out. Many blessing to you and all the growers!

Glory

Even though my goal is WL, if I reached full MBL and never WL, I think I would still be happy.

I want to get to waist length just to see if I can and then cut back to MBL.....although my SO wants me to grow to HL :huh::nono: that is wayyyy too long for my 5 foot nuthin height!!

ITA with this. My current length is the longest my hair has ever been so I want to get to WL out of curiosity. After that, I'll just cut it back to somewhere between BSL and MBL.

I think I'm just thrilled that WL hair for me is a goal that I can achieve and not a fantasy. Once the thrill is gone, I won't be scared to cut it because I know what to do to grow it back if I wanted to.

ETA: OK, I've changed my mind. Now that I've discovered bantu knot outs, I want my hair longer than ever since I'll just wear it wavy most of the time anyway. I think I'm just going to grow it until it stops!

Last edited:
My goal is full BSL, when I get there I will be soooo happy. My hair has never been longer than shoulder length.

I'm only 5'2, I think anything longer than MBL will be too much for me.

My goal is MBL right now, because I've been stuck at just below BSL for almost two years now so I'll be happy just to see it some day.

My goal is MBL unstretched. I'm not sure if I would be able to hand anything more than that:look:... My hair would be a tangled lion king mess!

i want WL just to see if i can grow it that long. i know i will cut it to MBL. that would be fine for me. plus with WL, i would look like Cousin It. LOL!

I think since I'm taller I haven't even entertained being WSL. I would be happy with BSL and super excited with MBL hair, because that seems super unattainable for me. I'm just trying to get it as long as I can get it and still have it look healthy.

My goal is full MBL, I think that has always been my goal. I know that I will be hapy with that length. My hair is past BSL now and it actually feels long. My ultimate goal is elbow length. Nothing pleases me more than when I toss my hair and it touches my arm. So if my hair reached my elbow I would be done and extremely happy with my self.
I have learned in the almost 2 years since I started this journey is patience is key. So I will get there eventually if I keep doing what I am doing.
So yes WSL is my ultimate fantasy goal. But...I'll get there when I get there.

Every time I see your siggy I think "I wonder if Honey-Dip and Manushka are related?". Y'all favor each other.

Haha I just saw honeydip picture and I scrolled back up to double check the name. I thought hmmm Manushka changed her screename? But I looked at the pic again and said Manushka is not natural. I thought wow Are they twins or just sisters?I'm actually curious.

Wow, I had to go look her up :yep: I see it. We do favor, however we are not related nor do we know one another. We could pass for sisters though.

Hey Manushka...you're cute girl-lol.:yep:

My goal is full APL, maybe an inch or so past that. I'm tall (5'9") with a long neck and torso, so I think APL is good enough for me...for now. lol

I think WL is too much hair for me to deal with. Shoot, now that I have three babies, 2" sounds good on most days. My goal is full bra strap length. I think I'll keep it there. :yep:

Back