Daily moisturizer - what do u use?

Whimsy

What do you use for daily moisturizing on your straightened hair?
A sheen spray?
An oil moisturizer?
All my moisturizers are water based so I don’t want to put that on my ends and have them revert to curly.

InnerSoul

I use UBH dew spray moisturizer and ORS oil moisturizing lotion(both of these are water based moisturizers)... I usually spray with dew first and then use the ORS... after that I seal with almond oil or EVOO. But I moisturize sometimes without sealing... I am relaxed so my hair usually doesn't revert unless I am so many weeks post relaxer.. even then it just crimps a little(love that textured look post relaxer)!

Last edited:

navsegda

Whimsy said:
A sheen spray?
An oil moisturizer?
All my moisturizers are water based so I don’t want to put that on my ends and have them revert to curly.
I can pretty much use any type of moisturizer on my hair after it has been straightened because I straighten with ::drumroll:: CHI Silk Infusion. Even when water directly got on my hair, it did not cause any part of my hair (including the ends) to revert. I used to have a major problem with my ends reverting before the CHI and this would piss me off to no end.

I only use water-based moisturizers now as my moisturizers. I've used Nexxus Phyto Organics Humectin, Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal Leave-In Comb-In Treatment, Garnier Length & Strength Anti-Split Ends Treatment, Garnier Length & Strength Fortifying Cream Conditioner, V05 Moisture Milks Strawberries & Cream Conditioner, and Herbal Essences Break's Over Strengthening Leave-In Creme as moisturizers without my hair reverting--no matter how much of these I use.

gymfreak336

I use jane carter nourish and shine, hairobics, bb castor oil and I recently just started using either rusk leave in or herbal essence breaks over leave in on my ends.

buttaflye03

navsegda said:
I can pretty much use any type of moisturizer on my hair after it has been straightened because I straighten with ::drumroll:: CHI Silk Infusion. Even when water directly got on my hair, it did not cause any part of my hair (including the ends) to revert. I used to have a major problem with my ends reverting before the CHI and this would piss me off to no end.

I only use water-based moisturizers now as my moisturizers. I've used Nexxus Phyto Organics Humectin, Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal Leave-In Comb-In Treatment, Garnier Length & Strength Anti-Split Ends Treatment, Garnier Length & Strength Fortifying Cream Conditioner, V05 Moisture Milks Strawberries & Cream Conditioner, and Herbal Essences Break's Over Strengthening Leave-In Creme as moisturizers without my hair reverting--no matter how much of these I use.

I have got to buy this. You speak highly of it too much for me to ignore anymore!:lol:

OOOps forgot to add. I use water based most times. I love NTM Silk Touch.

HoneyDew

I am texlaxed and after I straighten I use a cream moisturizer. My 2 favorite ones I won't even mention because they have been discontinued :( I can use them with no problems.

I am looking for replacements but the Garnier sleek and shine leave in is the one that seems to be just as good. I have not really gotten deep with that one because I still have some of my favorites left.

The few times that I the Garnier was great though. I still felt like I needed to seal it with oil or serum for shine, though.

BrooklynSouth

Whimsy said:
A sheen spray?
An oil moisturizer?

I use NTM and ISOPLUS lavender,or Silk Elements moisturizer sometimes MEGA-TEK avocado and the MEGA-TEK Rebuilder {tends to be kind of visible after application, so I have to plastic cap it to let it soak in.} I then seal with coconut, bhringhraj or Amla. I do this three times a day.

ItsyBitsy

I use just a dab of ORS Olive oil in the jar throughout my hair before wrapping at night. In the morning I put more ORS only on the very ends.
Sometimes I use Dove Sheer Moisture Mist but I like the ORS better.

septemberbaby

I alternate between UBH Dew and UBH Creme Lotion moisturizers. I don't seal them with anything, but I guess I should start. :confused:

Iansan

I use Salerm 21 or Lacio Lacio for a moisturizer when I wear wash and gos, I seal them with a serum. The weeks I get a blow out I use the same products, and I use a little serum everyday after I unwrap it in the morning. I know serums aren't technically moisturizers, but they work for me.

ItsyBitsy

buttafly said:
I use Salerm 21 or Lacio Lacio for a moisturizer when I wear wash and gos, I seal them with a serum. The weeks I get a blow out I use the same products, and I use a little serum everyday after I unwrap it in the morning. I know serums aren't technically moisturizers, but they work for me.

I forgot I had some of this in my stash. I used this for a rollerset before, it made my hair look like a saggy mop. Maybe I used to much. Do you find that it weighs your hair down? I really hate that it didn't work well for me. Hopefully I used it wrong and can figure out an alternative use for it. I really wanted to like this. I hate wasting my $$$$$$ :mad:

Iansan

DIONNE31 said:
I forgot I had some of this in my stash. I used this for a rollerset before, it made my hair look like a saggy mop. Maybe I used to much. Do you find that it weighs your hair down? I really hate that it didn't work well for me. Hopefully I used it wrong and can figure out an alternative use for it. I really wanted to like this. I hate wasting my $$$$$$ :mad:

I actually find Lacio Lacio to be rather light and does not weigh my hair down at all. Perhaps you used too much? I find a little goes a long way. I mix it with serum in my hand and apply it to soaking wet, detangled hair concentrating mostly on the ends. Hopes this helps.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
navsegda said:

Off topic but I just bought the Chi Silk Infusion and I'm in love!!! Only thing is the smell LOL, my beau asked if I was around another guy before I came over. I was like no honey, it's my hair. :lol:

ItsyBitsy

buttafly said:
I actually find Lacio Lacio to be rather light and does not weigh my hair down at all. Perhaps you used too much? I find a little goes a long way. I mix it with serum in my hand and apply it to soaking wet, detangled hair concentrating mostly on the ends. Hopes this helps.

I probably did use to much. You know how it is when finally get something you've heard so much about, I was excited to finally get it and was a little heavy handed. Got stay calm when using new stuff...:spinning: :wacky: :dizzy:

sareca

I apply Keracare Hairdress then roll it. If I use it w/o rolling my hair it's fizzy.

Brownie518

I use Jane Carter Nourish and Shine or Qhemet Heavy Cream (the best!) I might throw in some Garnier Length and Strength anti-split end leave in, or NTM leave in. I like to seal any of these with Jessicurl oil blend, Hollywood Beauty Carrot Oil, BB Growth Oil, or Vatika Oil. I give my ends, edges, and nape more attention with WGHO.

milotic13

navsegda said:

Ok do they sell CHI Silk Infusion in regular BSS? Navsegda do you have a picture of the bottle? B/c if this help your hair not to revert then I can use any moisturizer w/o fear of using too much. Right now I have to use just a little and some days I get product happy.

amy1234

I started using evoo again (not the generic kind, this one's from spain) and apply it to my hair 3x a week and my hair has become very smooth and pliable. I can run my fingers through my hair without having any breakage.

Catina72

Although the UBH Hair Lotion Moisturizer is water-based, I've found that if I use it and then lightly twist my hair up or tie down with a satin scarf for a few minutes, my hair will not revert. Also, the Qhemet Heavy Cream is not water based so that is also an option. I also have just started using the Blended Beauty Butter cream on my ends because it is not water based either. I then seal with either WGO or coconut oil, HTH!!

navsegda

milotic13 said:
Ok do they sell CHI Silk Infusion in regular BSS? Navsegda do you have a picture of the bottle? B/c if this help your hair not to revert then I can use any moisturizer w/o fear of using too much. Right now I have to use just a little and some days I get product happy.
I haven't seen any CHI products in a regular BSS. I know you can find it in Trade Secret and JCPenney Salon. Others have said they've seen it at Walgreens or Walmart. I think one person even mentioned seeing some CHI at her Kroger.

Yes, I have a picture of it. It's in my fotki under "Hair Products."

I love moisturizers. I used to hate them because I hadn't found the correct serum when flat ironing. My hair would revert the next day if I used something else or if anything with water in it would touch it. I love the freedom the Silk Infusion gives me. :)