Doobies Are Not Hair Do's!-Rant

Mizani_Mrs

I see it occasionally in a store every now n then. I think it is incredibly tacky, to be worn in a professional setting. But it is appropriate if you are just out running errands or lounging. I have worn one from the salon to my home and haven't thought twice about it, and i'd wear it to a store, but i'd never wear a scarf to a store...

As far as the doobie, the term is synonymous with a 'rollerWrap'. Meaning, you get a rollerset, THEN you get the hair wrapped around your head. If u get just the rollerset, then it's just a 'rollerset'. And if u just get a wrap, then it's just a wrap. but if you get both of them... then it's a doobie aka rollerwrap.

SoUKnoMe

Ok, when I first read this thread I laughed, but do you know that this lady has been in the OFFICE for two days with a *doobie*... now the first day I thought she as running late, but today... nah... and we work for a large law firm. I agree... it ain't no hair do.:lol:

envybeauty

NewYorkgyrl said:
I have never been the type to care what other people think. If I have ish to do I should not have to feel like I have to comb my hair down just to go outside and get what I have to do done. That is the same thing to me as women who refuse to be seen in public with sweats on or women who just can't be outside without make-up. Please....it is just the corner store, laundry mat, etc.....

And I will def not unwrap my hair if it raining if I am going from the car to the destination and back to the car and risk my hair getting messed up.

Maybe like other women said I do see many women do this in NY. I also see women with head scarfs and head wraps. And I don't think any of those women really care what anyone thinks.

Now that I am transitioning I do not wrap my hair, I pin curl it.....and YES I will go outside with my hair like that if I am running some errands or just going to the brooklyn, harlem...wherever and I know darn well I am not going to leave my families house.

And in the summer time I will sit on the veranda with rollers in my hair. I hate the dryer in the summer so air drying is best. I don't care what cars roll by. LOL

I guess what some think is unacceptable others could care less. One thing I would not do is go to a special even with it. I would most likely have a hairstyle anyway.LOL

True dat!! New Yorkers keeping it real.....I wear my hair in a doobie when leaving the salon and running errands. I could care less what others think as I get my nails done, pick up my dry cleaning, etc. with pins in my hair. I will not go to work with it like that though.

FeelinIt

Babygurl said:
IS is really THAT serious...:perplexed a lot of people are annoyed by my bun, but oh well...life goes on I suppose.

BBG is that you?? I haven't seen you here in a minute. Nice seeing your posts.

naturaline

yeah i must tell da truth i used to wear this style in my relaxed dayz- peps said they like it and it was easier than combin hehe. (cute earrings, allow the front to come down alittle 'lik kelis's) oh n some times i wore it with a hat in the winer with a little of the front coming across.

If ya can pull it off it luks HoT! lol

chayil0427

:lachen: I've not seen this...LOL ... apparently I'm not getting out enough. But I agree....if you're in a wrap...rollers ... or as I frequently am ... in a plastic cap...gotta grab that doo wrag on the way out the door!

Chayil

CookieLAD

nvybeauty said:
I wear my hair in a doobie when leaving the salon and running errands. I could care less what others think as I get my nails done, pick up my dry cleaning, etc. with pins in my hair. I will not go to work with it like that though.

Ditto on this! When I need to run errands after getting my hair done, and I happen to forget the scarf..... Too bad for y'all doobie-haters :lol:

PS...Some of the scarves/doo rags/etc. I see where I live are worse than the doobie!