I'm Grazing WSL...now what?!? :/

BeautifulFlower

So I relax'd my hair last night and I am sooo close to WSL :grin: I cant believe it. Heck, I may be hip length by Dec 2010. Thats just retarded.:spinning:

But to be honest, all I have is length and thickness now. I do nothing to my hair. :look:

Not because I want to protect my ends but because its so much and takes too long to do. So I co-wash (or simply run water through it) almost every night. I search and destroy split ends regularly. I do ponytails and buns. I used to do braidouts but even thats labor for me. If I am going out with my SO, I may straigthen it. Thats it. :sad:

What do you BSL+ do to your hair? I really dont have a clue.

I'll post pics when I buy a new camera.

FYI...I'm not complaining and I'm not wsl length yet but close
Update: 'Sorta' Pic in Siggy!

Last edited:

Toy

Congrats on making waistlength i have no ideas because i do nothing with mine but ponytails and buns also.

BostonMaria

Are you complaining that you're WSL? Because if you are there will be stones thrown at you LOL

Congratulations!

ETA: To answer your questions I flatiron, do ponytails, wash and go's, braid outs, but mostly I leave it alone in a ponytail or bun about 75% of the time.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
OMG what do you mean you don't know what to do to your hair now:

-Twist outs
-Roller-sets on large magnet rollers for a sexy beach wave look
-Bantu Knots
-A tight roller set to make your hair have a lot of volume and look either SL/APL
-A crazy up-do with cascade curls
-Etc.

Ediese

Now you know you can't come up in here and tell us you made WL, and not post pics. That ain't right!

Congrats btw! :)

brittle_hair

So I relax'd my hair last night and I am sooo close to WSL :grin: I cant believe it. Heck, I may be hip length by Dec 2010. Thats just retarded.:spinning:

But to be honest, all I have is length and thickness now. I do nothing to my hair. :look:

Not because I want to protect my ends but because its so much and takes too long to do. So I co-wash (or simply run water through it) almost every night. I search and destroy split ends regularly. I do ponytails and buns. I used to do braidouts but even thats labor for me. If I am going out with my SO, I may straigthen it. Thats it. :sad:

What do you BSL+ do to your hair? I really dont have a clue.

I'll post pics when I buy a new camera.

FYI...MOVE THREAD MODS LOL

(At the bolded) Are you actually complaining? I have barely any length and virtually no thickness thanks to the last hairdresser who relaxed my hair. If I was waist length I'd have a different hairstyle for everyday of the week!

Filmatic

Though I must give you the side eye first I will try to help. :grin:

When I was BSL(oh so long ago) I did really cute buns. I would do twist outs bc they took less time. Or if I wanted a fun ponytail I would do 4 braids on my my head and do a braid out pony tail.

I'll try to attach some longer hair options.

Last edited:

Lylddlebit

Congratulations

I alternate between natural and straightened styles...and try to recreate looks from hair mags that I like. Sometimes I am successful in recreating the looks and when I fail, I have something new to work at :).

twinkletoes17

I'm BSL. I mostly bun and wear ponytails too. I use heat maybe every other month? I'm thinking of cutting my BSL hair because it's too long. I can't imagine being near WL. Congrats :)

My Friend

Ok ladies you got me scurred :perplexed You guys worked so hard to have long hair and now you only wear buns or ponytails? Is long hair not what you thought it would be? Is it to much work :wallbash: Are you afraid to wear different styles due to possible breakage or damage?

supermodelsonya

Beautiful hair! I love your blog as well but serious question....Why did you decide to grow it to waist length if you weren't sure as to what to do with it.

If I were in your shoes, I'd be smacking all my doubters in the face with my
hair for starters.

If you're s till not sure what to do, check out the thread where a lot of members were living "vicariously" through the members with longer hair. There should be a lot of tips there.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=433600

Last edited:

brg240

I'm the same way :/ I do braidouts sometimes but I mostly do a bun at nape of my neck. Oh and I wear pigtails and a hat. I'm not really creative and I'm kinda lazy...:rolleyes::ohwell:

I do have a large folder of inspiration hair styles though. I just never do them XD On Easter I will try something I think.

To break up the monotony why don't you aim to try a new style every week. :)

I love this braid so much

Ok ladies you got me scurred :perplexed You guys worked so hard to have long hair and now you only wear buns or ponytails? Is long hair not what you thought it would be? Is it to much work :wallbash: Are you afraid to wear different styles due to possible breakage or damage?
I don't know about the other ladies but it takes to long... I am lazy. I do wear it out about half the time for church. It just can be troublesome to do things with.

aquajoyice

Congradulations! I can't wait to get to MBL but afraid that I too will have the same issues. I'm at BSL and am already running out of ideas. But my excuse for all of the buns are "I haven't reached my goal yet" ;)

anon123

I would check out some of the more elaborate buns on YouTube or over at Long Hair Community for some ideas.

kittykhat

Congratulations! I can't wait to be even close to that length! But I would just continue doing whatever you're doing now, because it's working. :) Just keep your ends moisturized.

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Are you complaining that you're WSL? Because if you are there will be stones thrown at you LOL

Congratulations!

ETA: To answer your questions I flatiron, do ponytails, wash and go's, braid outs, but mostly I leave it alone in a ponytail or bun about 75% of the time.

:lachen: Basically! lol