Recommendations for a creamy, water-based moisturizer....

Glib Gurl

Hey Everyone -

Since becoming natural I have not been able to find a good solid, water-based moisturizer . . . tons of sprays, but no creams.

Any recommendations?

I am Type 4 hair....

Blairx0

Maybe something from the silk dreams line. I have some and I plan to buy more because of great results. I think mositurizers depend on the porosity of your hair. Go with thicker for high porosity and less think for lower.

Dposh167

glib if you don't get much feedback...please search for this topic. There have been quite a number of threads on this subject in recent weeks. just fyi

spellinto

If you're looking for something creamy but not heavy/greasy, Neutrogena Silk Touch Leave In is really good. It's the only moisturizer that has consistently brought me great results...plus it smells amazing! I'm type 4 but I'm relaxed...it works on my relaxed hair and my new growth though.

Evolving78

when i was natural the thick and heavy creams didn't work for me. QB Coco Detangling Ghee worked well for me and Oyin sprays worked good too.

i have low porosity by the way.

Krystle~Hime

Banana conditioner by The Body Shop.
I'm what people call 4b/4c hair and it's been 3 years i haven't found someone as moisturizing as that.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
I love Giovanni Direct Leave-In, although I know that some folk either love it or hate it. But my sure-fire moisturizer is Kinky Curly Custard and I add glycerin to it to make it even more moisturizing. Recently, I put some in an old spray bottle, added some distilled water and glycerin, shook it up and viola!: mega moisture in a bottle!

But, I live in a climate that supports optimal dew points for the use of glycerin...

MizzBrown

Darcy's Botanicals Daily Leave-in. Comes in about 10 different scents to choose from.

I use it everyday.

Ogoma

Banana conditioner by The Body Shop.
I'm what people call 4b/4c hair and it's been 3 years i haven't found someone as moisturizing as that.

I thought I read somewhere they discontinued it or changed the formula or something to that effect. Is it still working the same for you? I want to try it.

Ogoma

I am liking the Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Cream (it has a longer name, but this all I can remember :lol:). I also liked the Pura Body Naturals Murumuru Moisture Milk. Given the great sales she has, it would have been a staple, but the scent is too strong for me and it lingers.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Ogoma What does the Pura Body Naturals Murumuru Moisture Milk smell like to you? I've been wanting to hear more about this product.

Ogoma

NappyNelle I don't know if I can even describe it. I believe the fragrance I got is called Tahitian Vanilla. It was a very sweet and lingering smell. The undernotes are similar to the Oyin Hair Dew in my opinion. Whenever I used it on my hair, I could smell it on my pillow. I don't do well with strong smells so I could barely breathe.

Leslie_C

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and/or Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk....both are very moisturizing. On my hair the smoothie is a little more moisturizing than the milk so if my hair is a tad dry I use the milk and it it feels thirsty I use the smoothie. I mist with water, apply product, and seal with EVCO. I no longer have parched hair thanks to these products and people at work always want to touch my hair and comment on how soft and fluffy it is. They are a little too comfortable reaching out for my hair all the time, but that is whole different topic lol.

Ogoma

NappyNelle I just noticed there is an unscented version. I haven't tried it yet, but I will be snapping up some bottles during the next 40% off sale.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Ogoma 40% OFF?! Whaaaaaaaatttttttttt? Oh man, there goes my effort to not buy from "new" product lines. :lol:

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Glib.

virtuenow

This will be the first time I endorse a creamy based in years. Komaza Califia Leave-In or Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner. Both are treating me just right at this time.

SEMO

As I Am Leave-in conditioner. This is the first leave-in that I've loved in awhile and I like that I can get it locally at Sally's.

WendellaWoody

I really like HairVeda's Whipped Clouds moisturizer. It seal with grape seed oil after applying it to the length of my hair and the ends, and my hair loves it! Not heavy or greasy, but nice, soft and moisturized. I mainly use this on dry hair, and when doing protective styling. But, I can say that when I take my hair down from the bun to re-apply it looks great, is shiny, and doesn't feel or look greasy. HTH!