Skala Hair Products.

adw425

The jaborandi shampoo has several nice ingredients, including wheat germ, nettle, jaborandi, capsicum, egg yolk and at least four more botanicals, but sls is the second ingredient. I will say that I do not normally use shampoos with sulfates in them. I mostly use either my shikakai shampoo bar, shikakai and lavendar castille soap or alfalfa and green tea shampoo, but I do use this shampoo about once a month when my hair is in need of a bit of clarifying (usually those weeks when I have sealed with my homemade coconut oil, camellia, olive, babassu pomade that also contains castor oil) and it leaves my hair in a wonderful state without stripping, which is not something I can say about most shampoos..

Last edited:

Americka

I washed and conditioned with the Skala Shea Butter...Can we say :lick:?! The shampoo did not leave my hair stripped and I could have sworn that I had some slip. Slip from a 'poo? :spinning: The slip from the conditioner is just awesome. I really love this stuff. And I am dc'ing right now with the Skala Fruit Cocktail masque mixed with Biolage and La Plancha. :grin: My name is Ericka and I am addicted to Skala. :look:

Rain20

So far the ingredients in the jaborandi conditioner are the best. I tried this conditioner last night and I thought it was really moisturizing especially for the price.

adw425

Absolutely agree....the jaborandi has eight, the aloe vera two (aloe vera and panthenol) the shea butter only has shea butter and it is at the end of the ingredient list.

Americka

I went to Big Lots and I found one lonely bottle of the Aloe Vera conditioner. The girl said they should receive more. I will be stalking...

flowinlocks

Absolutely agree....the jaborandi has eight, the aloe vera two (aloe vera and panthenol) the shea butter only has shea butter and it is at the end of the ingredient list.

:yep: I noticed this also. I chose this one over the other 2. I cowashed with it the other day for the first time. I thought I wasn't going to like it because it was kinda thin. I worked it through my wet hair, rinsed, reapplied then let it sit for the duration of my shower. When I rinsed my hair felt like silk:lick:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
:yep: I noticed this also. I chose this one over the other 2. I cowashed with it the other day for the first time. I thought I wasn't going to like it because it was kinda thin. I worked it through my wet hair, rinsed, reapplied then let it sit for the duration of my shower. When I rinsed my hair felt like silk:lick:

WOW!:grin:

It's interesting because it's only $1.00, yet it manages to get great reviews.

I dug into the LHCF Archives and Skala was being discussed in 2003:blush:

It's definitely worth the trip to BL's and a Dolla'.:yep:

flowinlocks

WOW!:grin:

It's interesting because it's only $1.00, yet it manages to get great reviews.

I dug into the LHCF Archives and Skala was being discussed in 2003:blush:

It's definitely worth the trip to BL's and a Dolla'.:yep:

I noticed that also. I wish I could find the mask. I don't want to order it for 5 bucks, I'm spoiled now.:lachen:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I noticed that also. I wish I could find the mask. I don't want to order it for 5 bucks, I'm spoiled now.:lachen:

Now You gotta hit up all the BL's:sekret:

IA: $5.00 :dollar: = 5 Products and that doesn't include 'shipping' which is a pain no matter what you buy.:perplexed

fattyfatfat

im sooooo interested in the skala avocado shampoo!

I found one on ebay...just ONE...for $10!!!

*sad face*

NYC ladies, I went to the skala site and they said they sell it in Pathmark, Duane Reade and Stop and Shop.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I made up a Pretend Cart yesterday on their Site:look: *yes....it was pretend and just to gauge shipping:rolleyes:* and it was only $7.95 Fed-Ex (which is comparable to everything else you pay to have shipped).:look:

Only problem is: It's at BL for A Dolla'!

Knowing that......just doesn't bode well with the Old Pocketbook:lachen:

Americka

If I got desperate, I would resort to ordering it from their website. But I'm so heavy handed i.e. wasteful that it is more cost effective for me to pay one a buck. I mean, who wants to pay nearly 400% more for something that only cost them a dollar the first go round?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
If I got desperate, I would resort to ordering it from their website. But I'm so heavy handed i.e. wasteful that it is more cost effective for me to pay one a buck. I mean, who wants to pay nearly 400% more for something that only cost them a dollar the first go round?

Uh......:look:

Is that a Picture of Your Skala Stash:lick:

shiney_sapphire

I posted yesterday about the big lots I hit up. I love it for me (relaxed) and my baby (natural).

Americka....I haven't posted pics yet but I bought 40 bottles yesterday with all of them except the aloe one.

I am Shiney and I am a pj!

Americka

I posted yesterday about the big lots I hit up. I love it for me (relaxed) and my baby (natural).

Americka....I haven't posted pics yet but I bought 40 bottles yesterday with all of them except the aloe one.

I am Shiney and I am a pj!

Girl, I am beyond jealous! That is a haul of epic proportions! Make sure you post pics for us to drool over! :lick:

Coffee

I stopped by Biglots and picked up 3 bottles of the Ceramides G3 condish, and 1 bottle of Ceramides G3 styling cream leave in. I didn't see the mask :ohwell:.

adw425

They had about 18 of the ceramides condish in Big Lots yesterday. I bought six. In the other BL last week they had a ton of the White Rain Water Blossom that I haven't been able to find in over two years, so I stocked up on those, which upped my conditioner volume tremendously, so I didn't buy as many of the ceramide condish as I would have had I not bought like 12 bottles of condish last week. I also bought two of the shea butter leave-in, which is nice mixed with the SKala aloe vera leave-in. I had gotten my stash down to like 10 bottles of conditioner and now I am back up to something like 35 or more, but they all cost $1.00. I would love to go in there and find the Skala avocado condish, or better yet, the leave-in. I love avocado-based products, but there aren't many of them...

Americka

They had about 18 of the ceramides condish in Big Lots yesterday. I bought six. In the other BL last week they had a ton of the White Rain Water Blossom that I haven't been able to find in over two years, so I stocked up on those, which upped my conditioner volume tremendously, so I didn't buy as many of the ceramide condish as I would have had I not bought like 12 bottles of condish last week. I also bought two of the shea butter leave-in, which is nice mixed with the SKala aloe vera leave-in. I had gotten my stash down to like 10 bottles of conditioner and now I am back up to something like 35 or more, but they all cost $1.00. I would love to go in there and find the Skala avocado condish, or better yet, the leave-in. I love avocado-based products, but there aren't many of them...

I love, love, love the Shea Butter leave in! I have 3 of the Aloe Vera, but the SB is my favorite. I would like to try the Ceramides. Have you ever seen that one?

flowinlocks

Ok ya'll make me sick, I'm staying outta here. Why did I just get home from BL?:ohwell: I went and bought 6 more bottles of the Jaborandi cond. they still didn't have the mask and the only ceramide they had was in the poo.

Last edited: