Off-the-shelf daily moisturizer???

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good daily moisturizer that I can buy off the shelf? I am relaxed and my hair doesn't seem to like the water based moisturizers. NTM did nothing for my hair. So, I am looking for something creamy that will moisturize and give my hair some shine.

shtow

I backed off water based too. I love optimum oil therapy dry hair and scalp quencher. Its has the purple label. The similar container with the pink label is like mineral oil in a jar. But the purple label, is the ish.:grin:

4mia

i cosign with shtow, she recommended this too me, so i got it from sally's because everywhere else didnt have the purple label jar only the pink. (and you do not want the pink, it has mineral oil)
well this stuff works wonders for my thirsty hair. I love it

I've been wondering about the Elasta QP as well. I've seen it a few times and thought about it but I've seen some mixed reviews on here. I may have to try it out anyway. Hopefully I can find the Optimum Oil Therapy without having to go to the BSS. If I step foot in there I will spend way too much money. LOL.

shtow

i cosign with shtow, she recommended this too me, so i got it from sally's because everywhere else didnt have the purple label jar only the pink. (and you do not want the pink, it has mineral oil)
well this stuff works wonders for my thirsty hair. I love it

Im glad u liked it! I was going to ask you today how it worked out for you. Its a godsend!

crumbling_images

I found the ORS Olive Oil Hair Lotion (the one in the 8oz. bottle) to be creamy & moisturizing. I picked this up one day and discovered a very nice, reasonably priced hair moisturizer/lotion.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good daily moisturizer that I can buy off the shelf? I am relaxed and my hair doesn't seem to like the water based moisturizers. NTM did nothing for my hair. So, I am looking for something creamy that will moisturize and give my hair some shine.

jenteel

this is what i use and i really like it
it's creamy and u can get it @ sally's

21Trixie

Aveda Universal Styling Creme- It is a creamy moisturizer. I really like this b/c it's not greasy nor does it weigh my hair down. You can pick this up from any Aveda Salon if there's one near you.

BB Hair Lotion w/ Castor Oil- This one is creamy as well. I brought this for my daughter. It keeps her hair moisturize and provides a nice sheen. Sally's carry. I think Walmart does too.

bella gee

I use this one called Shea Moisture Leave-In (by shea moisture)..you can find it online for like $7 at beautyofnewyork.com----Its really thick and creamy and rich...and a little goes a long way:yep:

fluffylocks

Some of profective cremes....breakfree and roothealth maybe too water for you, but healthy ends (the pink one), and megagrowth (the yellow one), are really thick

There basically everywhere

tbaby_8

I have used the silk elements hair moisture and it is good. I am not currently using Profectiv anti breakage creme and so far so good. I have been eyeing the new era Platinum shea creme. Is it any good? How does it make your hair feel. I was going to buy that one too, but I got scared and didn't want to buy something unnecessarily.

Oh BTW Brown shuga girl, you alls hair looks too cute.:grin:

adw425

Yesterday I bought some Palmers coconut oil formula replenishing hair milk from Walmart for $4.99. I rarely buy a leave-in from a drugstore or BSS because I like my leave-ins to have lots of hair-friendly stuff like wheat protein, panthenol, silk amino acids, aloe vera, vitamin E, and good oils and butters, etc. This has coconut oil, vitamin e, shea butter, castor oil and a few other ingredients that suited me that I cannot remember and it did very well on my hair. I cannot seem to find it online as I was going to post a picture and the ingredients. They also have a olive oil moisturizing milk. It has the consistency of a hair lotion and it does not contain mineral oil. This morning my hair was nicely moisturized without being tacky or gummy or greasy/oily. I applied on wet hair after I applied my aloe vera gel and then sealed.

Jazala

I backed off water based too. I love optimum oil therapy dry hair and scalp quencher. Its has the purple label. The similar container with the pink label is like mineral oil in a jar. But the purple label, is the ish.:grin:

Hey yesterday I went to Sally's looking for this and they only had one jar left. They had a bunch of the other kinds. It had a red reduced-price tag and a bunch of scotch tape on it (the label was falling off) so took it to the counter and asked the lady what was wrong with the jar and if they had any others. She said that that it was being DISCONTINUED and they won't be getting anymore of it. :sad::sad::sad::sad:

I ended up buying Profectiv (sp?) hair lotion instead. It was the only other mosturizer/leave-in conditioner that didn't have WATER listed first. I didn't buy the last jar of optimum because when i opened it, it looked like someone had stuck fingers in there lol.:lachen:

tbaby_8

Has anybody else tried the new era shea butter moisturizer that Janeel has?:ohwell: I wanted to hear a review about it.

charmtreese

I like Jane Carter hair nourishing cream. This is a great moisturizer for relaxed hairs beause it does not weigh your hair down and its all natural.

shtow

Hey yesterday I went to Sally's looking for this and they only had one jar left. They had a bunch of the other kinds. It had a red reduced-price tag and a bunch of scotch tape on it (the label was falling off) so took it to the counter and asked the lady what was wrong with the jar and if they had any others. She said that that it was being DISCONTINUED and they won't be getting anymore of it. :sad::sad::sad::sad:

I ended up buying Profectiv (sp?) hair lotion instead. It was the only other mosturizer/leave-in conditioner that didn't have WATER listed first. I didn't buy the last jar of optimum because when i opened it, it looked like someone had stuck fingers in there lol.:lachen:

Ohhhhh hell! I can never win:wallbash:. Soon as I find something perfect. Off to curse out Optimum....

atlien

I like Jane Carter hair nourishing cream. This is a great moisturizer for relaxed hairs beause it does not weigh your hair down and its all natural.

oooo Where can you buy this one also.......How does it make your hair feel?

I am searching hard for a new moisturizer.

chebaby

i used eqp mango butter and i thought it was good. then my hair started to feel funny. not really brittle but almost dry so i stopped using it. i've been using natural oasis shea butter and jojoba oil mixture and i love this stuff. it's so good. but i only use it at night.
does anyone think i should give mango butter another run for day use?

charmtreese

oooo Where can you buy this one also.......How does it make your hair feel?

I am searching hard for a new moisturizer.

You can find it at whole foods and the vitamin shoppe. This is the first moisturizer that made my hair feel soft and pliable without being greasy.

SelfStyled

i used eqp mango butter and i thought it was good. then my hair started to feel funny. not really brittle but almost dry so i stopped using it. i've been using natural oasis shea butter and jojoba oil mixture and i love this stuff. it's so good. but i only use it at night.
does anyone think i should give mango butter another run for day use?

The mango butter made my hair feel dry when I used it daily. Now I just use it every now and then.

I have had good luck with Profective (yellow cream). Water is listed 2nd or 3rd, smells good and my hair feel moisturized.

Believe me, my Pj self will be looking for the purple label Optimum oil therapy- thanks Stow and others!

Last edited: