• Other

Votes: 9 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

La Colocha

I love creamy moisturizers

Hydratherma naturals growth lotion
jessicurl too shea, wdt and aloeba

but i just invested in some sprays for when im tired and in a rush, sometimes i just spray my hair with water and im fine.

honeisos

creamy water based for me . cantv shea leave in has been my staple for years . even with the formula change it still works great . but my ends love pure shea butter every other day .

Filmatic

My hair like creamy water based the best even when I was texlaxed. I can also do a little spray. I make my own with rosewater, glycerin, a little shea cholesterol, oils,and aloe vera.

lonelysky

Baby Chick Gate 2011
My hair does well with creamy moisturizers, but I have yet to find a good one that doesn't contain mineral oil or petroleum.

sexyeyes3616

I like creamy moisturizers. I know a lot of women on here don't care for Elasta QP's mango butter but I love it. It is so light and doesn't weigh my hair down.

Vonnieluvs08

I've been experimenting with oils and sprays. I find that when I use my rosewater, glycerin, aloe vera juice spray then seal with coconut oil my hair is very soft and moisturized. That Elasta Mango Butter worked well on my edges in the winter but I'm not sure it worked so well with my whole head. I also like mixing oil based moisturizers with oils since it helps soften and seal at the same time.

When the heat comes who knows what will work best on my hair...she can be so stubborn:wallbash:

~NanCeBoTwin~

Dove Moisture Mist (the og formula, not the new stuff with "healing serum" :rolleyes: ) :love:
Aquage Hydrating Mist :love:
Oyin Juices & Berries :love:
Shescentit Green Grape Mist :love:
Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 :love:
Hairveda's Hydrasol Mist :love:
Glycerin and aloe vera juice :love:

I love love love that 14 n 1..works great on my relaxed hair and my dd's natural hair..I was about to PM you and ask you what moisturizers you use, and thought let me look through the thread I'm sure someone asked her already.
Where does one purchase glycerin, I've seen it come up often when folks are talking about moisture. Is it at Vitamin Shoppe, GNC or do I need to check Whole Foods or Trader Joes?

wheezy807

I love creamy water based. I don't like oil based and i hate sprays cause that wet feeling is soooo yucky to me!:perplexed

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I love love love that 14 n 1..works great on my relaxed hair and my dd's natural hair..I was about to PM you and ask you what moisturizers you use, and thought let me look through the thread I'm sure someone asked her already.
Where does one purchase glycerin, I've seen it come up often when folks are talking about moisture. Is it at Vitamin Shoppe, GNC or do I need to check Whole Foods or Trader Joes?
I get my glycerin from my bss. You can also get it from Vitamin Shoppe and Whole Foods. It's soooo good mixed with aloe vera juice. Uber moisturizing! It can be heavy though, so I try not to go TOO overboard with it :lol:

I'm glad 14 in 1 works for your daughter! It's so great!

danysedai

I've been using Kerastase Noctogenist Serum Nuit,expensive but sooo worthy. I had bought Phyto 9 botanical cream but it is a tiinyyy tube and I didn't see much improvement. The Noctogenist serum gets absorbed really well,just a bit on the ends and through the hair before going to bed. Love it.

outspokenwallflower

I'm now recently trying to find the 'perfect' moisturizer...I like HS 14 in 1 a lot, and I think Jane Carter Nourish & Shine is pretty good too...I am really loving, though I've only just tried it today, Ojon's Revitalizing Mist...Moisturizing, water based, detangling and smells soooooo good! So for now, my fav's are def. the Ojon and 14 in 1. I voted for sprays. =]

SmilingElephant

Right now i'm loving Shea Butter.....I've also been using just Vatika oil as a moisturizer too.

I mixed Vatika and Evoo oils in my shea butter and its heaven in a jar. Last summer i used SCurl (spray moisturizer) on my newgrowth. I think i might try that again this summer....sprays work well for me in the hotter months because i wet my hair more often and then i can spray and go.

~NanCeBoTwin~

I get my glycerin from my bss. You can also get it from Vitamin Shoppe and Whole Foods. It's soooo good mixed with aloe vera juice. Uber moisturizing! It can be heavy though, so I try not to go TOO overboard with it :lol:

I'm glad 14 in 1 works for your daughter! It's so great!

Thanks Tiffers, I love my 100% aloe vera juice, I keep some in a app bottle so I can squeeze it directly onto my NG.

Where is 14 in 1 sold at, only online?
I was in Sally's when I first came across it, thats where I purchase it. http://www.sallybeauty.com/Hawaiian-Silky-Miracle-Worker/SBS-615082,default,pd.html

LushLox

I'm still loving my NTM, I haven't really found anything to match that so far. I will use more of my Hawaiian silky as I get further into my stretch, as it really does wonders to soften my new growth.

moonglowdiva

I like creamy moisturizers. I will use a spray moisturizer to saturate my ends before I pin my hair up or bun it. I chose creamy moisturizer.

issidoll

My hair loves creamy moisturisers. I am using Mango and Shea Butter Lotion. Sometimes I use a conditioner for moisture.

moonglowdiva

Can relaxed hair use spray mosturizer?
Yes. I have CFC Instant spray moisturizer and others use scurl. It (CFC) keeps my ends moisturized. Anything that is watered will grow. Spray moisturizers are just avenues that are used to obtain moisture. They will not hurt relaxed / texlaxed hair.

Hot40

Yes. I have CFC Instant spray moisturizer and others use scurl. It (CFC) keeps my ends moisturized. Anything that is watered will grow. Spray moisturizers are just avenues that are used to obtain moisture. They will not hurt relaxed / texlaxed hair.

When do you use a spray for relaxed hair?
Will it leave my hair wet?

chebaby

i have very fine and not so thick natural hair i i love thick thick thick cream moisturizers.
right now my faves are:
oyin whipped pudding
curl whipped cream
kbb hair cream