Spray In Moisturizer...

Melody.Monroe

I would like a spray in moisturizer that doesn't make my hair wet or cause reversion. Is there anything like that?...Not looking for a glosser or shine spray but an actual moisturizer. What are some good ones or what do I search for...thanks!!

westNDNbeauty

interested in the responses.

for something to be a spray, i'm not sure how it would not be some sort of liquid as well. i use taliah wajiid protective mist moisturizer. love it!

LaFemmeNaturelle

From my understanding, a moisturizer must contain water in order to moisturize your hair...unless your hair is already wet or damp. Maybe you would do good to just use coconut oil or another light oil....guess you could put it in a spray bottle if ya want :-\

Noir

Yes for something to be considered a moisturizer it would need to contain water. And as you know water = reversion.

My suggestion would be to lubricate and condition your hair with fractionated coconut oil - correct name is Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride. It is very very light (watery/fluid like consistency) and non-greasy. It is light and fluid enough to put into a spray bottle and spritz onto the hair. Because it is a fraction of the whole (coconut) oil, it will still be able to penetrate the hair.

HTH :)

Melody.Monroe

I know it has to have water in it. I just don't want WET hair...and everything is so heavy on my hair and makes it icky and flat. :-( I use Jojoba Oil BUT it doesn't mist well...just squirts...which sucks...LOL!

kizzylonghair

Girl,

Mix your own. I use Water, Glycerin, Olive Oil, Almond Oil, Coconut oil, Amla. What ever your favourites are. Put in a small spray bottle with a nozzle so you can adjust the spray and there you go :clapping:

Any good moisturiser has the above, I lightly spray my hair every day and it does not way my hair down :bye:

Melody.Monroe

Girl,

Mix your own. I use Water, Glycerin, Olive Oil, Almond Oil, Coconut oil, Amla. What ever your favourites are. Put in a small spray bottle with a nozzle so you can adjust the spray and there you go :clapping:

Any good moisturiser has the above, I lightly spray my hair every day and it does not way my hair down :bye:

Yeah I am going to have to find the formulation that is good for my hair. My hair is weird as all get out!! It drinks moisturizer like no other (my scalp) but my actual hair gets weighed down...it's annoying but doesn't matter too much now that it is about to get cold because it is about to UP!! And STAY THERE! LOL! Im Corny I know!

kizzylonghair

Yeah I am going to have to find the formulation that is good for my hair. My hair is weird as all get out!! It drinks moisturizer like no other (my scalp) but my actual hair gets weighed down...it's annoying but doesn't matter too much now that it is about to get cold because it is about to UP!! And STAY THERE! LOL! Im Corny I know!

Just give it a try, I live in the UK so I know about the cold. My hair will be up most of the time from now, but still dont like that weighed down feeling either

D.Lisha

Melody.Monroe: This is sooo OT BUT....I am in complete envy of you!
You took a picture with POOCH HALL! Like how in the world were you able to maintain complete control so that you wouldn't jump on him while he was standing that close to you?
Where were yall?!

Melody.Monroe

Melody.Monroe: This is sooo OT BUT....I am in complete envy of you!
You took a picture with POOCH HALL! Like how in the world were you able to maintain complete control so that you wouldn't jump on him while he was standing that close to you?
Where were yall?!

Girl Bye!! OMG! I was about to lose my mind. BUT how it happened...When I go out I make it a point to get to know everyone...bartenders, bouncers, photographers, and the promoters. Well there is this group in my area that is called SHOWSTOPPAZ and my sister introduced me to them all a few years ago...anyhoo I go to all of their events and they told me he was going to be there and I LOVE him! So I told them I had to be in VIP that night and they said okay. So when he got there I was in the front! I danced with him (but got too excited and hit him in the face with my hair...EMBARASSING) but I was totally calm when I was beside him because I didn't want to give off the GROUPIE vibe that is gross. So I said hey and all that, and that it was a pleasure meeting him! Girl he told me I looked sexy and I had a big Kool-Aid smile on my face and said thanks! He asked my name and I said MELODY! And he leaned back and looked at me and said "GIRL MELODY"!! I about fell out! But yeah I have alot of pics with him! LOL! BIG "GAME" fan!!

Minty

none are sprays....

Alter Ego Intensive Leave-In
Phyto 9
Tigi (Bed Head) Ego Boost Leave-In
Tigi (S-Factor) Smoothing Lusterizer
Crece Pelo Leave-In

*Not in that order of preference

Last edited: