Skala Hair Products.

Just upped my stash.:grin: They didn't have any of the masque.:nono: However I did get 4 of the Ceramide conds. and 3 of the leave in's. They didn't have the Shea Butter cond. but I did get 3 leave in's

ETA: The shea butter is the masque.

Last edited:
I finally found some! But they only had the conditiners and deep treatments in shea and ceramides. So I got 2 of each to try out on my natural hair for tomorrow's cowash and dc.

I am livid I went to 2 biglots and did not find any skala. This weekend I am scouring the city for other biglots I need to find this before I purchase some more keracare humecto

Nooooooo!

I said I was staying loyal to Joico this year and I mean it!

But I haven't committed to anything for next year...Hmmm...:scratchch

I found some Skala in some of my BigLots. The only masks I found were the fruit cocktail. I bought two. I used some on my hair and sat under the steamer for 20 minutes. I am not sure if I like it. :perplexed: Has anyone else used the fruit cocktail masks, and liked it? I would really like to try some of the leave-ins. I will go to a couple other BigLots and check for it.

I found some Skala in some of my BigLots. The only masks I found were the fruit cocktail. I bought two. I used some on my hair and sat under the steamer for 20 minutes. I am not sure if I like it. :perplexed: Has anyone else used the fruit cocktail masks, and liked it? I would really like to try some of the leave-ins. I will go to a couple other BigLots and check for it.

Yes, I have and I am about to DC with it under a heating cap in a few minutes. What don't you like about it? All of the masques have a thin, water consistency, but the slip is fabulous for me.

Found it! :D I got the Shea and Ceramides G3 shampoo. The Aloe Vera, Shea, and Ceramides G3 leave-in and two Aloe conditioning creme. I wish they had more conditioning creme but they only had two Aloe left and I purchase them both. If I like the shampoo or leave-in conditioner, I will go back and buy more.

I am so glad that I came across this post. I had heard about Skala products for a while now but after going to their web-site and seeing a white lady under the products for coarse hair I figured they were not really made for us. That really threw me. Anyway with all of these great reviews I think I may just might try them. Thanks Ladies!

Yes, I have and I am about to DC with it under a heating cap in a few minutes. What don't you like about it? All of the masques have a thin, water consistency, but the slip is fabulous for me.

IDK. I can usually tell right off if my hair likes something or not. I can't quite put my finger on it. I am going to try it one mo' gin. If I am still not feeling it, then bye, bye it goes. My hair is wierd in a way and what it likes. And I don't force it, because I have my staples that my hair loves and responds to.

IDK. I can usually tell right off if my hair likes something or not. I can't quite put my finger on it. I am going to try it one mo' gin. If I am still not feeling it, then bye, bye it goes. My hair is wierd in a way and what it likes. And I don't force it, because I have my staples that my hair loves and responds to.

Um Cutenss I will gladly take your Skala off your hands:look:

I am so glad that I came across this post. I had heard about Skala products for a while now but after going to their web-site and seeing a white lady under the products for coarse hair I figured they were not really made for us. That really threw me. Anyway with all of these great reviews I think I may just might try them. Thanks Ladies!

Not sure if you know but coarse hair isn't AA hair, Coarse is the thickness of a hair strand, Asians have coarse hair, Red heads have coarse hair, anyone with thick hair strands has coarse hair.

I am going to BL today. Something else cheap to add to my collection. I see nothing wrong with it being chea[ just like vo5.

My Big Lots only had one bottle of the Shea Butter Condish last week, so I bought it. This week I spotted two bottles of the Aloe Vera Condish, so I got those too! 2 of my DDs used them and liked them, (they're both natural), so I'll see if my transitioning hair likes it on next co-wash day.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Not sure if you know but coarse hair isn't AA hair, Coarse is the thickness of a hair strand, Asians have coarse hair, Red heads have coarse hair, anyone with thick hair strands has coarse hair.

I am going to BL today. Something else cheap to add to my collection. I see nothing wrong with it being chea[ just like vo5.

:yep::yep:

I'm gonna go to Big Lots today and see if I see any of this stuff. I live in lame Knoxville, though, so it may not be there, but we'll see.

Just left Big Lots and noted they only had the Jaborandi,Shea Butter,Ceramides Condish and one Fruit Cocktail Masque so I became Capt. Product Junkie and bought 15 of the Ceramides Condish,5 of the Shea Butter and the One Fruit Cocktail masque.I Plan on going back for some Jaborandi condish.Today was the new shipment day and they were still stocking when I bounced so I'm gonna check back tommorrow.
******21 items****Can you say major Haul!

Agreed, the jaborandi has the best ingredient list. They have wheat germ, nettle, jaborandi, capsicum, egg yolk and a few other goodies.

The Jaborandi seems to have the best so far although
I can't find a ingredient list online.:ohwell: I know it has pollen extract and Wheat germ oil to name a few.

Oh please trust that was not where I was going with that. Coarse hair comes in all races/nationalities but my point was that if a lot of sisters are buying the product which there seems to be a lot they should at least take the time out to market someone with our hair type whether it be curly, kinky or whatever. I think that we do need to be conscious of buying products that want our money but refuse to market our image. That's all I meant by that. FYI I work with an Asian lady that gets relaxers regularly so of course the term coarse is not just limited to AA's.

Oh please trust that was not where I was going with that. Coarse hair comes in all races/nationalities but my point was that if a lot of sisters are buying the product which there seems to be a lot they should at least take the time out to market someone with our hair type whether it be curly, kinky or whatever. I think that we do need to be conscious of buying products that want our money but refuse to market our image. That's all I meant by that. FYI I work with an Asian lady that gets relaxers regularly so of course the term coarse is not just limited to AA's.

Gotcha, I understand what you are saying. Who knows when/if that will happen. Lol I'm kinda hoping they aren't hip to us buying all this stuff up so it stays a buck.:grin:

Gotcha, I understand what you are saying. Who knows when/if that will happen. Lol I'm kinda hoping they aren't hip to us buying all this stuff up so it stays a buck.:grin:

Okay...Cuz I am droolin' over three new varieties on that website Coffee posted! :lick: I would love to get those for a buck as well!

OH ok gotctha

Anyways I got the Aloe mask and Condish and the Fruit cocktail mask. That's all they had. I'ma have to try a different Big Lots to see if they have more variety.

Ok yall! I put the products to the test this evening. First I shampooed with Shea Butter shampoo, next I DC with the Aloe mask with a tablespoon of Alma Oil. Last, I applied the Shea Butter leave-in styling creme. I sitting here airdrying my hair as I type before bed. My hair is so soft and touchable. Detangling was no effort at all, plus I shampooed over the sink and still no problems. It's a keeper so far. When I go to Memphis this weekend, I plan on checking for more there.

Back