USE UP YOUR STASH CHALLENGE 2014: Session 2

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Used up Keravada Fenugreek oil. No back ups. Will repurchase. This is a nice light oil...smells great. Makes my hair really soft. I used it in my dcers and to seal.

So I have six butters and 4 oils. I need to start using up more of these butters on my body.

This Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie is holding on for dear life. :lol: Love it though.

For my weekly cowash I will:
Cowash: AO HSR
Leave in: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie (will be done with this)
Seal: HV Vatika Frosting

Next weekend I should do some more damage since I'm doing dd's hair as well.

For me I will:

Prepoo/Detangle: HV Vatika Frosting
Shampoo: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus
Protein Treatment: Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi mask
DC: Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk
Leave in: APB Watermelon hair cream
Style/Seal: APB Watermelon hair butta

For DD I will:

Prepoo/Detangle: HV Vatika Frosting & AO HSR
Shampoo: SSI Cutie Pie
DC: Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk
Leave in: APB Watermelon Hair Cream
Style/Seal: Braids or twists with APB Watermelon Hair Butta

It helps if I plan things out like this so I don't have a bunch of random half empty bottles and jars laying around. Plus I can use products consistently for a few weeks before deciding how they do on our hair.

Last edited:

EnExitStageLeft

I have a half of a use left of my Curl Junkie Daily Fix.

Its my go to cleanser. I love the Curl Cowash by Ouidad but the Daily fix has more slip :yep:.

Last edited:

faithVA

My hair was dry so I am doing a quick rinse and condition. Used the deva curl one and the NG Herbal Blends. Will finish up the deva curl one this week. Going to finish off the NO grease tonight.

ETA: Oh, and trashing the Tresemme. My hair needs real conditioner.

ImanAdero

Thinking of buying the Cantu Naturals Leave In...

It looks like it actually has some good ingredients and is less expensive per oz than the KKKT or KBB (which I will finish by Tuesday).

Should also finish my V05 conditioner too.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I used up:
Shea Moisture Purification Mask (not a repurchase)
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship leave in (moved on to my last one)
3 more sample packets of Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment
and I forgot to mention I had 2 samples of Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight which I used up and have move on the the full size tube

ETA: I forgot to add that I bought another Phyto Phytokeratine Repairing Ends Serum. I had to hurry up and use my $10 birthday coupon from Ulta so I got another bottle of this amazing staple.

Last edited:

faithVA

I bought 2, 32 oz bottles of the Curls Ecstasy deep conditioner. I hope I like it :look: If I do, I am set with conditioners for quite a while.

EnExitStageLeft

Sat my Oyin Hair Crack...oops I mean Dew.....down for the week.

I only have about 2 weeks worth of use left in it though :(. Don't worry though I still have 40 oz. on stand buy :lick::Love:#ILoveHard :lachen:

Using My Soultanicals Knot Sauce Deliciousness this week to moisturize.

Both are my HG's and I plan to only stay true to them :yep:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Shampoo
K-PAK Reconstruct Shampoo

Conditioner
K-PAK Reconstruct Conditioner
K-PAK Deep Penetrating Reconstructor--->TRASHED
ORS Replenishing Pak- Professional
Shea Moisture Anti-Breakage Masque
Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque
Shea Moisture Balancing Conditioner
Shea Moisture Volumizing Conditioner
Shea Moistue Restorative Conditioner
Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Conditioner
Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing
Aubrey Island Natural Replenishing
Aubrey White Camellia Ultra-Smoothing:yep:
Carols Daughter Black Vanilla Hydrating
Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
Trader Joes Nourish Spa Conditioner:yep:
Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor
============================================
Aussie Moist
Suave Humectant Moisture
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration

Leave-In/Moisturizer
Mizani Coconut Souffle
GVP The Conditioner- Leave In Conditioner (Paul Mitchell)
Mizani H2O Intense Night-Time Treatment
Cantu SheaButter Leave-In
Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie (x3)---->(x2) Gave one away.
Eden Body Works Coconut Shea All Natural Leave In Conditioner
Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14 in 1
Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave In

Other
Murrays Hair Dressing Pomade

**I am only listing things that I NEED to get rid of or things that I am unsure about. Staples are not listed!**

FINISHED:
K-PAK Reconstruct Conditioner
Aubrey White Camellia Ultra-Smoothing, I will repurchase this if I can find the old bottle that I used.

WORKING ON:
K-PAK Reconstruct Shampoo

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I used up my SSI Coco Cream Leave-in yesterday. I really liked it, but I don't necessarily need it. It has the same amount of slip as my CJ Smoothing Lotion, so id pick one or the other. I can get CJ at more places.

faithVA

Tomorrow is wash day, going to knock two things off my list.

My kinky curly stuff came in monday :yep:

randi415

Had to come in and remind myself what products I was supposed to be finishing up.

SM black soap conditioner
DB SCBSC

I should be done with these two by the end of the month. I think I'm down to 3 leave ins.

faithVA

Only finished one thing tonight. Finished off the NO herbal grease. Will have to finish off the Deva curl one next wash. Also think I will finish off the scalp treatment by the end of the month if I remember to use it on wash day.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I am putting this in red so everyone can see it and answer (if you choose).

