Off-the-shelf daily moisturizer???

camilla

My 2 faves are elasta qp mango butter $5 and hollywood beauty oilive cream hairdress $1.50 for sample size i will try there carrot cream as well you cant go wrong on 2 bucks

SvelteVelvet

I'm currently using Pantene Relaxed & Naturals Daily Moisturizer. I've been using it nightly before setting for the past 2 weeks. It's ok. I also like ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer and Optimum Oil Therapy (i think thats the name) -yellow bottle.

darlingdiva

I like Jane Carter hair nourishing cream. This is a great moisturizer for relaxed hairs beause it does not weigh your hair down and its all natural.

I just bought this cream. I have been using it on my ends sealed w/ castor oil, and it's working pretty well so far.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I'm the same way. Watery moisturizers do NOTHING for me. I like buttery moisturizers that aren't too thick. So far, Hairveda's green tea moisturizing butter is working wonders for my NG. I allow it to harden just a little and not melt.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
this is what i use and i really like it
it's creamy and u can get it @ sally's

The picture didn't show. :redxgun1:

BlondeByDesire

I backed off water based too. I love optimum oil therapy dry hair and scalp quencher. Its has the purple label. The similar container with the pink label is like mineral oil in a jar. But the purple label, is the ish.:grin:

I was reading reviews on this product - some says it had a bad smell the second day. Do you find this to be true?

gabulldawg

I am running how on my Shea Butter Moisturizer. I was thinking about trying something else, since I wasn't really impressed. I've had my eye on ORS Olive Oil Hair Lotion. But now that Shtow and others have mentioned the Optimum I may have to look into that! :scratchch Too many choices! :lol:

fobaker

I like Mizani Rose H2O Conditioning Hairdress. Even though it is water based, it gives nice shine and is very moisturizing. I've been trying to stay away from parabens, but I can't find another hairdressing that I like better.

MissNina

Libra Girl
Silken Child moisturizing cream is the ish
HE LTR leave-in (I've used it as a daily moisturizer for the past yr. . .I stray and always go back)
NTM Silk Touch leave in(I know OP doesn't like it but it works wonders for me)

LongHairNWaiting

If I am sporting a pony tail or pin-up -- I use CAREFREE INSTANT MOISTURIZER. And I have to tell you, I love it!!! I am 100% relaxed. It doesn't dry my hair or make it feel brittle, etc. Now I also have to admit, I wet my hair with combo mixture of water/CathyH Dew/Aphrogee/Infusim23 (in a spray bottle). I get my hair nice and damp, then I put a lil CAREFREE on top. I massage it through nice and thorough, and I seal it all with Olive Oil. My hair on the outter layers drys soft, and my ends stays damp and moist all day. It's a perfect combination for my hair.

Please don't ask me my hair type, b/c all I can tell you is that it's "MINES".:) heheh.. It is thick, and course, and I love my short mane!

Peace and Blessings Ladies...
Keep Growing...and Growing...and growing...and striving for it!

LivingDoll

I like Mizani Rose H2O Conditioning Hairdress. Even though it is water based, it gives nice shine and is very moisturizing. I've been trying to stay away from parabens, but I can't find another hairdressing that I like better.

I used to use this too. I loved it...it's pricey but I think it's worth the money (almost $20 for a jar). :yep:

I like Silk Elements Mega Moisture too. EQP Mango Butter is good but only if you use it lightly. It can weigh hair down real quick. I can only use Mango Butter when I pony/bun.