Does Minoxydil actually work?

Honey6928215

I was checking the sickbay website on Dominican Hair Products. I looked on the Alopecil products and saw Alopecil Organic shampoo w/2% Minoxydil. Has anyone ever used it or any other product containing this ingredient?

What were the results?

Honey6928215

Come on people. I know somebody has used it. I did a search and it came up with one result. I wanted more detail of it.

Still waiting....

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Bumping!! I just purchased the Alopecil Tonico Apretol canela y romero (Apretol cinnamon and rosemary tonic) today and I wanted to know if anyone has used this before. It's an intensive treatment that stimulates hair growth and helps to prevent baldness.

Application: Using a cotton ball, apply the tonic with slight touches on the entire scalp. Let it sit for 2-3 hours and wash your hair gently with shampoo and rinse cream Apretol for better results.

Ingredients:

Pantenol, Vitamins A& B-5, Natural Proteins, Cinnamon Extract, and Rosemary Extract.

Anyway feedback or reviews would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.:)

shunemite

I've never used it, but I took a dermatology course. What we were taught was that a drug like Rogaine works, but it depends on the cause of hair loss. Most times it will stimulate a dead follicle, but the growth rate of a healthy follicle itself can't be sped up by the drug. Kind of like the same way you can jump-start a dead car engine, but once it runs, it can only go as fast as the car was built to go.
Oils from rosemary and peppermint are natural stimulants for the follicles so that growth rate can reach its full potential.

L

lkg4healthyhair

Yes is does work but if you are using it because of hair loss/thinning hair once you stop using it your hair will start to shed again.

I am using Minoval now. It has 2% minoxidil in it.

vickid

Minoxidil does work but the 5% was never tested on women (my cousin works for Pfizer and told me this. She also said the generic is just as good as the real thing). 2% works but very, very slowly so you'll find that most women use 5%. I've used 5% for about 2 yrs and have seen results. The downside--when you stop using Rogaine it might make the new growth come out. I only use it once dailly a mixture or essential oils at night. So far, no new growth has come out and its been 4 months.

karezone

vickid said:
Minoxidil does work but the 5% was never tested on women (my cousin works for Pfizer and told me this. She also said the generic is just as good as the real thing). 2% works but very, very slowly so you'll find that most women use 5%. I've used 5% for about 2 yrs and have seen results. The downside--when you stop using Rogaine it might make the new growth come out. I only use it once dailly a mixture or essential oils at night. So far, no new growth has come out and its been 4 months.

You shouldn't have posted that. I have only used the 2%. So it is okay to buy the men's version?

bluediamond0829

well i just actually mixed minoval with ORS fertizlier balm...im seeing alot of new growth around my edges...and will see how it works....

byrdmail

Hi

I haven't used this product but I have used Rogaine (well, Costco's version of Rogaine). My derm told me to use it. After three months of almost daily use, my extremely thin edges are finally growing in. I've had virtually no edges for years due to heredity, hormones, or both. Several people have commented about how nicely my edges are filling in.

byrdmail

Yes, it works. I've been using Rogaine (well, Costco's version of Rogaine) since the beginning of August and my edges are coming back. I've had virtually no edges for years.

secretdiamond

bellezanegra826 said:
bump please b/c i want my edges back!

Oh minoxydil will get your edges back for sure (it was the only that REALLY grew them back and thick), but for me, (I used rogaine), it grew me a mustache and extra long side burns that also started creeping onto my cheek. :eek: The hair was VERY fine and only noticeable when you were up close, BUT I hated it. I also got coarser and longer hair on my arms and legs. I stopped using that thing with the quickness and thank God they went away. But this only seemed to happen to me. It might not happen to you since some things work differently on others. Maybe minoval might work differently, but I'm too scared to try it.

byrdmail

Yes. I've used Rogaine (well, Costco's version of Rogaine) since August 3, 2005. I've gotten some good growth in my edges.

Harina

Anyone who has used minoxydil NOT have all their progress go away once they stopped using it? That's not very fun.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I know of a dermatologist that is AA that suggests Rogaine. She also states progress will be lost once you stop using it.

Harina

This. I have a Coworker who showed me before & after pics of her sister's bald-patchy tore up from the flo' up Hair in various stages of growth and it was a Miracle. :eek:

Her sister used the 5% for about 8 months.

But did her progress eventually go away. That's what people say minoxydil does.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Harina
No. According to her sister (my Coworker), she still uses it once a day (instead of twice a day per the instructions).

And 'may have' switched to the 2%? I'd hafta' to ask her. But I remember her talmbout 2%.

Although she was using 5%.

However, she did stop relaxing and went Natural.

Last Photos I saw of her hair about 3 weeks ago, she had a Full Heavy SL Bob.

ETA: I wonder if you incorporate Healthy Hair Practices, if you will still lose all your progress.