How do you all feel about throwing out products? If a product is obviously gone bad or it jacks up my hair and it's well past returning, I don't have a problem throwing it out. But for products that are marginal, "ok", or kind of neutral, I feel like I have to use it until it is gone. I feel guilty at just the thought or throwing away something just because "I don't like it." It's almost like my consequence of buying so much stuff is that I have to use stuff I don't love. It's not even the wasted money, I just feel bad that I obviously bought something I either didn't need, or didn't research first, or jumped on a bandwagon, or over zealously backed up.

Is this just Puritanistic guilt? Why can't I decide I don't like it and get rid of it?

Thanks for listening.

oneastrocurlie

Dayjoy I have a couple meh products. Heck I got a full conditioner I know I'm not using. I kinda feel bad pitching until trash day when it's outta my stash for good. When I moved I let a lot of so-so stuff go. To me, I feel better it's gone, by whatever means, then having it sitting taking up stash space.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I think I'm going to throw out what's left of this Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil. It makes my hair greasy-coated and dirty feeling. Now I can start on my oils. I used most of it. I shouldn't feel too bad.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang

How do you all feel about throwing out products? I will not trash it unless it looks bad, like expired!

If a product is obviously gone bad or it jacks up my hair and it's well past returning, I don't have a problem throwing it out. But for products that are marginal, "ok", or kind of neutral, I feel like I have to use it until it is gone. I feel guilty at just the thought or throwing away something just because "I don't like it." It's almost like my consequence of buying so much stuff is that I have to use stuff I don't love. It's not even the wasted money, I just feel bad that I obviously bought something I either didn't need, or didn't research first, or jumped on a bandwagon, or over zealously backed up. This is why I force myself to use it, bc I do the samething.

Is this just Puritanistic guilt? Why can't I decide I don't like it and get rid of it?

Thanks for listening.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
DCing but nothing used up. I will be in and out of this thread because I am going into hiding my hair for the remainder of the year.

My goal is to use up these products while hiding my hair.
Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14 in 1
Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave In

I will be hiding it for 6 to 8 weeks at a time so I will be in during those times when my hair is out, to update on the DC and poo usage.

Last edited:

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density

How do you all feel about throwing out products? If a product is obviously gone bad or it jacks up my hair and it's well past returning, I don't have a problem throwing it out. But for products that are marginal, "ok", or kind of neutral, I feel like I have to use it until it is gone. I feel guilty at just the thought or throwing away something just because "I don't like it." It's almost like my consequence of buying so much stuff is that I have to use stuff I don't love. It's not even the wasted money, I just feel bad that I obviously bought something I either didn't need, or didn't research first, or jumped on a bandwagon, or over zealously backed up.

Thanks for listening.

I agree on the guilt. Even if it has gone bad, I feel bad if it did because it just sat. If it didn't go bad, I try to give it away or use it if I can, but I won't use it if I know my hair hates it. Being in this thread has helped because I'm down to useable amounts in all categories, except 2. I will continue to be a product junkie because it makes me happy, but now I'm keeping it within reason. Just a couple things here and there.

nmartin20

I'm almost finished with my first bottle of Soultanicals Knot Sauce and Hairveda's Almond Glaze. I'm going to work on trying to finish up the following items this month: NGO Chamomile & Burdock Root and Healthy Hair oil Shescenit's Juicy Berry Buttercream frosting, Papaya Curly Soufflé, and MH Hair Cream Obia's Curl Enhancing Custard andCurl Moisture Cream SMCES (about 1or 2 uses left) and purification masque DB Pumpkin Seed about one use left Hairveda's Vatika Frosting- I plan to combine it with one of my conditioners and Acai Berry Phyto BASK Cacao Bark and YAM Nectar(I like combining these two.. Great results for me) JessiCurl DCT I gave a 16 oz Oyin Hair Dew to my niece. I'm going to make her a goodie bag. It will have Bee Mine's deep conditioner and luscious balanced cream, multiple samples, Perfect Blends items, and Belnouvo's items. She recently BC.

I washed/deep conditioned my hair Thursday night. I'm almost finished my knot sauce, almond glaze, SMCEM. I have about one use of BASK Cacao Bark and two more uses of the Yam Nectar.

Also, I was using the Obia's Curl Moisture Cream as a refresher for my puff last week. It worked awesome on dry hair. Almost gone! I'll finish it off this week.

I do not plan to repurchase the SMCEM again. I'm so happy that I can see the bottom of that jar. Lol!! Obia's products will be a repurchase during Black Friday sales! Yep great results!! I still have one or two of the other items left in my stash. I'm very pleased with the knot sauce.

curlyTisME

Used up a few products in a homemade DC mix. ORS replenishing conditioner, CON intensive treatment, SM DTM, and some oils.

greenandchic

Used Up:

Bronner Bros Super Gro Pomade 6 oz
Wonder Curl Restoring Hair Treatment

Purchased:
Shea Moisture Transitioning Cream Leave-in
Marula Nature Marula Oil Leave-in

I haven't purchased much in a while and my stash is finally going down.

Barbara

Princess
I used up my jar of Softee Indian Hemp.

I want to buy and try different product lines, but my finances just won't allow me to do so.

Therefore, I have to gradually keep using up all this current stash that I have before it goes bad.